Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What would u ride?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Big Mountain riding, or park?
park
50%
 50%  [ 19 ]
Big mountain riding
50%
 50%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 38

numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: May 21, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: What would u ride? Reply with quote

I would ride park. Razz

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dave W
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Rochester

PostPosted: May 24, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe there'd be any comparison. The park can be fun and all, but it wouldn't even require any thought if someone were to give me the choice between some big mountain heli-boarding and some time in the breckenridge terrain park. I'm all about the powder.
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: May 24, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see how u can say that, but, where I live, the local places have like a rail and 2 table tops for their park. Mostly all we have is powder, and that's tight, but I don't get to ride park much.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Elevation
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Clarendon Hills

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love park. rails are awsome i could jib all day. but theres nothing better than a fresh day of powder. Park all the way, unless its a powder day.
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Park City, UT

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been riding for 16 years now and have gone through lots of phases....Old skool, hard boots/apline board, park, big mtn. and now I'm into hiking and hucking in the backcountry. I still mix it up quite a bit though between freeriding and hiking w/an occassional park runs.

I used to ride park daily from 97 to 01, but my body doesn't agree with it anymore. I can do maybe 2 or 3 laps in the park before my knees and back start hurting. I hate rails, yes I can ride them. Maybe I'm getting old.
Want2ride
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Layton, Utah

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for park but I would definatly chose powder over park, just got build a huge jump in the backcountry and there is nothing better Very Happy
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like to stand at the top of something, look down and almost shizzle in my pants. i ride backcountry when i am not training for the upcoming race with my team. jay dutton pretty much said it, i did the park thing a few years back, i can still throw down in the park but have found backcountry much better. you can still huck it but without all of the morons. dont get me wrong there are some cool people that hang out there but for the most part, at least around here anyway, it is filled with dumbasses.
wakeboarder_124

City: Angola, Indiana

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like riding big mountains cus we dont have many around here so its nice to ride them when i get the chance plus i dont know theres just something about carving down fresh powder gaining more and more speed. In the park it always seems like the same thing over and over and in the backcountry you can build a jump so u get the best of both worlds Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wake Me Up
Criminal
Criminal

City: Chicago

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devil Guy mountain riding for sure. I wakeboard to go out and through the tricks. When i snowboard its more of a ride just for fun. i'll nail some jumps but i would rather just take a ride
Grouch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: The OC

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HALFPIPE Twisted Evil

J.L.A. is Snowboarding
lil shredder

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant even decide!!! its fun to just switch it up between big mountian riding and the park...it keeps things interesting.
blurredmem
Criminal
Criminal

City: nor*cal

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i prefer not to ruin my deck.....

ill stick to the powder
Buergday

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both - I love riding the powder and trees, but it's always subject to the conditions and amount of snowfall. The parks are great fun under any conditions, but can get frustrating when it's crowded. I prefer to ride wherever it's least congested - usually spreading myself out over the entire mountain throught the day. I'll usually start the day in the trees and powder, and then move to the park when it's all tracked out or the snow's getting slushy. But sometimes it's hard to resist hitting up the park first thing when there's been a few inches of fresh overnight. You can launch yourself off the tabletops without having to worry about a kneewrenching landing or an ice patch. Fun, fun, fun!
bouncer

City: BC, Canada

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back country riding for me. I like the halfpipe a lot but it doesn't give me that sweet sweet feeling that powder riding does.

I live up in BC, Canada and we have some of the best mountains in the world. Mid season we get powder dumps for a week straight sometimes. (not whistler as much)
needmoney4weed
Criminal
Criminal

City: NY

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really tuff call guys, im from the east coast so it Park most definatly (MTN creek, just head to toe in rails and t-tops), but if i lived somwhere else ited have to be backcounrty. Also during the summer i usually go to chili o argentina to board, and they dont no what a park is, just goes to show ya us park junkies are definatly gunna be out numbered
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inggy
Addict
Addict

City: Vancouver, Washington

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOthing beats the park.........there are sometime when I jus gotta have the nice powder underneath my board, but usually, its all about the rails and the park
THEN we get the chicks!
-Coop Cooper

www.numbskullpro.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CAPiTARyDa
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: PORTLAND

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JIBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB not job
Justin

City: Essex, England

PostPosted: Aug 12, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountain ridinng all the way kiddies, if you can use your board you'll be able to have more fun finding natural rails, kickers and stuff off-piste than you can ever have riding up and down a manufactured park.

But thats only true if, of course you're only interested in jibbing and stuff, seems like you're missing the biggest fun bit of snowboarding, but whatever floats your boat i suppose.

boarderman88
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: South Lyon

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

park all the way
1759rider
Addict
Addict

City: CA - Bay Area

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go with big mountain riding. Nothing beats it.!
dizzyj
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my favorite days snowboarding was a couple years back at jackson hole. My buddy and I were making our way down some insanly steep, tree'ed terrain where the poweder was at least weight high. We stopped for a second to catch our breath in a little clearing and saw something shiny ahead.

upon further inspeciton, it seemed to be the very tip of a metal pole. when we brushed away the snow, we saw that there was a sign attached to the pole. The sign said "cliffs ahead". Oh ya, we knew we had gone the right way Smile
Justin

City: Essex, England

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

park can be fun if you've not got much snow, but, can you really beat the feeling of carving down to and playing in a big, deep, powder bowl????
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most the parks I see are a select few snowboarders and skiers dogging tabletops and rails, a bunch of teenagers sitting on their ass watching and getting in the way, and people cruising through at idle speeds pushing powder out of the way. I personally spend too much $$ on snowboarding trips to take a vacation ending fall so I steer clear of the mean stuff.

Big Mountain/Backcountry/Terrain riding is the BEEEST FEELING IN THE WORLD, choose your own path, take your own drops, kick powder into your friends face, cruise at slow speeds them boom cut off into the trees and have an adventure run, that stuff is what snowboarding is about. Unless you have superior air control and skill, I would love to dog a terrain park one day and walk away in one piece!!
cwbwakeboarder
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Sarnia ,Ontario

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

park and big mountain i ride both i like them both
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: