Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

All round light on top of tower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: All round light on top of tower Reply with quote

So I visited our local boat show this weekend. I noticed the skiers choice boats had the all round light on top of thier towers. I asked my dealer at the show why? He told me that (By Law) it has to be mounted on the highest point of the boat now. But then I visited the other manufacturers exhibits, and none of them are doing this. Anyone know why Skiers Choice is the only one? Are the other manufacturers going to follow suit?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skireel

City: Houston Texas

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the state you live in, the anchor/running transom light must be either on the highest point of the boat OR a minimum of 3 feet higher than the bow light. Here in Texas it's 3 feet higher than the bow light but tower mounted lights are OK. We started putting transom lights on our Skireel prorotypes last year and found many people like having it up there. We will offer it as on option on the Skireel WakePro this spring.
www.skireel.com
JD
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Bellingham

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff,
You may want to check Mastercraft before giving Skiers Choice to much praise. Mastercraft has been putting the light on top of the tower for a few years.

John Jared
Addict
Addict

City: Round Lake, IL

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD, your avatar is sweet. What did you use to make the animation? I'd like to make one that Flashed the X and then the Star.

Geoff, many of the boats have that now.

http://www.wakepics.com/member/jjared
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=20
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JD
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Bellingham

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
Turk Kildare made it for me! I am not sure what he used but if you drop him an Email he can probably hook you up.

Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not giving praise to that light up there. I kinda thought it looked ugly. But I can see why people might want it up there (Esspecially if it is the law). Mastercraft wasn't represented at our boat show so I never got to look at their boats for the light...could very well be though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skireel

City: Houston Texas

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff,
I lived in Calgary for two years and used to ride with the guys from Hyperactive. Where do you take you Moomba ?

www.skireel.com
Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride & live out at Chestermere (Where the hyperactive people go). Last summer we spent alot of time out in BC. On Shushwap and Mara Lake. This summer coming up though, we will probably be out on Chestermere during the week and go to Mara over the weekends.

I am getting to be good buddies with the guys from Hyperactive. I don't know if you know Ty, Bret and Leanna? (I think that is her name). I hope sometime this summer they will come for a ride with us.

How did you find yourself in Calgary? Did you start up Skireel? If your ever up here again...Shoot me an email!
BW
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the calgary boat show wasnt for a couple of weeks?
Cyclonecj
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that the light thing on the tower is a way to skirt around paying Correct Craft the royalty for the tower patent. Don't know if that's true, but if they call it a "light bar" it's not a tower anymore. Or so the lawyers say.
Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boat exposition was this past weekend (In the telus convention center), then there is the boat and sportsman show (Round up center) the weekend of Feb. 15th and 16th.
BW
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one is uaually better?
Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess that depends on what you are looking for. I guess the exposition is strickly boats....and the boat and sportsmen show is boats and things to do with boats. The sportsmen show is normally like 5 times as big....So I would say that is better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: