Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

who do i ride with now? any advice...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erika

City: Louisiana

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: who do i ride with now? any advice... Reply with quote

Grrr....i was introduced to wakeboarding this year after a guy i met brought me on the boat and now i'm addicted....well now 6 months later we've broke up and my new board and i are stuck on dry land i think....its really his roommates boat and he says its still okay if i go with them (my ex was the one who called off the relationship saying he just didn't have feelings for me) so can i go or not?? or do you all think it will cause problems... Confused
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: NYC

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go and see what happens. There will only be problems if the two of you let them happen. Are you over this guy? Can you both be mature about the situation or is there unresolved stuff? Is wakeboarding really important to you? I think you can find ways around this. Post on the find a pull forum here and on wakeworld and you should be able to find a ride on another boat.
need2board

City: Phx, AZ AKA HELL

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erika,

If he called off the relationship, I dont see why not..if you detect its a problem, find some other guys to ride with..there are a few girls that ride with me, and we dated (past tense) we still ride together and its still fun..
Liza
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: nashville

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go ride!!!!!!! what's the worst that could happen? you get better than him? hehe. no seriously, go ride, enjoy yourself and progress. that's what it's all about. everything will turn out just fine!

we're not here for a long time, just a good time
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throw up the bird and go ride.....
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that if I was the one that called off the relationship I could care less if the chick came on the boat. Unless I called it off because she was pyscho or some other reason that would make me NOT want her around. He seems not to care, might as well catch a ride and get back in the sport.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jeffro
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto what b-rad says.... give the roomy a shout and tellem you would like to catch a pull (just be prepared for your ex to be around other women, if he's there at the same time you are)....or you could always come down to TX, i know plenty of guys (including my self Smile who would be more than happy to bring more ladies!)
Erika

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all Just needed some reassurance that it wouldn't look lame if i wanted to still ride with them. And nope its not to be near him. maybe i'll call to see if they're riding tonight Very Happy
NOBS

City: New Orleans

PostPosted: Aug 20, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erika- When your back in Louisiana you can come ride with me!!! I live in New Orleans. I wouldn't worry about your ex, but I wouldn't call him for a pull. I would find another boat to go ride with and smile real big when you see him!!!!

Tamara Melton
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Aug 20, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erika, there are tons of people to hook up with, both in Louisiana AND NC. If you need contact info, email me at joe@wakepics.com and I'll respond w/ names and email addresses.
I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Erika

PostPosted: Aug 20, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...im back in louisiana now Very Happy his roomie invited me for this weekend and hopefully it wont fall through...i just wanna ride!!
MattyBoyR6
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mesa

PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erika I was/am in a very similar situation. Although she broke it off with me, and said she would stop going with us. I told her that was cray. How could I get her addicted then not let her come ride. Any way the first time we were out it was weird. Heck it was only a few days later. I am sure the next time wont be any problem.

If he says he doesn't care then by all means go for it, just drive seperate incase it is wierd and you want to leave early.

Erika

PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's awesome that you let her know though,....he didn't exactly invite me back but his roomie did....good enough i suppose Very Happy
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, as long as you can both be adult & leave any issues at the shore, it should be fine.
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Coast

PostPosted: Aug 22, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erika,

Let us know how it goes Very Happy . I bet everything will be fine.

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
wake2wake
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Lexington

PostPosted: Aug 22, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!!!
sounds like the room mate is more interrested then the ex... if you know what i mean, Wink
just go have fun!!! Laughing

pece
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MattyBoyR6
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mesa

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Erika now that you are single and I am single....

So how did it go? And did the roomy make a pass.

sound sway too similar.

Erika

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't been back out with them again, they never called me to and i hate to invite myself.......and still haven't been able to find another ride...grr....
Puppy Eyes
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in Louisiana are you at? Matt Lockwood from the CWB facotry team is going to LSU now and I know that he rides a lot up there. I can get his cell for you if you are near that area.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Erika

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b-rad i'm about 30 mins from baton rouge........but quite new at it...so i still suck Very Happy if they wouldn't mind a newbie and have room though that would be awesome if you would

mattyboy>>>btw...i saw the roomie out tonight...and yep he made a pass....lol it was interesting...
NOBS

City: New Orleans

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erika- Did you know that Tulane has a wakeboard club? It's only $100 for the whole year!!! Even if you do not go to Tulane you can still become a member for the $100!!! They have a '01 Malibu Wakesetter. Here's the number 864.8224 The president's name is Andy. (I hope this is not your ex). Also, If you want pulls we go every weekend and have a '03 Super Air Nautique 210 Team. In two weeks there will be a wakeboard event here in New Orleans. It's NO Pros Just Bros and you can find pulls there. If you didn't know there is a wakeboard shop in New Orleans NOBS- New Orleans board shop. It's on Oak St.-uptown 2 blks. off of S.Carollton (Later- Tamara Melton 862.6273)no_bs@bellsouth.net
Erika

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard about the no pros just bros and think i'll probably show up for that. where can if find out more info about the wakeboard club?? I think i vaguely met John at Camp Pull Me last weekend, the boat was sweet. And i think i'll have to check out the board shop, any girl clothes? I tried but rukus doesnt have much of a selection for us.....
and if you all have room occasionally i'd love a pull email or call
318-201-6758 or tainted_faire@yahoo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: