Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Do you worry about how much you weigh?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Coast

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Do you worry about how much you weigh? Reply with quote

I worry about how much I weigh affecting my ride. I bust my rear staying the size that I am because I'm afraid if I gain any weight I won't be able to board as well (not that I am any good now - hahaha!). So instead of just exercising to stay in shape, I also limit my caloric intake, and try not to vary my weight too much up or down.

My hubby is supportive of my efforts but doesn't really think they are necessary.

Lisa

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
indywakechica
Addict
Addict

City: Indianapolis

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit OCD about my weight but not cuz of wakeboarding. Mine's more that whole girly low self-esteem, distorted self body image thing going on. Seems like a person would have to put on quite a bit of weight really fast to where they'd be able to tell a difference in performance. What you're doing sounds harmless enough though. As long as you're not getting really obsessive about it or getting way too thin where the folks around you are concerned sounds like you are fighting the fight we all do to keeping our booties fittin in our jeans...you're just doing it for a different reason than most. Very Happy
Melanie G
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry about my weight all the time, it's a girl thing.
Dragonlady8

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if I'm starting to have a diffficult time getting back into my boardshorts.
Grace B.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: OR/WA

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry about my weight too, I think a lot of girls do. During the summer when I'm wakeboarding and swimming almost everyday I don't worry because I'm getting a lot of exercise. Its during the winter that I worry because I'm not as active! I don't get too obsessive about it, but I do worry!
kerriokie
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the winter months are a struggle. I don't worry about weight loss or gain during the winter time, just trying to keep my strength and endurance up so I'm ready when the season rolls back around.
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be hung up on my weight. But when I stopped modeling, I stopped carrying about the whole weight issue. As long as I am healthy and happy, then who cares what the scale says?

Dragonlady-I agree with you. The only time I would be concerned would be if I didn't fit into my boardshorts. I hate having to buy new ones. I had that problem last winter-gained some weight. But I worked it off with all the riding I did over the summer. Plus, I started skateboarding again and stopped drinking. I shouldn't have any problems this winter if I stay active
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: NYC

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I worry about my weight? Yes, from a girly "I'm fat" kinda perspective. Do I obsess about it? No. If eating that big bowl of ice cream is going to help me relax after a stressful day and put a smile on my face, I'll do it. I get enough activity to keep it in check.

I've never really thought about my weight impacting my riding because I'm a big girl already (>160) and I ride no problem, wake to wake, plenty of air.
Tigerblp
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Winter Park (Orlando)

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all worry about our weight... but if you wakeboard enough, that should keep any new weight off. I ride usually 3 or 4 times a week, and that's all the exercise I get... and everyone keeps telling me how I've lost weight. I thinkw akeboarding is one of the best workouts you could possibly get! Sounds liek you're just keeping in super good shape and getting really healthy. A lot of pros do that during competition season so they can be on top of their game.
Balance 360
CollegeWakeboard.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who worries about my weight. I'm also happy to hear that it probably won't affect my riding much if I gain or loose.

I am physically fit (not that it helps either - hahaha). I run 1.5 miles each work day, do yoga, sit-ups, push-ups, stretch, stretch, and friggin stretch some more so that I won't get hurt. I am pretty paranoid about getting hurt. I don't know if all of that stretching actually helps, but I've convinced myself it will, so I can relax more when I am on the water. Once I hit mid-thirties, I started worrying more because my bod just doesn't bounce back as well anymore (and I'm not getting any younger - LOL). Very Happy

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I EAT, eat, eat haha. i condider wakeboarding my workout. Haha. If you think about it, weighing more will just sink the rail better, hah.
WetChick19
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita/Lawrence/OP

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, the weight thing all comes with being a girl. its just part of the job. but hell as long as i can still fit in my bikini and boardshorts thats all that matters.
boardgrl14

PostPosted: Oct 26, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really care about my weight too much. if anybody doesn't like my size, that's their problem. it might also be that everyone calls me a stick...
wakepics
Addict
Addict

City: Bourbonnais...

PostPosted: Oct 26, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRock Girl...so true...Rock on with your Bad self! I wakeboard, rockclimb and ski and going to learn to snowbaord so I don't have to worry about my weight. If I stop these activies then I'll really start to worry!

E

www.doyoucarve.com
xtremebordgurl
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Portland

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm way overweight, an I worry only for when I know I'll be able to wakeboard. Like right now, I'm like work'n my butt off to lose pounds an get in shape cause I know when I get to FL I can wakeboard an I wanna be in shape for it. I don't get to ride often up here in Maine with a boat on the ocean, I stay pretty active in the summer outside of that but winter is deadly! lol I don't care what I look like, I figure people like me for the crazy gal I am, an if not its their loss, but when it comes to riding I do worry about it. But it sounds like you're pretty active, so I wouldn't worry much about it, you're jus stay'n healthy an thats a good thing (as long as you don't get like OCD about it) Wink .

www.wakeworld.com
www.floridawakeboarding.com
wakejunkeygirl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: saint petersburg florida

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be 32 in April...WOW..sounds wierd saying that...but 'tis the truth. I stay around 100-104 pounds, with a good diet and 3-5 days a week of exercise. lotsa veggies and limited soda and snacks. what everyone said about 'you gain it easier after 30' is true, but NOT if you live a healthy lifestyle and stay on top of it. sometimes I will gain 4 pounds or so and as soon as I see that , I get on top of it and dont let it turn into 6, 10, 15 pounds. being in great cardiovascular shape as well as toned muscle definition def. helped me with wakeboarding last season.

oh btw, I had not been on this board in a while and wanted to let all the girls know who I chatted with that on my last run of the season, I landed and rode away from my air 180, rode goofy then switched back around ..it was a TS jump! I was soooo proud. looks like next season is gonna be sweet. Leslisa, you need to plan a trip down to east lake to ride with me and Michele and Laura. during the summer I'll be riding 5-6 days a week and I can't wait! private lake 3 wakeboard boats that are all our friends!!! HOOKED UP! Razz
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bulkin' up to 165. I'm guessing that's on the heavy side for 5'9". Gotta diet!! Shocked
I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumalian, 165?? I guess I must be fat then....5'10" 185..... Rolling Eyes Laughing

I love this forum. Twisted Evil
Rocko
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Omaha

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love being a guy. i drink all the beer i want, eat anything i want, and i've weighed 165 since i was 18. but i guess this isn't helping. Very Happy
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-dub, heck yeah, you're a fat turd dude! You better get on Atkins ASAP! Wink
I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all atkins stuff can be ordered thru my familys healthfood store....

weve had it for like 5 yrs now Laughing Laughing Laughing trendy bastards!

dw
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Long Island

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am the scrub at 156 Embarassed
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I'm on my heavy side right now, I guess it doesn't matter. I haven't been able to go out in a month. I was sick, then my son was sick, then multiple parties to coordinate. I'm back up to 125, but I'm sure I'll loose it again this month (I hope). You guys have it easy. My hubby eats like heck and never goes over a certain weight (he's also 6'1" though, I'm only 5'2"). He's never overweight.

On the bright side, someone told my hubby I looked like I was 25 this weekend. Wink I guess you're only as old as you feel.

Lisa

Kinky
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Niagara Falls

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I ever know what you are talking about... I gained 15 lbs LAST winter, had a hard time losing it (worked out 5 days a week) but I kept myself looking firm at least. A lot of weight lifting (if you can't burn it, build it!)

Does anyone know of anywhere (online) good to get boardshorts (long) for us girls.
And how do you know what will fit you? expecially buying online.
There aren't any stores around here with decent long womans boardshorts.

Why do the woman have to be punished with this weight thing, can't men get this "disease" too?!?!!!!

leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinky - I buy guys board shorts. I wear long and short depending on how I feel that day. They are cheaper, easier to find, and I love the kind with the velcro adjustable tabs on the waist. I'd rather save my $40 towards wakeboarding equipment and buy the shorts on sale for $5 - hahaha.

That being said. I do love eBay. I got 6 new pairs of OP girls shorts the last month for $18. They were various sizes so I kept the ones that fit me and gave the rest away for Christmas. I wear a size 3/5 and about a 28 in mens if that helps with the size thing. Wink

Lisa

CENFLA
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt worry about your weight effecting your wakeboarding at all, as long as you keep in good shape weight shouldnt matter. Remember Jeff Heer, he was never a tiny guy but could ride better than a lot of the smaller guys. As long as you feel good and safe when you are riding, nothing else should matter
wakeboardchick18

City: Scottsdale

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it really matters how much you weigh. Its not about how you look always its matters i fyour having fun or not. no really cares if you way a little more than you want yourself too. So just dont worry about it so much and just have fun wakeboarding!! Rolling Eyes
JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muscle weighs more than fat Very Happy

Kinky, You should just rock the guys shorts. I hate how they make the girls long shorts. Fox makes some worthy boardshorts, check out the ones in my profile hah, I love them and I scored a pair for $25 on ebay a while ago.

wakepics, Rock on Mr. Green

MissJade
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree. I love guys boardshorts too. Just go to a shop and try a bunch of them on. I like them a little bigger cause they sit lower on the waist.
CENFLA
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rock my boyfriends all the time, they are a million times more comfortable
princess123458
Criminal
Criminal

City: Discovery Bay

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some times it does but all you have to do is work out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: