Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Landing back ON the friggin skate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WakeBoardingManiac
Addict
Addict

City: Montréal

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Landing back ON the friggin skate Reply with quote

ok so here's my major problem. I can do ollies and varial flips (I think that's what they are called? Making an ollie, kicking on TS and making the board make a 180 under you).

I seem to get everything right, the rotation, the height, everything is fine, except I really seem to have a hard time going over the mental block of actually LANDING on the skate. I managed to do it about 5-6 times for the varial, maybe 10-15 times for my ollies. I fell 3-4 times on these, the other ones seemed to be super sketchy (menaing I removed my feet of the board after maybe 1-2 seconds at most)

I tought about removing the wheels and doing them on grass or something, to get past the mental block and actually getting confident that I can land back on it easily and in control, but I don't know if it'd be worth the rouble... Also, if I do it, would it be better with or without the trucks?

Thanks a lot!

Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep at it. You'll get tired of missing & finally commit. That's how it was for me & kickflips.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you mean a shove-it. dunno.

Anyway I've practiced them on the carpet with no trucks. Its pretty helpful. You really learn how to spin the board and try to land on it because theres no risk of it shooting out. I've also noticed I have to jump a little forward on my shove-its to land back in the right position on the board.
WakeBoardingManiac
Addict
Addict

City: Montréal

PostPosted: May 01, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot wakebrad. I have nothing to do tonight so I'll just remove those trucks and f*** around with the board. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: