Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Rodney Mullen in Opinion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeboarder_dude22 wrote:
Hey Jester, I never said Tony Hawk was bad. He is by far the best vert skater ever in the world, but I just like watching Rodney do all his flips and stuff more.

I wasn't saying that stuff to you, if you like watching Rodney more then that's fine. It's the kids who say Tony's overrated & how other guys skate better that I was talking to.
wakeboarder_dude22
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Australia

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, its just that you said neither me nor Infamous.
s-s213
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nanaimo

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeboarder_dude22 wrote:
Maybe Tony Hawk is a better skater, but Rodney Mullen is heaps better to watch.

No. Tony Hawk just sucks. Ok ok, he doen't suck, but he certainly isn't the best.
s-s213
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nanaimo

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for all the posts. But also, you can't really compare skaters like Tony Hawk and Rodney Mullen. It's like compared cable wakeboarders to normal ones. In skateboarding, I'd say Tony Hawk is argueably the best vert skater. He's good yes, but just because he has big tricks, I've never much liked his style or anything myself. Hmm, I think it's safe to say Rodney Mullen is best freestyle, but I guess you ever know...

As far as street skating goes though, a topic not much brought up in this thread, there are so many these days it's hard to tell. Some would say Reynolds or Koston or Appleyard. I guess theres no real way to tell since theres so many amazing street skaters.
SkiSk8er1287

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodney is the most influential skater EVER...how many tricks did this guy come up with...a TON...skating today wouldn't be the same without him 'nuff said

tony is the man...but he hasn't influenced skating as much as rodney...oh and he better watch out cuz danny way is kickin ass right now
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no best skater in the world really. Every one has there own opinions. SOme people like flips more then grinds or visa versa or vert more then street. Only you your self can say if Tony Hawk is the worlds best skater and you can only compare your opinion to someone else, your no more right then the next person.
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Seymour/La-Crosse/Minocqua

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thats a personal opinion not a fact so it's irrellavent to the conversation. Fact: Both Tony Hawk and Rodney Mullen are two of the most definate greats of skateboarding. With out their years of hqard work skateboarding would not be how it is today.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't what you have listed after fact opinion also? Dude all forums are opinions, just lots of them. Rolling Eyes

Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, what they listed is fact. Tony Hawk has been pushing the limits of vert skating for 2 decades now & he's the ambassador to the public. Without him skateboarding wouldn't be thriving the way it has been for the past few years.

Rodney Mullen, well if it wasn't for him street skating would be light years behind. You can't tell me that street skating would be fine without him 'cuz half of the REALLY interesting stuff that street skaters are doing involve flip tricks, of which Rodney invented probably 90%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: