Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

girls in the tristate area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakeboarder_124

City: Angola, Indiana

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: girls in the tristate area Reply with quote

I am looking for any girls who live in the tristate area (NE Ind,SW MI, NW Oh) and want together and ride i really want to meet some girls who live around here and ride. Just let me know. I really hope to hear from a lot of chicks but i dont think i will Sad but i'll keep my hopes up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kerriokie
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain. Living in the Cincinnati area (Northern KY, SW Oh, SE IN). I think I'm one of the few female riders around here. I'm also looking for some good water. Ohio river (when there isn't an ecoli alert) is flooded, dangerous or your spending your time trying to avoid logs and trees.

I suggest you take your quest to the general wake board forum. You might get more of a response there.

Wink
RunningWithScissors
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bolton Landing, New York

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in upstate new york, wakeboarder_124, I dont know if that helps... but its kinda far, just thought id try
www.ebay.com *Also a Place for Good Deals*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kerriokie
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain. Living in the Cincinnati area (Northern KY, SW Oh, SE IN). I think I'm one of the few female riders around here. I'm also looking for some good water. Ohio river (when there isn't an ecoli alert) is flooded, dangerous or your spending your time trying to avoid logs and trees.

I suggest you take your quest to the general wake board forum. You might get more of a response there.

Wink
indywakechica
Addict
Addict

City: Indianapolis

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerrioke...ever been to Brookville in Indiana? It's east and pretty close to Cincy I think. I haven't been since early this summer and it was crazy busy by like 10am. It's like any of the lakes in Indiana...if you're not up at the crack of dawn you're wasting your time. It's a good lake if you get up early enough though. I live little bit east of Indianapolis. I've also been up to Salmonie which is I think up more towards wakerboarder_124's way.
WakeBabe07
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Cleveland-&-Sandusky

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerriokie, you're in Cincy?! im in cleveland whoo hoo lol
kerriokie
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wakebabe07... it's good to hear of other Buckeye's and Hoosiers (indywakechica) on this forum. I was feeling kinda lonely for awhile.

With regards to good water. I've been to Brookville Lake in IN once. Fourth of July a few years ago. It rained most of the morning which scared everyone away. We stayed and had great water. I've heard horror stories of how bad Brookville gets. We typically go to Ceasers Creek in Wilmington OH. It's about 30 min north of Cincy on I71 and it SUCKS OUT THE WAAZOO. Every time I go, I swear it's my last time. We try to put in at @ 7 am then we're ready to bag it by noon. The waters not really smooth even at 7 am because of all the fishermen. After @ 11 am the only thing you can do is hang out in the no wake zone and drink beer because it's WAY TOO crowded. Cigarette boats and big cruiser all trying to zip up and down the water. Creates a huge mess and is dangerous. Now don't get me wrong.... I love to hang out and drink beer... I mean REALLY LOVE to drink beer. It just really cuts short the boarding time. Mad When we really want to get serious we take a long weekend and go to Lake Cumberland KY or Lake Norris TN both @ 3 1/2 hours from Cincy OH. Totally unspoiled water all day long!!! Laughing
Malibu_Jen

City: Lynchburg, Oh

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerriokie,
Where specifically do you live in Ohio? I live in Lynchburg (about 35 miles east of Cincy) I work in downtown though. I agree 100% with you on Ceaser's Creek. It really does stink. We stopped going there all together because you just can't get smooth water any time of day. My husband and I go to Cumberland quite a bit but when we stay local, we go to Rocky Fork or Paint Creek. Have you heard of/been to either? They are closer to where we live (around Hillsboro Oh) and are fairly small but you can get smooth water early morning or evening. We normally hit Rocky on weeknights and Paint on weekends.
I just started boarding over the July 4th weekend and I am an addict now!
Anyway, good to see another Cincy girl on here Razz

kerriokie
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live in Mason OH. Kings Island area. I've been to Rocky Fork once, prewake boarding days. Never been to Paint Creek. Do you have any info on it ? Web site or anything? I am familiar with Hillsboro OH. Have some friends who's 'rents live there. How long of a commute do you have to down town? My fiance and I both work in Northern KY. @ hour commute home every day. Shocked Most of our riding occurs on the weekends. Rolling Eyes Definitely glad to see other cincy chicks out riding! Mr. Green
Malibu_Jen

City: Lynchburg, Oh

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this web site that has a bit of info on Paint Creek:
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/paintcrk.htm
Like I said, it is pretty small but it is not quite as busy as many of the others. Even on Saturday afternoons we manage to get some boarding/skiing in. It isn't the best but definitely not too choppy to have a little fun.
That's cool that you have heard of Hillsboro. With working downtown, many people haven't. I have about an hour commute as well but I am fortunate enough to work from home 2 days a week so I only have to fight the traffic 3 days a week Smile
Have you been boarding long? I am still new and could definitely use some tips. If you'd be interested in checking the lake out sometime, let me know. Maybe we could meet up or something. Mr. Green

kerriokie
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on Paint Creek. I've only been riding a year. I really don't know any tricks. Learning w2w. I've got the fundamentals down....my finace says I just need to get stoked! I had a pretty bad injury (non wakeboard related) to my hand and had to sit out last half of May and all of June. The year for me just got started in July. I borrowed some instructional videos from a friend. I'm hoping they will help me catch up! We are definitely interested in checking out Paint creek. We've commited ourselves again (glutten for punishment) to Ceasers creek. Have friends from Columbus meeting us there. Hopefully this will be the last time I put myself though that torture again Rolling Eyes When we make it there, I'll definitely let you know in advance. Would be cool to meet with other boarders in the cincy area!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: