Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

The story gets worse...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ty540
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2003 7:55 am    Post subject: The story gets worse... Reply with quote

So my board broke (see other thread). My friend and I split the cost of a new deck, so I was happy. It was a blank, but was made in the US, 7-ply hard rock maple, so I figured I couldn´t go wrong. Plus, it was the size and shape I wanted. 40 Euros, plus 9 Euros for tape (skate stuff is not cheap in Spain, especially with the exchange rate we Americans are getting right now. A brand name deck is about 90 Euros! Ouch). So I ride my new deck for the first time, and it rocks! Feels great, good pop, way better than the old one in every sense. Ride it for the second time--still great. Ride if for the third time last night, and snap the POS in half doing a kickflip on flat ground. I am pissed--at the very least I could have broken it trying something cool. Oh well, less than 3 more weeks over here... Then I will get a real skateboard. Shall be good times.
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why didnt you just post this in your other thread there are only maybe two posts coming from people other than you?
ty540
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I am bitter and annoyed and I want as many people as possible to attend my little "pity-party" of angst and depression.
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it back to the shop to get a replacement. And the prices of the decks you have there in actualy fact is cheap (compared to Australia). My blank cost me $70 inc. grip tape.
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Markham

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Canada Pro decks are $90 gripped. A good complete will run you over $200. But skateboarding's "extreme" - people buy into it...

That sucks about the deck though. My bro got my a Flip New Wave for Christmas last year. In the winter I took it to an indoor park. Loved it. Slid really fast, nice and snappy, I was happy on the first day. Second day, boardsliding a rail, came down on the tail and snap. Gone... Oh well...
liquidforce519
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty540, dont feel so bad i broke a shortys blank deck on a ollie Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: