Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

in need of wight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlerg

City: MI in the middle of it

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: in need of wight Reply with quote

i have a gekko, the GTS 20. but it needs weight bad. right now i am running the side sacks in it. i think that is about 500 lbs when filled all the way. i am afraid to run a lot of weight in it. anyone else have something simialer to this with a lot of weight? i need ideas...thanxs
ohsix
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ohsix on Jul 20, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
ricktrav
Criminal
Criminal

City: san diego

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK MOST PEOPLE HERE OVER WEIGHT THERE BOATS I DO ABOUT TWICE THE LIMIT JUST BE CARFUL WHEN STOPPING
WRRide
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: West Chester/Philadelphia PA and Ont. CA

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard once that they come up with those weight ratings by filling a test boat hull with water and adding weight until it sinks!!!! I don't know if it is true or not but I think they are bs!!!!
garveyj
Addict
Addict

City: Savage, MN

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a Gekko GTR - We filled up a 750 lb sack in the back of the boat and then put about 200 lbs of sand next to the engine, but I think we will move that up to the front of the boat to get a more peaky wake. the wake is currently really rounded, so I want to make it have more peak to it so that I have a better jump. Hope this helps.
Sbt3
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Okauchee

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the gekko looks like but I have a old mastercraft that is pretty low profile. I add around 1800-2000 of water, sand, and lead. The water line is around 6 inches from the top of the gunnel in back. If waves come from another boat when I am sitting still they will crash over the back. I haven't had any problems yet. Just drive carefully. Make sure to slow down slowly and feather out the throttle. No power turns. You will be fine.
Grouch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: The OC

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a fat girlfriend and she probably has fat friends(they travel in herds you know)

That should be more than enough weight. Make sure they dont wakeboard so you get plenty of riding time in. Just bring enough food in the cooler. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: