Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wakeboard bindings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zee
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Wakeboard bindings Reply with quote

I am in the market for new bindings and like most girls, have narrow feet. I noticed that most shops in the Bay Area do not carry small bindings (or xs HL bindings) and this makes it really hard for me to decide what I want to order. Any girls with recommendations for me, or opinions on bindings you have tried/owned?

I did get the chance to ride the Nice Truths last weekend for a few pulls and really liked them, very cushy footbeds and so far the ony binding that fits my heel properly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: NYC

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride with LF Super Sucs, but I don't have particularly narrow feet.

Give Cara at Glass & Powder a call (877-We-Go-Big) or send her an email (cara@glassandpowder.com). I realize you're in CA and they're in VA, but she is really knowledgable about product, she rides, and she has a couple of ladies who work for her who also ride. One of them is bound to have a similar problem and should be able to help.
Grouch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: The OC

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride the Liquid Force Ultra Sucs. I have the gray ones and they match my board perfectly. I look so cute when I am out there.

However I dont really ride, but at least I look cute for all of the hot wakeboarding guys who want to check me out. Wink

J.L.A. is Snowboarding
silver girl
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: England

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ride cwb torq, but i dont have that thin feet
DaveBrowning
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: The 'boro

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wear bindings... they hurt my feet when I'm getting out of them and it strips off my toenail polish. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
JHrod
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm not a chick but my feet are pretty narrow and i love my HL 3060's Rolling Eyes
Grace B.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: OR/WA

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have that narrow of feet, but I have the 02 Parks bindings. If you could find them in a small enough size, they have a lace-up on the back that tightens up so your feet don't move around and then the strap keeps your heels down really well. I used to have the 3060s, but I didn't like them that much they didn't keep my heel down very well.
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear the 02 Parks bindings as well and love them. I tried the 03 Parks and don't like them as much as the ones I have. I like my feet being snug in my bindings. Having the lace up in the back AND the velco strap over the front makes me feel that much more secure.

I tried the new Luke Wulff bindings that Double Up has. They are way comfortable but I didn't feel secure in them. The toe part was opened too wide and my feet felt like they were slipping through whenever I would jump or slide around.
pmpstress2

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Hyperlite Belmont bindings. I use to have a medium size until i hurt my ankle really bad 3 times. I ordered the same ones, but in a Mini-medium size. These feel much better on my ankle now. They are still a little bit wide on my foot.

I have been told that the Collective Development bindings are very supportive like a snowboard boot. You can lace them up to make them tighter where you need it tighter around your ankle. I have not tried them out yet, but many riders like Josh Smith and Darin Rayzor swear by them. I also have a few friends who like the parks, but once again they are not that narrow of a binding.

Michelle

wakedork
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntsville, Alabama

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After riding Ultra Sucs for three years my wife just got a pair of '03 parks and after riding them Sunday is in love with them, she rode the Belmonts but Hyperlite was backordered on Belmonts so we got her small parks ( she wore a medium Ultra and they killed her feet. Another girl we ride with didn't like the Belmonts but now rides Minin_Med Byerleys and loves them. I've found most shops don't carry small bindnings at least not in the higher end styles.

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully in
her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.
Dees
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Nampa

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try anything from Nice. I would suggest Scarecrow or PSR1 or PSR2. I rode in them and they are very comfy, thick footbed. I also rode the CWB Troq but did like them as well as the nice bindings.. The Scarcrow/PSR1 have a ratch system on them that suck you heel down.

http://www.nicegoods.com/

jt09 wrote:
ont - like your money, your opinion loses value as it crosses the border.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Dees. Nice has really stepped up their bindings this year. I ride the PRS1 and love them. I've had ankle problems for years and these are the best I have found.
Later

Zee
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I really liked the Nice Truths but ended up ordering some Ultras, I have had good luck with LF bindings in the past. Thanks for all the input though!

For some reason no hyperlite binding is small enough for my heel, there is room for like 2 feet in them! Connelly seemed to fit better but I still haven't tried the Zues, I'll give them a shot tonight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the zeus had a footbed larger than my parks if i remember correctly. they fit about the same too...
grlywake
Criminal
Criminal

City: Central/So. Cal.

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Large or XL in KIDS, they work great, I have size 7 1/2 girls. There HL.
JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful with the Ultra's, make sure you get the right size (they run a bit big) and make sure you get ALL of the soap out (always use biding lube w/ them never soap, the soap wil never fully come out.) They also take a while to break in. But one you break them in they are supposed to be awsome. My ankle came halfway out of mine in the air and I landed with it like that (VERY painful) That was a month ago, its still swollen. I didnt et all the soap out and I bought M instead of Small's. I have a very comfy pair of super that I love an a pair of Torq's. The Torq's don't have much ankle support, which is now a problem for me, and the pull straps in the binings rub against my skin and cut it. Im dyin to try some Zeus's
krit
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size foot do you all have and also what size binding??? Just curious...
Zee
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krit, I have a womens size 6.5 foot and I have always worn small Liquid Force bindings, which I think tend to run narrow so they fit my feet good. I did try on a couple pair of Hyperlite bindings last week and they felt too big, I think the sizes will vary from company to company so a small in a HL binding could mean a medium in a LF binding??? Everyone has weird feet though, it's best to try a bunch on at the shop if you can.
Grace B.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: OR/WA

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a women's size 10 foot and my Parks are size medium.
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a size 8.5 foot and I wear the Parks medium/large as well. This year's Parks I think run smaller or I just streched out my bindings because the mediums fit too.

I do notice that my toes sometimes slide out after a really hard landing. Before I would have to drop down in the water to fix it. All I do now is a backslide and my toes go back to normal. Then I am good to go. A bit annoying, but I love the way the bindings fit and feel.
Denieze

City: Holland

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Belmont bindings..They're the best!!

http://www.wakepics.com/member/DeNiSe!
shadybetz55
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bedminster, NJ

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got '03 parks mediums and my feet are a size 8.5-9 girls. I LOVE them they are so comfy!!! i'm so glad i got them! The padding is super thick and is so nice on landings... Mr. Green
heartofbullets
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: FL

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Nice Bayou bindings, I love them, they took a little breaking in but now they are awesome. I wear womens shoe size 7 1/2 and binding size small, actually I think I coulda went for the xs but I didn't because I wore xs in BA bindings before and couldn't get out of them. I ordered mine online, the shops here only had big sizes, and only cared LF HL and DU.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: