Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

BAD LAKE!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grlywake
Criminal
Criminal

City: Central/So. Cal.

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: BAD LAKE!!! Reply with quote

I GOT BAD BELLY PAIN'S, (AND OTHER THINGS) I THINK I GOT IT FROM THE WATER AT THE LAKE. HAS ANY ONE EVER GOTTEN SICK FROM LAKE WATER. Embarassed
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible, more likely just a virus or bad food. My nephew got ghiardia (pronounced jardia, SP?) a couple of years ago. He had vomitting & diarhea from it, I guess in adults it's a little milder. It's a bacteria that's found in lakes & rivers, & when you get it in your system it causes a bacterial infection. The only way to get rid of it is to go on antibiotics. If you're not better in a couple of days, go to the doctor.
grlywake
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS AND YUCK TOO! THE WATER WAS GROSS BUT I HAD TO BOARD. HOPEFULLY I GET OVER IT SOON. ILL HAVE TO ASK MY BUDDY'S HOW THEY FEEL ALSO.
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that if the water is that gross, I hope it was worth it. Wink I should have said this before, hope you feel better soon - if you're not, be sure to get checked out.
Grace B.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: OR/WA

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks, I hope you feel better soon. But if you start to feel worse you might want to go to a doctor because that ghiardia (sp?) can be serious if you don't get it checked out. But it also could be food poisoning, I got that a couple of years ago and I was throwing up and my stomach hurt really bad.
Dragonlady8

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD LAKE!!! Reply with quote

grlywake wrote:
I GOT BAD BELLY PAIN'S, (AND OTHER THINGS) I THINK I GOT IT FROM THE WATER AT THE LAKE. HAS ANY ONE EVER GOTTEN SICK FROM LAKE WATER. Embarassed

Hmmmmmm......E. Coli, Hepatitis, parasites.....
grlywake wrote:
THANKS AND YUCK TOO! THE WATER WAS GROSS BUT I HAD TO BOARD. HOPEFULLY I GET OVER IT SOON. ILL HAVE TO ASK MY BUDDY'S HOW THEY FEEL ALSO.

You need to re-think your priorities as a para-medical person, if this truly is from the lake water.
DNichole
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Luis Obispo, CA

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 summers ago I had a cold pretty much throughout the whole summer... All the guys joked about it being the "Delta virus"... Delta water is pretty nasty so its possible... check around w/ the other riders and see if they feel funny also.. but I'd check out other options also, just in case... like Grace B. said, could be food poisoning... Hope ya feel better soon!!!

*insert stupid comment here*
RunningWithScissors
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bolton Landing, New York

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope you feel better! i'd go to the doctor definitly cause you could find out what it actually is. maybe talk to someone like someone who cleans the water that you're riding at maybe he could test the water to see is anything's wrong with it
www.ebay.com *Also a Place for Good Deals*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
grlywake
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for all you care! I felt much better the next day! Very Happy Yes I'm a paramedic so I know my (priorities), I just was posting a topic to see if any one ever had this same problem?
P.S. They do test the lake and it shuts down alot, espically after holidays.

wakeBLONDIE136

City: Cali

PostPosted: Aug 12, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hummm.......
I could only wonder what lake it is down there in so.cal Smile
I know lake paris is pretty bad down there also......glad your better Very Happy

I've gotten sick at the lake before but It wasn't the water, a couple of my friends thought it would be pretty fun to get pulled behind the boat w/ nothing but life jackets and a couple of ski ropes so we jumped in the water and were gettin pulled @ like 5mph for about 45 min and then we got out the water and were very lite headed and dizzy the other 2 guys we were very sick! turned out it was the exsused(spelling)......ya we don't do that any more but @ the time its was really fun Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: