Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

DUBBYA DOING A GOOD JOB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedro
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bangkok, Thailand

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUSH ??? - I like anything that adds foliage to the punani area.

Pedro

P.S. Your president is a psycho.

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our president is a psycho, huh? You must have been kicked in the head while kickboxing in gym class.

You just better hope that Thailand doesn't end up as part of the "Axis of Evil." And just pray that they never find oil in the ground in Thailand. In fact, we have some unfinished business in South East Asia, I bet the Prez wouldn't mind taking a slight detour to the right after we wipe Iraq off the map and turning your Rice Paddies into a huge parking lot.

Dude, what I wrote above was completely in jest, and none of the sentiments expressed are how I actually feel. I'm just poking fun at you. I kind of think Bush is not all there either. He is very concerned with preventing a nucULER war, though. And fighting terISM. (three sylables, not four).

pedro
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeek - Thailand - axis of evil - I hadn't thought of that !!

At least I still have a UK passport - I can always go back home if he puts Thailand on the list.

I presume that England won't be added to the list in the immediate future, or at least not until Tony Blairs head has been surgically removed from George Dubya's rectum.

Anyway - the best thing about Bush is his name. I don't know about the US, but where I come from Bush has a completely different meaning.

So I am not at all, anti-bush but I may be a little anti-Bush.

By the way - I just love the smilie on this post - is it supposed to be Marty Feldman??? Shocked (http://www.cmgww.com/stars/feldman/photo2.html)

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Axis of Evil" sounds like something the Justice League or the Avengers should be fighting in a comic book.

"Superman, who would have done such a thing?"

"It could have only been........The Axis of Evil, Wonderwoman!"

King of the Tigers
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Mesa, Az

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bush is doing a great job but I'd vote for Blair for the politician of the the century! That guy's a genius! I think it's funny that Germany and Russia, the evil agressors for the past forever, and France, the surrenduring wuss of the past forever all are so totally against war in Iraq. Germany and Russia have some of the worst human rights records in the last decade and France had its concentration camp too. For me it's not only about our protection but about ending disgusting oppression in Iraq. Go get 'em George!
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Germany and Russia have some of the worst human rights records in the last decade

The last decade? Do you mean "century?"

King of the Tigers
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Mesa, Az

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.
Grouch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: The OC

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubya killed Frodo and is the new ring bearer.
pedro
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K Gloves off.

Today I travelled to LA and at my wife's advice I did not wear my Che Guevara T-shirt because she was scared someone might take offence (e.g. immigration)

What the Germans did was 60 years ago, which is a hell of a lot longer ago that what the US did to all of those poor Vietnamese. Let us not forget of course that secret little war against Laos during the Vietnam conflict where thousands of bombs were dropped by the US on that country. All because the Vietnamese wanted their country back from the French ?

By the way - where were the US when Pol Pot killed half the population of Cambodia ? Nowhere of course. Probably because it hadn't been colonised by the French.

People are still dying today in those countries because of the land-mines that the US planted. The US will not ratify the anti-land mine treaty, they'll still go on planting them where they see fit so that 10 years later some poor (non-American) kid can get his or her legs blown off.

What about Cuba - American multinationals were forcing Cubans to work in unsafe conditions for poor money until they got kicked out over 30 years ago & the US STILL bears a grudge. Let it go.

What about being the worlds largest polluter and not ratifying the Kyoto treaty because it might affect Dubya's beloved Americans (i.e. voters).

Watch CNN today - hours on end about a few astronauts getting blown up - so what ? This is nothing compared to the carnage that the innocent people in Iraq will suffer at the hands of the USA. What about those poor people at that wedding in Afghanistan that got blown to pieces.

What about US soldiers raping young girls in Japan & running them over in South Korea. Was justice done ? No - the US said it was a military matter & these people walked free.

Let's face it, the country in the world with the most weapons of mass destruction is the US.

As for human rights - the US is no better than anywher else - you've got a guy doing a life sentence for stealing a piece of pizza - but I guess that's OK. It wasn't that long ago that you were burning crosses and persecuting black people. In Tennesee, I see a hell of a lot of Black people working in McDonalds but very few working in offices - strange that.

Try to see things from the other side. I have lived in 7 different countries, including the US. I enjoyed my time there but if only more of you got out of the country and saw a bit of the world, you might change your attitudes.
All empires fall. The Greeks, the Romans. It is simply a matter of time before the same thing happens to the USA

I am not for Saddam Hussein but for heavens sake US, stop killing people in the name of peace.

Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew that we were an empire.

I do agree with a lot of the stuff you said. I hate this "Axis of Evil" crap. Why are we so good? We definately have done plenty of bad things in the past.

I don't really support a war against Iraq, unless proof is shown to the world that Saddam is currently working on or in possession of nuclear weapons.

A good book to read is "The Ugly American."
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for human rights - the US is no better than anywher else

Ok, a lot of what you have to say, taken as individual points, are pretty valid. But the above quoted statement is just stupid. Do you honestly think that the US has the worst human rights record in the world? When you have a list of arguments that may have some merit, don't ruin your credibility by making an emotional generalization which exaggerates and cites no evidence.

Quote:
All because the Vietnamese wanted their country back from the French ?

We fought in Vietnam because we were afraid that communism would spread throught all of Indo-china, and then work its way into our hemisphere and attack us. It's called the Domino theory, and it turned out to be incorrect. We didn't care about France, and we still don't. However, the next time France surrenders to an invading force, we will come bail them out again.

Quote:
where were the US when Pol Pot killed half the population of Cambodia ?

We had no interest in Cambodia. Usually, we get involved to protect our own interests, and if we can save some innocent people, that's just a bonus. I think we should stop pretending that we make policy because we care about other people. We don't get involved if we don't have to.

Quote:
Let's face it, the country in the world with the most weapons of mass destruction is the US.

True, and we have shown remarkable restraint and responsibility. We do not intentionally attack civilians, we protect the rights of civil dissidents, we allow all religions the right of free practice, we allow free speech, and our culture fosters a strong work ethic and respects the rights of both men and women. The US has a culture and system of government that has allowed us to possess nuclear weapons without destroying whole countries or cultures.
We won WWII, and beat the USSR in the cold war. We have fostered a culture of hard work and intense competition, and took advantage of centuries of tribal infighting in the middle east to secure inexpensive oil for ourselves. That is why we are the most powerful nation on Earth.

People hate us out of jealousy, and because our culture of freedom and equality is an offense to their religious and cultural ideals. You can't stop progress, and the American culture, despite what a number of fanatics will try to dictate, is rapidly assimilated by every culture we come into contact with. After we bomb Iraq back into the stone age, we will spend huge ammounts of money rebuilding it, the same way we rebuilt Japan and Germany.

As an American, I think we are sometimes wasteful and use resources inefficiently (wakeboarding and SUV's, for example). But we are also something that our opposition is not: Merciful. A huge reason that we have not rolled over Iraq yet is because we are trying to figure out how to do it with as little harm to civilians as possible. And that's something our enemy can not say.

Leggester
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, sorry, I don't respondn to folks who hide behind alias's.

But, a very nice one sided view from you.
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that insightful reply.
Leggester

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all of yours are insightful?

I was referring to Pedro, BTW.
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they are a little more in depth than:

Quote:
Nope, sorry, I don't respondn to folks who hide behind alias's.

But, a very nice one sided view from you.

I guess I just don't get what you are talking about.

Leggester

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, "Pedro" has proved himself an ass on other posts as well. So, I told it like I felt.

He apparently loves to bash the US. Fine, his privilege. He's making money off us.

Viet Nam - different place different time - nothing to do with Bush. At that time, we agressively fought against communism. Same for Cuba. Gee, it seems that Puerto Rico, an even poorer island than Cuba and one of our territories is doing pretty well now. The worst thing we ever did was quit bombing N. Viet Nam. Oh well, that's history.

As for the reset of his bull, I just don't feel like responding to someone who hides behind alias's. His total post was off track. didn't seem to mention much about Bush. The ONLY reason the investigators were allowed back in was Bush's hard line and the back up of the military.

As to Laos, Thailand... ... The communist threat was not there. It was from N. Viet Nam.

Possibly we should hang our heads in shame for Hiroshima? Nagasaki? No, I do not think so. That saved thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of US lives.

And yes, American Imperialism is what got us here today.

Does he still have a problem with the Barbary Pirates? Seems to me T.R. took care of that. We walked in and changed the government. What of the Laotian pirates. LBJ was pretty actively patrolliong against them. Any one heard of them? No? Oh, well.

It's pretty easy to bash, especially giving only one very lop sided version of what was happening at the time. It's a cretin's trick.
Leggester

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, is that better?

I dont believe he mentioned the Peace Corp, the help and aid we gave Mexico... ...

Humanitarianism? No mention - what other countries give so much food and aid to Africa - where they slaughter Americans?

C'mon, two soldiers in Japan out of how many?? Seems we have a rapist epidemic in the US military!!

Missionaries? no mention

Our people killed for what they believe in? again, no mention.

And yes, I've lived in other countries. Also travelled alot in Central America and the Caribbe.
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, OK. You two are on two sides of an extreme, it seems.

I think that we aren't completely innocent. But I also think that, as the most significant military and economic force on the planet, we are much, much more merciful and benevolent than our enemies would be to us, if given the chance. And this thing with Iraq is about making sure that nobody ever has the chance to become a real threat to us.

We do know that the Iraqi government, Saddam in particular, is very totatitarian and ruthless, and that they kill their own people (Kurds, any opposition to Saddam). We don't really care about this, but we do care when it looks like a government like that is making threats to us, supplying terrorists, and hatching plans to build and detonate nuclear weapons on our soil. If Saddam just went about is business of oppressing his own people and living in luxury at his own countries expense, we wouldn't care. But he had to mess with Kuwait, and threaten our oil supply, then fund terrorists against us because we removed him from Kuwait. Now he is going to end up removed from power and probably dead.

Leggester

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two sides of an extreme? No, I don't think so. I do look at both sides. I do not bash and pull the Liberal/Democrat tricks of only presenting one side to make my arguments 'look' good.

No one is completely innocent. In anything. You have to do the best you can though.

I went through the seventies, eighties and nineties. There's this thing called the "Tyranny of the few dictating the actions of the majority". It's actually what happened w/Viet Nam. Also, the Ralph Nader types. If the majority does not speak up, the minority will dictate the thoughts and actions of the rest of the people.

I am a citizen of the United States first. The world runs a poor second. France? Hmmmm, they are against us taking action against Iraq without the U.N. approval. Where is the U.N. approval with France's actions in the Ivory Coast?

What Ivory Coast you say? Lot's of stuff going down.

Food for thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: