Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ILLINOIS Rider's
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Kankakee,IL

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: ILLINOIS Rider's Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and am looking for riders south of Chicago. I live in bourbonnais,ILL and I ride alot on the Kankakee river and lake clinton(by champaign).I'm looking for someone to ride with on a regular basis like during the week after work/weekends.I'm a water junkie I'd go out everyday.I have 2000 20' chapparell boat with tower.

P.S. I'M a hydrofoiler Shocked I hope this dos'nt matter.
Later TOTALL
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOTALL, You should go to Boot Camp '03 in Ottawa, IL. There will be a BUNCH of cool wakeboarders ( a few foilers, too! ) to meet up with and swap numbers. Get more details at http://www.midwestmilitia.net
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info NAW.Looks like fun But, that week I will be at Dale hollow lake for vacation/lots of riding. Very Happy
Oly
Criminal
Criminal

City: Chicago

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totall, what's up? Bourbonnais huh, I live in Brookfield (West of Chicago by like 15 minutes). Wouldn't take me too long to drive down. During the week would be tough for me, but any weekends are great unless I've already got plans to ride. I'd be willing to pick up the gas tab and bring a cooler full of beer. All my gear is up in Wisconsin, since I have noone around here to ride with. Post a message if you still need someone to ride with.

How is the Kankakee river? I've heard it's pretty good.
Brian

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Lets ride Reply with quote

Hey guys i live have a lake house i live in right by Peoria and have a lake house 45 min. away that my brother and i are always riding at. My email is bcody@iastate.edu let me know if you guys need a third. I'll bring the drinks and gas money.

Thanks,
Brian Cody
IlliniBoarder
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down to ride in the midwest.

Last edited by IlliniBoarder on Jan 21, 2006 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright this is what I like.lots of people willing to ride.When I get back from dale hollow we will get together.Later Totall

OLY, Check your PM

"Face it,you f--ked up you trusted us!!!"--animal house.

"Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way??"--Rodney dangerfeild-caddyshack.
bruttenberg
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: St Louis Park, MN

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totall,

Where do you put in at on the Kankakee? Is that anywhere near the Illinois River (Morris?) Just wondering b/c I'll be moving to Chicago area next year and need a solid place to ride on a regular basis. In fact, my home purchase will be dependant on its proximity to a good riding spot so any tips you could give up would be greatly appreciated.
turfsk8r

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Got a pull in the west suburbs Reply with quote

Anyone looking to ride message me at chadlichty@yahoo.com. BTW I have a 2001 X-star.

I'm based out of Elgin, IL
IlliniBoarder
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, let me know if you need a third. Looking to do some end of summer riding before getting back to school. thanks
kennethl
Addict
Addict

City: Champaign

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy,

Wife and I also live in Champaign. We spend most weekends on Clinton (f were going early 6 am & for half day and Shelbyville full day, multiple days / camping overnight.

Traded old boat, New Cal Air Pro-V 23' is in bound with eta of 6 weeks 3 days 5min 32 sec... Were always looking for easy going non- free loading (help'n out on the boat, kick in for gass and food) riders.

We dont spend much if any time in the party coves so as long as you keep that in mind and are looking to board and not expecting to park and drink all day we'd be happy to hear from you.

The new boat is heated so we plan to try to extend the seasons as well as get out early in the spring. We dont have dry suits yet but plan to buy this spring so I'm hoping we can find a few folks with the same mentality so we can at least have a 3rd.

Ken
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just bought my dream boat Cal air pro -v.You sound like my kind of people you like to ride alot.I'll be in touch later Totall

P.S. Have you ever riden at lake clinton on the warm side in the winter I wonder would it would be like.

"Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way??"--Rodney dangerfeild-caddyshack.
lowdrag
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for a reason to register on this site and this post did it. Champaign area here also. Try to make it to Clinton or Shelbyville when possible. Just picked up an '03 Mobius about a month and a half ago and have about 13 hours on the clock. My days off rotate, but I get 3 four day weekends in a row starting on the weekend of the 13th. I may have a boat load already that weekend, but if anyone else is going out, let me know and we can hook up on the lake. My wife is a teacher, so when there isn't school in the summer we go during the week on my days off, great for avoiding the weekend traffic. Anyone ever wants to get together, let me know at rbenoit@uiuc.edu
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total,
That's awesome! I have rode the warm side of the lake late in the year and early spring, it is allot warmer I'd guess 15 degrees. I do know they close the side of the lake at the bridge right by the outlet during the coldest parts of the year (Nov to March i think).

Lowdrag This is making my day. Were planning on being out Monday at 6am, putting in at Mascoutin(sp) I'll be with a bunch of inboard Mastercraft guys. Anytime you'd like to head out you can count us in.

You can reach me at kennethl@ncsa.uiuc.edu during the week. I dont check mail on the weekends. I'll shoot you both an e-mail with my cell # and we can hook up.

Ken
lowdrag
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, wish I could have been there Monday. Unfortunately I had to work the weekend and the holiday. On the other hand, Mother U does pay well for working holidays and I've got lots of toys.
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didnt miss anything. It rained like hell all day. Will be out Sat morning 6am.

What color is your Mobi?
Ken
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I should have checked this site before I made plans to go too the Illinois river. Crying or Very sad

kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totall,

I've always been curious about the hydrofoils, Do they make a tower rack for them or will they fit in a regular rack? I read an artical that said they were also great in rough water. Does rough water make it harder to land a jump?

Ken
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air boom makes a rack for hydrofoils it is spaced wider then a wakeboard rack because hydrofoil decks are thicker then wakebaords.Yes they are great in rough water because the only thing in the water are the foils you are riding above the water.Yeah, landing in rough water can be tricky but, if you can time it right you can use the rollers as jumps and get some good air its pretty cool(I'm still working on the timing thing)Later TOTALL

lowdrag
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennethl,

The Mob has a red hull with off white interior and rad-a-cage. Shouldn't be too many like it on Clinton. Hope things go well and we can maybe meet up next weekend (the 13th). Had to work again today so I couldn't make it.
lowdrag
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heading to Clinton this weekend? I'm planning on heading over Sunday.
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowdrag, just saw this. We were out yesterday
(sat) looks like you picked a perfect day for it. I'll make it a habit to check in every Friday before we do anything.

Ken
wakepics
Addict
Addict

City: Bourbonnais...

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kennethl its a beautiful day and you didn't go out today too??? Are you riding next weekend??? If so can I get a pull I'll bring gas money.

E

www.doyoucarve.com
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm planning on going to lake clinton next weekend sat or sunday(weather depending).Who is in???(wakepics???) I'll bring my boat.I didn't get to ride at all this weekend and i'm pissed :evil:This will be my first time to clinton this year(bummer huh!!).If its alittle chilly we will ride on the warm side. I will check this post midweek or email me.Later TOTALL.
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totall, I'm in just let me know when and how to get there. I'll bring gas$ and some beverages. As for the weather as long as it's not raining... Surprised

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been riding with friends while were waiting for the new boat to arrive. They weren't going out Sunday =(. The waiting for the new boat is driving both of us crazy.

Totall, If your bringing your boat and would like more company the wife and I would love to join you. we'll bring gas $$, & food of course. I just bought a new Byerly DNA that really needs to get baptised.

Let me know where you'd like to put in at I'll E-mail both of you my cell #

Ken
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Lake Clinton Reply with quote

Well I'm so happy and looking forward to riding...haven't been on the board in 3 weeks! Lets hope there is no Rain...I will be doing a lot of praying and fingers crossed! What do I need to bring other than my wonderful self, board, vest, gas$ and...food, beverages? Just let me know totall...Thanks Very Happy
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennethl you and your wife are welcome,right now its me,wakepics and you and your wife.Sounds like a good team.Bring your boards,ropes,vests the normal stuff.I'll shoot you a email.
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: riding Reply with quote

Question...besides my board does anyone want to ride a 140 tube lite? I don't have bindings on it but I can still bring it if you want, just let me know. Laters Wink
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh just if your intrested...I have pictures of some peeps wakeboarding on my gallery if you want to check it out. I'm the one on the tube lite and chcking it out.

E

www.doyoucarve.com
lowdrag
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely in for Sunday. Once again I get to work Saturday. This may be my last chance for the Summer since I won't have any weekends off for another month.

This last Sunday turned out to be a total bust. Everyone who was going with me backed out, again. Wife was out of town and didn't get home until 11 in the morning and then told me her parents were on their way over. They showed up 2 hours later and the day was shot.

Just got a new board mysel, Substance 141. It's do or die time now. If I don't get out Sunday, I'll probably have to wait until next year to try it out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed at this point. Hope to see all of you there.
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Saturday... Reply with quote

Okay looking forward to riding...Let's all pray now... NO RAIN! See you at the lake.

Do I bring the tube lite?
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fingers are crossed for no rain. No, I don't think we will need the tube lite. Kennethl you still in???
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, wife and I are in.
Ken
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you in the morning Very Happy Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Find a Pull All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Add To Favorites

Jump to: