Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Is this a good waterproof casing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cameron_05
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Cadillac, MI

PostPosted: May 15, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Is this a good waterproof casing? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone's had any expierence with this camcorder housing? It looks decent and its not to expensive..I'm got a sony dcr trv18 camcorder...I just need something to keep the camera safe if i'm filming from a tube or if I'm riding and filming...Thanks

http://www.comfortchannel.com/prod.itml/icOid/2631,#Line

BillJ
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: San Diego

PostPosted: May 15, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like it'll work but I have to wonder about the quality of the video you'll get shooting thru plastic. You'll need to make sure the plastic is pulled tight across the lens to minimize distortion and even then I can't imagine it'll look as good as shooting thru a glass or lexan port in a more expensive housing.
cameron_05
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Cadillac, MI

PostPosted: May 15, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I was wondering about the quality also thats the only thing that bothers me...maybe I should go with an EWA bag instead
BillJ
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: San Diego

PostPosted: May 15, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a better choice, or a housing from Epic Cam - http://www.epiccam.com/
JamesWatts
Addict
Addict

City: Santa Monica

PostPosted: May 17, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have and EWA housing, and it works fine. im lucky that i noticed 2 of the seams ripped before i used it again though, i sent it back to them, and they reinforeced the seams, i think its a good houseing, but i always check it, just to make shure. its a litte much for a plastic bag. but, its the only thing thats cheap that i would trust. ive used it on the tube. as well as in the ocean, and its worked nicely, if you want to do anything underwater with it, i would suggest getting weights for it. there is so much air in it that it will float you.

heres some pics from it...they arnt that good because they are just taken from footage of a Vx2000, but, the glass quality is really good, and ive got some really clean footage from it.....pics:northshore hawaii and shasta lake
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: