Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Ladies board Must???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Chicago IL

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Ladies board Must??? Reply with quote

I'm looking for a board for my fiance and was wondering what you ladies would recommend. She's 5'5" and is 125lbs give or take a few I'm not sure. She can cross the wake but can't jump yet. I was wondering around what size board she should be? She rides a 132 blindside five-o flower now, And I was looking into getting her a new board. Is this the right size?

The main question I have if a ladies board is desinged any different than a man's? Reason being I work in the snow sports industry and know that snowboards have a very differnt pattern for women than men, like flex and materials used. You can definately buy too much board for someone, can you do that for wakeboards? I was looking at an 03 Hyperlite Belmont Bio-lite 131. I can get a super sweet deal on this thing. Think this is too much board? It's a continous rocker so it won't be too sketchy for her, but is it too much board for her? Would a womens baord be more benificial?

Thanks
Kris
Jody Jared
Criminal
Criminal

City: Round Lake, IL

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been told that the only difference between a "girl board vs. boy board" is the graphics.

Maybe she should demo a couple or are you buying her a present? Don't worry I won't tell Very Happy .

She is more than welcome to try my board out if she wants. It's a girl board. LF Diva 134.

You guys missed a beautiful day at the River today. Didn't stop raining all day.

Jody
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody,

Thanks, She's about do for a new one since I've been through 3 in the time she's had 1. I really want to surprise her, but I have no clue about womens boards. I was going to try and suprise her with just an out of the blue type thing, but demoing sounds the right way to go. so maybe I could just get one for the weekend for a demo and suprise her that way.

This weekend turned into more of a family weekend than anticipated. The rain had a big influence on that. We made lunch plans last night so we couldn't get away. Glad the rain stayed away for you guys. I took next SAT off so we could do a weekend thing at the river as long as the weather is nice. Thanks again for the offer. I will,... well she'll probably take you up on that as long as the water is calm Laughing Thanks again and glad today turned out great. What time did you end up staying til?

Kris
Jody Jared
Criminal
Criminal

City: Round Lake, IL

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris,

So does Alisha not like the board she alread has? I have only had one board compared to Mr. John "Upgrade" Jared who is on his 3rd board/binding setup since last summer Rolling Eyes Im okay with mine.

We will be spending next weekend at the River also. We will probably be there every weekend we can. I was being sarcastic reguarding todays weather, it sucked! John pulled the boat out around 3:00.

Hope to see you this weekend and tell Alisha she can try my board anytime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny stuff Jody,

Her board is like 3 years old. I was thinking maybe some of the new technology and fin configurations would help her out a little bit. It can only improve the ride of the board. Hers is a 2000 modelI'm pretty sure, but it may be a 2001 on a slight chance. I just figured with the 4 or 6 fins, the deeper channles, wider frames, and things of that nature it would help her a bit more. Give her a smoother ride so she'll want to ride more. She just doesn't see the need for a new board. I keep telling her it will help her out a little bit, but she doesn't think it's worth it or she deserves it cause she's only ridden a total of about 7 days this summer . I hope we get to get out with you's a little more cause her seeing you ride will only make her want to ride more. She just get's a little intimidated by all the guys on the boat. She feels bad cause she just cruises. She doesn't believe me when i tell her that it's cool as heck when she rides. All the guys think it's cool. Not to mention that it's her boat too so if they didn't like well... HIT THE ROAD AND DON"T COME BACK. I don't have to worry about that though cause we ride with a lot of great people. I also feel a little guilty cause like i said I've had 3 boards to her 1.
She just doesn't want the new stuff she's happy with what she has, but i know how a new board improved my riding so i think ...hope it will do the same. I just have to get it so se doesn't have a say.

I didn't catch the sarcasm. John left a message saying it wasn't raining so I figured it turned out half way decent, but i'm sure his idea of good weather is a little different than yours as mine is to Alicia's Laughing I know it still had to be chilly, hope you didn't get to wet.

Hopefully the sun will be out this weekend. it's been a very crappy season this year.

Kris
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Coast

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my opinion. I absolutely love my belmont 131. It's an awesome board. I'm not certain it's as good for jumping as it is for tracking though, but it is very forgiving when I land. I don't eat shizzle nearly as much. Really, if you have a place that will let her demo boards, take her there. It's much better for her to decide. Good luck. Lisa Very Happy

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a common misconception about women and wakeboards, is that they need a 'girl' board or a real small one. Most 'girl' boards have continuous rockers and come with big fins. I think this is for stability when they are first learning and carving....but if they stick with it and get comfortable, they'll be looking to go bigger and progress their riding. A more aggressive board will only help the progression.

Kris- Your fiance should definetly demo a few, or ride some other boards. That being said, Melissa is about 5'3" and 115 lbs, and she rides a Trip 138. I also have a Trip 133.5 and a Parks DNA 138 just laying around that I'd be more than willing to let her try.....

Yeah, this weather sucks!

riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Texas

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always suggest a trip or muti fin board, belmont, there are many others....my daughter and I ride trips, they track really well for surface, and have excellent pop for jumps, and you won't grow out of it in a year or two

don't buy a board for graphics......
wAkeAnGeLj9
Criminal
Criminal

City: cHicAgo

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm with NAW on this one... if she wants to progress, get her a board that will allow her to do so. a "girlie" board is fine for your first season or so but if she has it in her to get better, she'll outgrow that one pretty fast. there are plenty of forgiving 'guy' boards as well.

If you're sticking with HL... Belmont is good for tracking and some air... Premier might be a little better for pop with it's subtle 3-stage rocker. Just depends on her preference really... and her level of progression.

Definitely get her in other people's boards just to see what she likes!

njrider

City: NJ

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,
I am a new rider, and have tried some other boards all over 134.
I am small, only 110 lbs, so wanted to invest in a board for my size.
I wound up buying the Hyperlite Essence 131. In my opinion, this board is much better for my size.
It doesnt slide across the water as does the larger boards.
Since I am not into tricks yet, cant really comment on whether or not this board will last long according to skill level.
I can say its a rockin board at this time, and Im looking forward to gettin better Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: