Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Cameras?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Massive Matt
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Ladysmith, Canada

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Cameras? Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm just wondering what all the diff. cameras you guys are using to get these pro pictures. I just have an ordinary camera that I got a few years back for christmas. Not sure if digital is the way to go? or if a cam corder is the way to go. Let me know.
Massive Matt
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Ladysmith, Canada

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to say my friend is selling his Sony DSC-P92 5MP Digital Camera, for 250$ and i'm wondering if this is a good deal and if it would be good to take pictures of me wakeboarding. heres a pic.
BIGMAC
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Russellville,AR

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most pro's use slr's or Dslr's. They allow full control of the camera, have interchangeable lenses, and they are very fast.

As for that Sony, 3x optical isn't that much zoom.
garveyj
Addict
Addict

City: Savage, MN

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a Nikon D-100 - Digital SLR camera. I have 2 different lenses that I choose use. The one I mainly use is a 70-300mm lens, and the other one is a 19-35mm lens. As BIGMAC said, the SLR cameras have the ability to put different lenses on thus giving you different zoom options, and they are pretty fast. My camera can take 3 frames per second, but some cameras go as high as 8 frames per second.
Tig

City: Mt. Airy, MD

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just "went digital" last winter with the digital Rebel. No regrets. You wind up shooting ten times the usual number of pix, only printout the good ones. I went SLR to swap lens. It came with a standard lens and I bought a 70mm-300mm. I shoot the most with the 70-300 lens. It is a good lens for shooting wakeboarding. The 3-shot burst for action works great. The camera itself helps with my "photographic ability". I can at least get the focus correct. I am just a basic hack when it comes to photography. My cousin has the same camera and is into photography. Sometimes he uses the auto settings. Many times he sets things manually.
Want2ride
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Layton, Utah

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just got the Canon Digital Rebel around January. This is my first still camera and I have never really taken pictures before, but I love it, it is an awesome camera. I know its not the best, but it more then fits my needs right now. I just bought a 70-200 F/4L lens that I am extremly happy with! With digital I like the fact that I take a picture, look at it on the camera and see what I did (or didn't do) wrong and take the next picture based on that. In my opinion I think it would be really hard to get good at photography with just a film camera.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: