Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Guide for New Posters... Links to former threads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Sac

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Guide for New Posters... Links to former threads Reply with quote

Here are links to a thread I think might have some useful info. I could be wrong but I believe there are some valid thoughts in these post.

My original post in Non Wake...
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=8113&start=0

Scotta's follow up in General Wake...
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=8114&highlight=guide+posters

Here's the original list I posted. I'll try to add to it later.

1.) Use the search at the top of the page before you create a new post. There are like 2 new post about wakeboarder unleashed everyday which are not needed. Most of these topics have been done before. Bring back an old thread before creating a new one.

2.) Post in the appropriate forum. Again back to the unleashed thing. There is a forum for that game. Stay out of posting it in General or Non-Wake.

3.) No more hot or not post. It's just lame. This is a wakeboarding forum. I believe there are other sites for stuff like that. If you really care look at profile pics and private message those people.

4.) Respect the people who have been around a while. One insult may lead to countless attacks upon yourself and your family. It's just not worth the 5 pages of flaming that will follow.

5.) Pace yourself. No need to blow through 1000 post in a month. Try to make your comments interesting or at least funny.

6.) Remember stupid questions get stupid answers.

jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Guide for New Posters... Links to former threads Reply with quote

Nor*Cal wrote:
4.) Respect the people who have been around a while. One insult may lead to countless attacks upon yourself and your family. It's just not worth the 5 pages of flaming that will follow.

Long time members need to do the same.

Nor*Cal wrote:
6.) Remember stupid questions get stupid answers.

Remember, there's no rule that says you have to post. If it's really that stupid, ignore it and move on.

I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumalian, I totally agree and that's why I made the list a while back. I believe we went over all this in the 2 other threads.

#6 is something everyone should know, be it on forums or in life.

Pat McCarthy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but the problem is that the definition of "stupid" is different to different people. Someone said that asking which Hyperlite board to get is a stupid question. I don't think that's a stupid question, but that person did. That's the problem with giving a stupid answer to what you deem is a stupid question.

It's better to ignore or report a stupid question to me instead of giving a smartass answer.

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its funny all the fros and commies are posting rules like this in the new memeber section, how bout this.......if a persons post is so senseless to you DON'T RESPOND

No need to be an a$$hole to someone who didn't feel like going through 10 pages of searching......let them post there question you don't have to be the LAW of wakeboarder.com chewing them up, since i'm sure u have more important things to do rather then tear open some new member who asked the question how do I do a 360......
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is so serious... It's just something I say when questions don't have good answers or the answer is subjective.

It's not meant as an insult or anything mean. I'm just trying to be funny and sarcastic.

dw
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Long Island

PostPosted: Dec 28, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops that guest was me I dunno why I wasn't signed in

Nor Cal I know what your saying but alot of the new people get gang jumped cuz one of you makes a wise crack just in good fun then next thing you know they have about six pages with the search button circled (though I do find that pretty funny) Twisted Evil

Just ease up on them I mean wakeboarders are supposed to be the most laid back of all people, like now that they got a noob section you can rip on them for asking questions outta place.....but don't go into the noob section and light them up lol thats terrible Laughing

Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 28, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the last time I attacked a newb on this site. I made that post a few monthes back as a way of maybe diverting some of the noob bashing. I never intended that post or this post to be a means of people to point fingers at those who bash newcomers.

I generally keep my sarcasm to those people on here who know what I am like and can handle a little joking around.

dw
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Long Island

PostPosted: Dec 28, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad I am not trying to point you out.....I am just saying some kids who ask questions are getting ripped and I mean sure we have seen the question, which board is best for me? Like 6 thousand times but I think it would be better to just not to replay to that rather then tear the kid open.....after all at one point or another we were all people excited to get our first board and you were really unsure about what decisions to make

You should just be like I know your new, but just check the search function, and your gonna really have to demo the board, because in the end its all personal preferance....it doesn't take much to be nice to a person and your advice might really help them out

I wasn't trying to point you out though nor, I know your just a wisecracker Razz but some people on this forum do bully the new guys around and it bothers me a little to see it

criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Dec 29, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't ever recall Nor*Cal ripping on any noobs.... or anybody much for that matter.
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Dec 29, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have! That Nor*Cal guy's a jerk to n00bies!

JK! Nor*Cal's one of the good guys!

dw wrote:
it doesn't take much to be nice to a person and your advice might really help them out

Excellent...couldn't have said it any better.

I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: