Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Adkison's Suicide Raley Pic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solo
Criminal
Criminal

City: Seattle, WA

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Adkison's Suicide Raley Pic! Reply with quote

Sorry about the quality. Captured it from digital video. If you haven't seen one before, it's a Raley with a handle release and catch. Just insane to see live! The first one he attempted he crashed and it looked painful. I seriously think if you bit it hard on one of these it could kill you.

Kids don't try this at home!

Look for the "Just another day on Lake Whippoorwill" video and article to be posted on WW sometime this month. Two shots of this trick, both slow motion and actual speed. As well as a TS 900 and a HS Method 700 both off the wake.

Andrew Adkison Rips!

Suicide Raley 2.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  14.63 KB
 Viewed:  16754 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awsome, i think i saw that video...but also, a suicide raley, is a raley on to a slider, invented by Chad Forrest, a pro cable rider. Known for it, and gave it that name more then a year ago. He does it on the cable, check out the TSR site, they have a seguence of it on there somewhere.

I have heard people a raley, and letting go and grabbing it again...i guess it can be both...but dam, is he going big i nthat pic..he is an awsome rider, and awsome guy, met him a couple weeks ago, and talked to him for a while, nice guy, ripping it up as well.
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is some really cool video of this trick on the first scrubs of the south trailor.
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=6176
its 1:30 into the video.

x2xwakegurlx2x, the video hasnt been posted online yet...
and how would you NOT break your board when you land on a slider after a raley....im guessing things are a bit different in cableparkland...

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he goes through boards, i dont know, must be good quality: ooops my bad, when looking for the pic/vids, i found/remember, its suicide slide, not raley, my bad, i got them confused because of the word suicide in both, and the suicide slide is a raley onto a slider...my mistake, sry for the confusion, but ill give ya the links anyways to see, alot more is possible on cable then you guys may think...
one of MANY: http://tssshop.com/showitem.cfm?catnum=4&itemnum=1324&parentcatnum=0

another, and there are more, its more towards the bottom: http://www.texasskiranch.com/general/events/nationals/cable.html
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh ok. i keep trying to picture someone throwing a raley (behind a boat) and trying to land on a slider....IF the person could even land on the slider, they would definetly hurt themselves...

but your video makes sense of things...he isnt actually coming down too hard at all since he isnt falling more than a few feet. it looks like he throws the raley UP to the slider and falls a few feet down to it instead of all the way back down to the water like you would behind a boat.

Nathan Newman
Addict
Addict

City: Baylor

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy

Shocked

whoa

An eye for an eye will make the world blind.
-Gandhi

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees.
-Che Guevera
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, exactly...i think it would be ALOT harder on a boat, but it was my mistake with that whole name thing, my bad. But ya, its cool, even better too watch, he has a lot of guts, he is known for that trick.Like you said about him coming down like that, so it helps, ya, he concentrates on that trick, he does it like that for that reason i think (he can do raleys ALOT bigger then that, let alone 313's etc) so he does them that height, to land correctly, and slide the rest off(on that peticular slider). And ya, he has broken his fair shair of boards on that trick alone, and injured himself, all worth it though...

I have never seen anyone do a suicide raley on the cable, that would be awsome though, i think i heard of it, pretty sure its been done.

Does anyone have a video of the suicide raley from andrew alone, in slow mo by any chance, its a great shot, would like to see it alone in slow motion?
Yea sry, my posts have been long tonight, for some odd reason, excepetion of one thread...Good night to all
forwaken
Addict
Addict

City: Turlock, CA

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is him doing it at boardstock...

scan.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  227.35 KB
 Viewed:  16675 Time(s)

derrick
Addict
Addict

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I seriously think if you bit it hard on one of these it could kill you.

Kids don't try this at home! [quote]

Yeah, too bad on that trick you let go AFTER you pull in from the raley, so if you miss the handle or something like that, you just land on your feet. Nice try though. Hahn is that you
Josh R
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes, it is. Check out wakeskating.com to see Schmaltz rightfuly give him a piece of him mind...

And I agree Kids, don't even think about trying stuff like this at home, but probably for different reasons than Solo means.

RUSSIAN
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh R wrote:

And I agree Kids, don't even think about trying stuff like this at home, but probably for different reasons than Solo means.
hahahaha Laughing

K-dub wrote:
DRAGON88, everyone shall now call you Tinkerbu'....
wkbrdr
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Hudsonville

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suicide means letting go...so the suice raley needs a different name for cable...
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkbrdr, that name was given to that trick years ago, way before people were doing the "suicide raley", and that name was given, because, just think about it, a raley onto a slider...its an analagy (is that the word) for suicide, as a joke of course for the sport, but ya...that name was given a VERY long time ago, and can be proved by many people into the cable industry, since only a few on here obviously believes, me, or anything about cable on here..... then dont if ya want, but its true.
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: anytown, usa

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suicides have been done since 1999 (at least-that's when I first saw one in a mag). To my knowledge, the "suicide slide" is about two years old, making it much younger than the actual suicide trick (the first ones were done with a wake jump and just letting go and re-grabbing the handle). So I totally see where wkbrdr is coming from...the name is misleading.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, I didnt know that suicides were done that far back, and were given that name. But also, its not the name like an ollie (just about everyone knows what an ollie is, and very few other names for), dont alot of people have a different name for that trick, I know I have seen many different ones? Just saying, not trying to start and argument...I just know the "suicide term" is a few years old, probably now that I know, older for what you are talking about, a little younger for the suicide slide, so I dont know, maybe Chad gave it that name without knowledge of this other term definition for suicide in wakeboarding, I dont know, but I am sure Chad Forrest wouldnt have given it that name if he had known it was taken. Your probably right, about 2 years (for suicide slide), just didnt know that suicide tricks (one with leeting go) were done that far back. My mistake.

I guess the suicide slide will stick to cable, as a "cable trick" name...its been known as that in the cable industry all over the world for a long long time, and wont be changed, thats just what the tricks called. O well... I have said my opinions on that, once again, my opinions are sometimes long (have been lately...on here), so sry for the people who didnt read this, and dont like reading long posts. Bye
salmon_tacos
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Austin

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think suicide just means it's dangerous/crazy. Note that letting go in a spin is an osmosis, not a suicide, so it's not like letting go of the handle is always called suicide. Plus, the term "suicide" seems more aptly applied to a raley onto a slider than letting go of the handle after pulling down from a raley.

Derrick, you seem to think that you should let go at a different point on this trick. Is that so? If you were to let go before pulling back down, the trick would go more like: bye-bye handle, hello broken-neck/whiplash/concussion/whatever.

Anyway, how about a suicide suicide slide? Suicide raley onto a slider? Who wants to try it?
Solo
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the video....

http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2003/whipporwill.asp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
derrick
Addict
Addict

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salmon tacos,
I don't know exactly what you just said, but what I meant was that that was how the trick was done. Not dissing on andrew, not saying it's not a hard trick. I was saying that it wasn't how hahn had made it out to be, he was trying to make it like you'd die if you tried it, when really you'd just land back on your feet, or close to it. I hate how people try to hype stuff up so much sometimes.
lebaron
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Langley

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo, nice vid but i thought that the music wasn't quite up to par, i found it a little weak. it could've been a little harder.

Last edited by lebaron on Oct 14, 2003 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Solo
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is finding material that will grant publication rights for no $$. Music in all my vids are supplied by friends. By the way the music in that video was Peter Cornell, Chris Cornells Brother from soundgarden. His new CD will be released in the spring. Supposedly a harder edge sound.
Blame Me
Criminal
Criminal

City: New York

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: