Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Joe Nedney

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff
Addict
Addict

City: Long Island

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Joe Nedney Reply with quote

he appologized for his acting comment, http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/6124092 , raiders are gonna win this weekend
JHrod
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if he apoligized--it still screwed a team outta the playoffs---i garuntee that pittsburgh could care less if he bowed down and kissed there feet as an apoligy....most of em would just kick him in the face as he did this
Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will the NFL improve the refereeing? Geez, it seems like every game there is a controversy over the quality of the calls that they are making. Even the reviewing system is seriously flawed. I don't really disagree with the refs call in the Steelers game because Washington's hit truely was a penalty, and Pitt should really be blaming themselves for other their other mistakes in the game as this play alone did not cost them the game, just like the Giants shouldn't fully blame the refs for losing them their game as they really blew their game, but there shouldn't be this many bad calls near the end of the games in the playoffs. It's kind of scary to think that these are the NFL's "best" referees. Evil or Very Mad
Ryan_m
Addict
Addict

City: glen ellyn

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, i saw the game but what is the controversy on it ?
Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kicker supposedly acted a little and flopped when he got "hit" by a Pittsburgh Steelers player. Also, the Steelers tried to call a timeout before the ball was snapped but were a little slow on it, and they got pissed off at the refs for that too. I was rooting for the Steelers, but they lost fair.

I think the NFL also needs a new overtime format like college has, because I like to see both teams have a chance to prove, offensively and defensively, that they deserve the win.
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sports in general are about winning and he did what he had to do for them to win. i don't see any need to apologize, after all it was a penalty right?
Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STPHNSN23 wrote:
sports in general are about winning and he did what he had to do for them to win. i don't see any need to apologize, after all it was a penalty right?

It was unnecessary though and just created more controversy than there should've been.

I liked when they prematurely shot the fireworks off before his missed kick. That was really funny, especially when he missed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: