Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What size of board and type should I get need help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
perillo34

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: What size of board and type should I get need help? Reply with quote

I am about 5'9" but stacked around 190 with some beef. I have been contemplating between a 136 and 140. I am an intermediate rider who is looking for a board to advance his skills. I like to cut hard go big, but need something light to throw around. I have been looking into the 140 CWB Pordigy, and a 140 2002 Premier DNA. Any tips would be great, my Rusty board from 5 years ago just really isnt doing it for me any more, its to big and heavy.
THanks
03Belmont
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say go with something around 136 - 138 in size
perillo34

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think 136 and 138, how would you compare the two sizes, does it track better the bigger, or slip more the smaller, just curious I will probably go with the smaller.
mn_vtec
Criminal
Criminal

City: Fargo

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bigger the board the softer the landings in general. Also, the smaller the board the lighter and easier to spin/throw around. With a larger board you are more on top of the water so you can pop off it easier. With a smaller board you might need to go a little faster to plane out. I have the same question though, too. Although I'm beginning to think that it's all about personal preference. Another thing - would 2 cm really matter that much? That's about an inch - or a half inch on either side of your foot. It might a little - but I don't really know. I'm sure a 138 or 140 would do great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: