Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Does size really matter?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhipLass

City: N. CA

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Does size really matter? Reply with quote

I'm using a board that's probably bigger than I should--a Parks DNA 138. I should probably be using a 132. I'm just starting to jump and switch. Will the size make a difference?
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size does matter, but not the way you think. Some people try a smaller board that is supposedly "more their size" & end up not liking it. Some like boards that are actually smaller than is "appropriate". I would say if you're uncomfortable on your board, try the same board in a smaller size (if possible) & see how you like it. If not, it could be that it's the board design itself, not the size that isn't right for you (although I'd be a little surprised at that with a Parks).

It would help to know what your height/weight is.
whirlygirl
Criminal
Criminal

City: Johnson City, Tn

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i learned on my bfriends board when i first started and the board and bindings were way too big! i learned w2w and a backroll on it though....when i started to get better i bought my own gear. as long as you are comfortable don't change anything, but definately try out some different sizes to see what you like the best.

so i guess size doesn't really matter as long as you can work with it.

WhipLass

City: N. CA

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way... I'm 5"6", 135 lbs.
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your board might be a little big for you, but like I said, if your uncomfortable then that's really the only reason to change. (Unless you're looking to get a different board anyway, then it'd be good to try a variety of boards & sizes to see what you like best.) It's kind of like the great unknown - if what you've got is all you've ever boarded on, then you don't really know what you're missing. Finding out could make you want to shell out the dough for a different board or it could make you realize that what you've got works just fine.
katelin

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a board thats too small for me but I prefer it. I tried to learn on a bigger board and found it really difficult. I find my board easier to turn and easier to get up on and generally easier to ride. So I don't think size matters that much. Anyway think how small wakeskates are compared to wakeboards.
heartofbullets
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: FL

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first board, (the board i learned on) was a 151, yeah, i'm serious. I'm almost 5'5" and 107lbs. I loved that board, I never did any tricks with it, but I could do precision w2w jumps. However I demoed a doubleup sam owens 135 (which some say is still big for someone my size), and fell for it, it just felt so much better on the water. So just go out and try different sizes, and see which feels the best, don't rely on what is "supposed" to be the right size for you.
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen.
seven20
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Gainesville

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know i am a guy, but...i would recommend if you decide to get another board don't get a smaller parks. that board is a great board, but it is way out of control and would be hard to learn on. I am not saying get a beginner's board, but if you like hyperlite try out something the belmont 136 or try a LF team 134. they are high end boards that are a little more controllable than the parks.

Kyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: