Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

My stero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George
Addict
Addict

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: My stero Reply with quote

I recently got my new stero equipment. I cant wait to set it all up but i dont have my boat so i have to wait. Just courius if anyone has mounted there amp on the right side of the drivers feet. I think my Mob V has more space over there than most boats. If you have, have you had any problems with interfearence. heres a pic of what all i have. I bought the two crunch amps and 3 sets of the speakers. I already had the sony amp and one set of speakers. I am also looking for subs any brands you think do best in smaller places. I am gonig to put one infront of the driver and one in the side locker.

www.soddyriders.tripod.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you thinking you would make a dummy panel, or how were you thinking of mounting the amps at the drivers feet? I know I was thinking the same thing you are. But I ended up putting mine in the observers locker in my moomba. It was just the easiest. I made a dummy panel in there that mirrors the one at the drivers feet. I had to relocate the battery closer to the bow just to have more room in the locker. Just one suggestion I suppose...Get some pics up when you're done!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
George
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at the drivers feet a sub will be there but the the right. I will have to make a dummy wall first. I'll get pictures.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ryan W
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Ontario,Canada

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest kicker subs.My buddy has them in his car and the are sweet.
Bo Coppinger
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Chattanooga, TN

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George - Your Mobius should be almost the same as my Launch you are welcome to come and look at the way mine is done.
Breezer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you know you got it bad when you do what I am going to do.

I am canabalizing my car stereo. I am taking out my bazooka tubes and amps for my boat. My car tunes are going to suck. Oh well, I only drive it 3 miles to work and back home. My wife drives our good vehicle.
George
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo what all did you put in your boat as in speakers and did you amp them. Also what kind of subs do you have and what are the specs on the amps. if that to much dont worrie i am just courius.

Bo Coppinger
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George - I have one Crossfire 12 behind the driver kickpanel in a sealed box. I replaced all the factory kenwoods with Alpine Competition Marine speakers. On the tower I have the wake designs tubbies.(which are terrible and will be replaced this year) On the 12 I have 500 watt soundstream amp, on the six alpines I have a 600 watt crossfire amp, and the tubbies have a 400 watt crossfire amp on them. Every speaker is driven by an amp in the boat. If you want to come by and see how the amp rack is mounted or layed out, just shoot me an email.
George
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bo i might try to come by sometime i'll e-mail you first though since i dont know how to get there.

George
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i found 10" Kicker Solo-Baric L5 S10L5 for $129.99. I know it is a good price compared to everyone else so is it a good sub for a boat? I also like the looks of the Alpine Type R subs are they any good?

Bo Coppinger
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George - I just talked to my friend that works down at radio Clinic, they have a crossfire twelve and box for 179.00. Its exactly like the one I run in my boat. You will be much happier with a twelve, because we started out with a ten in mine.
George
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am about to head out to circuit city and see if they can price match a MTX if not i am gonig to go with the kickers. They are the square ones so they push more air than a normal ten. What is the Rms on the crossfire 12"?

Bo Coppinger
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George - Go check out the web site : http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/ it should have all the info you need. It is the P1 series twelve.
ohsix
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ohsix on Jul 20, 2012 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
George
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i had already decided to go with the kickers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: