Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Down to these boards...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carrollcw

City: Goldsboro

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Down to these boards... Reply with quote

OK, I am brand new to wakeboarding (never tried it) but I am an experienced snowboarder so I would guess I should have no problem picking it up. I am about to buy a wakeboard and it is down to these 4: CWD Sol with Mobe bindings, Liquid Force Evo with Evo bindings, Hyperlite Vero with spin bindings, or Obrien Oasis with link bindings. All these are package deals that seem to be good for a beginner/intermediate. The Obrien states that it is great for a beginner but also used by pros. If that is the case and even advanced riders use it, it seems it would be the better board since you won't outgrow it. I just don't know. Any other package deals in the $300 price range I am missing? I know everyone says test ride, but I simply am not in an area where I can do that. So, I am leaving the decision in you all's hands as to which board I will buy. Thanks in advance for the expert advice!!!! BTW, I am 6''1", 185 lbs, 28 years old. I want a board that will have good snap for big air with a small wake (I have a regular bowrider boat, not a wakeboarding boat).
noneya
Addict
Addict

City: Roxboro, NC

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are probably all OK to get you going. As you probably know from snowboarding the board/binding choices come down to personaly preference. The best thing to do is find a board shop and try and demo anything before you buy. The board length is also a big factor in the ride, for your size I would say get at least a 139. I personally had the Evo for awhile and really liked it, out of those choices that is what I would go for.
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

none of those boards are gonna give you a lot of height on a small wake but it will give you somewhere to start and learn the basics. the vero was also shaun murray's pro board at one time so that one you wont nescesarily outgrow. pretty much any of those would be good to start out on.
03Belmont
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a package for sale for $260 its used about 5 times... its a 2003 liquid force search 135 with speed suction binedings... its a great beg/int board...

Quote:
Length: 135.60 cm/53.39 in.
Mid width: 42.10 cm/16.57 in.
Tip width: N/A
Weight: N/A Rocker: 5.30 cm/2.09 in.
Rocker type: Continuous
Tip type: N/A
MSRP: $269.99 USD Blank w/ out binedings

Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
Fin configuration: Composite 2.1" center
Weight range: 80 lbs. to 200 lbs.
Stance width range: 43.20 cm/17.01 in. to 58.40 cm/22.99 in.
Construction: Poly urethane foam core
Company website: LiquidForce.com

Company comments: If you’re looking for a great performing board that won’t cause the money-cruncher/ bean-counter in your family to freak out at your lavish spending habits, your search is over. While considered to be more of an entry-level board, team riders like Myles Vickers have been rocking these boards for years. Our Search Series comes designed with smooth, simple lines. This translates into one of the most fun and forgiving rides you can have behind the boat. Myles has made the entry-level board cool again.
Smooth, User friendly shape - Stable and easy to turn
Center of mass deck with lower volume nose and tail - Sturdy platform with minimal swing weight
Round template - Flows through water effortlessly, without any catch spots
3 Stage rocker running through the center - Gives stability when cruising in the flats and huge pop when launching off the wake.
Continuous rocker along the rail line - Provides quick and smooth response when edging
Reinforced insert bar with Sealed Inserts - Solid locking platform for bindings, no water seepage into core
Epoxy coated hulls - Retains all the crispness of the original shape
PBT top-sheet - Shiny, durable, looks great

here are the bindings specs

Quote:
Weight/pair: N/A
Sizes: one size fits all
MSRP: $200
Skill level: Beginner
Company website: LiquidForce.com

Company comments: Not everybody needs their own top of the line, sports-car-like pair of bindings. For those wanting to have a pair of quality entry level boots to share, the Speed Suction is tough to beat. This one-size-fits-all binding is loaded with plenty of high end options and is guaranteed to keep you and your friends coming back to the water for more.
Adjustable front lace - Simple and secure
One size fits all - Share this binding with a boatload of friends
Upper ankle power strap - Locks heel down in position. Minimizes heel lift and, thus, improves responsiveness of ride.
Newly improved Liquid Force Custom Floating Tongue - Wider, Thicker, Softer. More improved orthotic fit.
Corrugated baseplate - Adds stiffness, keeps bindings flat with board
Tea Cup Lace lock - Tired of trying to figure out what to do with the laces after you cinched the bindings down? That’s why we came up with this little piece of innovation, called the Tea Cup. Clip it down and hit the water.
Lace lock system - Whether you like a snug upper ankle fit, or a loose fit, there’s one thing you definitely want and that’s an unchanging feel. You don’t want your binding to loosen in the middle of a set. This is the reason we’ve spent so much time finding the best little gadget possible to keep your laces on lock down. It’s a small part of the equation, yet an important one. Locks down and loosens when you want it to, not when you least expect it to.
Footbed - Thick, soft, and plush. That’s the best way to describe our foot-beds. With memory foam inserts, a raised arch, built in forward lean, and an anatomical fit, this is the best present we could have given your feet. Our team has been thanking us since the day they first used these cushions. Heel bruises are a thing of the past.
Heel Cushion Gel Pad - You don’t realize how sensitive your heel is, or how painful a heel bruise can be, until you’ve hurt it. Luckily for you, our team has made sure that you don’t have to experience that pain. Our Gel Pad ensures that your heel will have the extra cushioning that it deserves.
Nylon Pull Straps - When we unveiled these on our Super Suctions four years ago, we became the first company to utilize any type of binding entry pull-strap. Since then we’ve continued improving on this system making it stronger and easier to use. Getting into your bindings is the first step to each session, so we’ve tried to make sure that the first step is an easy one. If you've ever used bindings that didn’t have pull-straps, you know why the rest of the industry copied our idea.
Adjustable hardware - Do you know anybody that has the exact same foot as you? NO. Even if they’ve got the same length foot, chances are they have a flat foot and you’ve got a high arch. Why should we all wear the exact same binding then? We shouldn’t. That’s why we have hardware on our bindings that will allow you to tweak your overlays to the perfect fit. Quick and easy, customization is what suction is all about.
carrollcw

City: Goldsboro

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am going to go with the LF evo with the evo bindings. I like that the board is 3 stage and the bindings seem to have better reviews than the spin bindings. Any final thoughts before I go buy it?
boarderman88
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: South Lyon

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with a 03 Sol and mobe bindings and i love them, just a thought
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: