Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

NC Cable Park

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave W
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Rochester

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: NC Cable Park Reply with quote

OK, need a little help here. I did a few google searches and I did a forum search on this site, but I couldn't find it. Anyone know the name of the cable park in North Carolina or where it's located? Might be headed down to NC this june and wanted to see if there was any way of squeezing some wakeboarding into the trip.
03Belmont
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I thik it closed I tried to find it to and talked to some people that said it closed... Sucks I wanted to ride there too...
Tyler~Moore
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have been nice...too bad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dave W
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closed! Wow, how much does that suck. There are like 50 cable parks in Germany alone, and out of the handful of them in the states one of them can't seem to stay open? That sucks big time. I think x2xwakegirlx2x rode there. Or was she at ski rixen? Either way, I haven't seen much of her on the boards in a while.
xtremebordgurl
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Portland

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she rides at Ski Rixen now, yeah I don't know why Cable Parks are having such a hard time over here... maybe its all the legalities? More paperwork involved in getting parks up and running? Plus rights to the water I'm sure must be a big deal. A park jus opened in Kansas City yay!! Very Happy

www.wakeworld.com
www.floridawakeboarding.com
03Belmont
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremebordgurl, I heard that park has a bunch of sliders
Dave W
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of wonder if our lack of cable parks in the US is due to our litigation happy society. Like I said, I heard that there are fifty of them in Germany. Not sure how accurate that number is, but there are definitely a lot. It's not like Germany is exactly a tropical climate either. If they can make money running a cable park in Germany seven or eight months out of the year, it seems like they must be profitable. Not sure what other relevant differences there are between Germany and the US that would make them so hard to do here.
03Belmont
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave W, maby more boats over here has something to do with it... I dought there are many wake boats in germany
16 ft hero
Criminal
Criminal

City: 518

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was talking to a friend of mine who is from germany, and he was telling me that there was seriously tons of cable parks there , and they were always so busy...

im from ny, and there is only a handfull of people around here that KNOW what a cable park is..... i guess that the only LOGICAL place to put a cable park is somewhere that you can be open atleast 9 months out of the year anyway ...

wesgardner
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Severna Park

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,

One thing's for sure, gasoline is quite expensive throughout Europe - maybe $4.00/gallon... some of our European friends I'm sure can clarify this as the exchange rate fluxuates...

Don't know why the NC park closed, I never went and have never ridden on the cable although it sounds like some fun can be had....

Wes
Mr. Wonka
Criminal
Criminal

City: orlando

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 52 cables in Germany alone and over 70 in Europe as a whole. There used to be quite a few in the states, but most of them closed down due to money, insurance and liability issues. Houston Texas, Jekall Island Georgia, Denver Colorado, Santa Fe California, and now added to the closed list in Ski Rixen North Carolina (there is also an 8 corner cable in Wet N' Wild in Orlando, but it goes about 10 mph and you can only use a kneeboard so...). The main reason the one in NC closed is because it was located in the middle of Fort Bragg in fayetville North Carolina. Business was not exactly booming and after the 9/11 incident, they decided to close it down. the cable in Kansas City Kansas is due to ope in April, they just don't have any water right now. Rumors are also floating around that Rene Hoffman has started breaking ground in tampa for a new cable park.

www.SkiRixenusa.com (Deerfield Beach, Florida)
www.TexasSkiRanch.com (New Braunfels, texas)
www.KCWatersports.com (Kansas City, Kansas)
www.OrlandoWaterSports.com (Orlando, Florida)

Dave W
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Mr. Wonka. Know if there's any chance of someone buying and attempting to reopen the NC park, or is it done for good?
03Belmont
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does it cost to buy and set up a 4 sided cable?
TomG

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: German cable park Reply with quote

Hi guys, we have 57 cable parks in Germany and the number is growing. It might have the reason, as some of you already mentioned, that we dont have as many boats as you guys in the US. German law doesnt allow us to ride a boat a. everywhere we want on lakes b. without a boating license and aswell some already mentioned the gas price. 1 Liter is now 1,50 EURO!!! The gallon would be around 7 bucks.... no fun I tell you to take a boat for a ride! Plus we dont have two oceans and less lakes.
Cable parks were invented in Germany by Rixen (and Sesitec), so this might be aswell something why Germany is so big on that. Here is a link with a lot of parks in Germany but not all of them are listed!!! www.wasserski.de
In NC used to be a cable that was mounted in Camp Lejeune - it was dismounted and as far as I know it was sold to Florida or was raised with the name RIXEN again in FL - dont know 100% sure.
IF looking for a wakepark in NC look at East Coast Wake Park in Greenville!
speedLINER

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable park in NC is NOT closed! It just doesnt have a cable system anymore. The park is called East Coast Wake Park (ECWP) and Chris Hopf runs it. It is located in Greenville, NC. He has a lake specifically for riding behind a boat and the rest of the park is towed behind a jetski. The park ahs some awesome sliders and more are being added everyday.
shaggyboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: ft. laud.... hook me up with a pull

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy thread revival.
holdsworth
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For real... how the hell did TomG find this?
TomG

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am from Germany and have done some research bc I've been to NC last year and wanted to shredd' ! Found out about East Coast Wake Park, which I highly recommend! Chris is a cool guys and you can learn a lot! As far as I know he'll pull up a 2.0 System in the near future.
The cable park I was talking about used to be in or very close to Lejeune and was transfered to Florida about 20 yrs ago. So Speedliner and I are NOT talking the same page/park here! ECWP IS RUNNING but not on a cable so far! BUT Chris is going for it! Find Chris on FB as Chris Hopf or search East Coast Wake Park. He has some nice obstacles - kind of hidden in the outskirts from Greenville - but THE place to be in NC when you wanna shredd obstacles.
ORIGINryder
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: San Antonio

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other cable thread he brought back was from '03..
ky1e
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a cable in north Carolina many years ago that was never broken down but was out of business. it is now what we know as Revolution. they purchased the system, had it broken down
and simply relocated it

rscott22
Criminal
Criminal

City: Waynesboro

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one needs to build a cable park up here in the Tti-sate area with DC, Baltimore, Arlington, Philly, Pitt etc. they would make a killing!

Wake: Soon to come Wink
barnesg06

City: Greenville

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats up,

I work with chris out at ECWP here in Greenville, NC. You can get up with him on facebook as Tom said or message me and I can get you in direct contact with him. If you get a chance come check the park out, right now we have a lake full of rails that we pull with a sea-doo but there are more big things to come very soon! Def. worth checking out.

Geoffrey

TomG

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ barnesg06: whats happening @ ECWP? Any news concerning a cbl?
barnesg06

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom- Big things are in the works right now. Ill put it this way, very shortly the place is not going to look the same! Very Happy
TomG

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: good news Reply with quote

@barnesg06: I wish I was there during the summer! Seem like some Sesitec is going to be raised, hu? Chris set up a clinic for shredding!? NICE - too bad I'm 4500 miles away!
barnesg06

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it is going to be a good time. There is a clinic set up for the summer. You should take it a trip over it will be worth it.
TomG

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: trip Reply with quote

depending on some things i might be in town for shreddin in july. Very Happy
TomG

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Fort Bragg Reply with quote

Heard something is going on at the old place where the cable used to be! Does anyone have any news? HEard Rixen is pulling a new cable up with MWR!
TomG

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: well now we know Reply with quote

Hi all,
Hexagon shouldnt be a secret any more and the new place at Smith Lake, Fort Bragg @ MWR should be out in the streets as well.
Hope to be in NC late August and have some good shred sets all the NC places!
hrwake

PostPosted: May 31, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea Hexagon has a Facebook page, they've been posting a lot of construction pictures. they've pushed back the opening date several times, I'm actually not sure if it has opened yet or not
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: