Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help with Varial Kick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkiSk8er1287

PostPosted: Oct 28, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Help with Varial Kick Reply with quote

i have the kickflip down pretty well, and now i'm trying it with the rotation, but i'm having a hard time...i've been told how to do it but i don't know if it's right, here is what they said
pop and start a shuv-it
when the board hits 45 degrees, flick a kickflip off the edge of the concave
wait for the rotation with board under ur feet
stomp the landing
but what happens is that i start the rotation but can never "flick" the kickflip in... the board also shoots off to my right...with no flip (i ride regular)...this has resulted with me on the ground...alot

any suggestions?[/b]
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait till your in the air once your are you start start the flip with your frotn foot and shuvit with your back all at the same time. Your problem is probably not getting the pop before doing the trick, I watch people do it lots they flip to early and it just rolls along the ground. Good luck on them.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nanaimo

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah what vip said. You gotta make sure after you pop though to kick your back foot behind you so it actually rotates all the way. The more you scoop the board with your back foot the more it'll rotate. Make sure to concentrate on both kicking out your back foot and sliding your front foot like a kickflip though, otherwise it will land upside down a lot of the time.
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that I have to do the kickflip a bit harder on these than a normal kickflip. A lot of my attempts make the shuvit rotation but the kickflip only flips halfway. I've also found it helps to move my back foot a little further towards the toeside to help make the roation a bit easier. I'm still pretty inconsistent with them, but if you can do kickflips and pop-shuvits I don't think you should have any trouble with it... just keep practicing and it will come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: