Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

First trick of the season

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joey11bball

City: Seymour CT

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: First trick of the season Reply with quote

Last summer we had a 1985 Larson and obviously it didnt put up a nice wake altho i was able to get some quick grabs and about 3 or 4 feet of air (which was pretty much as good as i was able to do). Well we just bought the new X2 from mastercraft and im ready to try some new tricks next summer. I was just wondering what new trick i should try first and how to do it. Thanx
Mariognarly
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I take it the tricks you have a hold of right now are just grabs? First thing I would do is get your edging and balance down pat. THere is nothing like trying to build a bunch of intermediate tricks on a crappy base. Once you get that down try doing some w2w 180s and progess from there. First invert at least for me was a Tantrum, so id say maybe try that, but really its what feels most comfortable for you.
sandm692478

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: first trick... Reply with quote

hey im kinda in the same boat as you, last season was my first and we had a bayliner capri, it threw a crappy wake and if u popped up hard max out at about 5 feet off the wake. i got all my basic stuff down. we just bought a moomba mobius and i cant wait to try back rolls, and whatever its called a back roll to blind. i learned all my blind stuff real small i cant wait to step it up. good luck. rip it up.
bluefish86
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he already has been wakeboarding for a while, even if it was with a crappy wake, he probably already has a good base. After getting use to the new wake, you should do FS, BS and switch 180s, and then try either a 360, a tantrum or a backroll. Some people can do one easier than the other so it's best to just try and see which one's easier for you.
Mariognarly
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good call bluefish, I concur
Sean_Brinston
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Alliston Ontario

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get everything dialed switch, and toeside you will be glad you did it now in a few years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: