Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

i need some invert help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WakeDiva
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Knox, TN

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: i need some invert help Reply with quote

I really want to try a tantrum. I just don't know how much air i have to be getting before i should try one without breaking my skull open. Do you all know of any stuff i should be doing to get myself ready to try a trick like this?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seahorse
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tantrum is one of those tricks where you do need a bit of a harder, more aggressive cut, so you'll need to start a little farther out than some other tricks. To "prepare" to do one, I don't know what to tell ya - you just gotta GO FOR IT.

Just remember to square your shoulders directly even over your board, and not towards the boat, when releasing off the wake. When coming around, keep your chest up, the handle down, and SPOT THE TREE TOPS! When you land, absorb with your knees and legs and not your back. And don't forget to continue your edge when you land - follow through, don't just stop.

GOOD LUCK! And be prepared to eat S#%$ a few times - that all comes with gettin' good!! Laughing

RunningWithScissors
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bolton Landing, New York

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah good luck on your tantrum, just wait till you nail it!
www.ebay.com *Also a Place for Good Deals*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
whirlygirl
Criminal
Criminal

City: Johnson City, Tn

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

start by trying them on a trampoline or off the side of the boat. we tie a rope to the side of the dock and do it while holding on to the handle. be sure to jump up first and pull your knees hard to your chest.
check out trick tips.

WetChick19
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita/Lawrence/OP

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to have a consistant hs wake to wake jump with some good pop to it before you try a tantrum. go about 10-15 feet out take a good progessive cut to the wake and when you feel the board start to ride up the wake release with you back hand and let the board turn away so that it kicks you up and just make sure you keep pulling in with the handle so you don't land with your arm out. Good luck!
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen people do tantrums where their head almost hits the water on the rotation, and they land in the center of the wake, but they land on their feet and ride away. The most important thing, and the hardest thing on a tantrum is waiting until the top of the wake to start the trick. The number one mistake that I see (and do) on tantrums is throwing the trick half way up the wake. Cut out a little farther than you would for a normal wake jump then set a pretty heavy edge into the wake. Ride all the way up the wake and at the very top come off your edge and let go with your back hand. Coming off your edge will basically make you "trip" over the top of the wake and throw you into a backwards rotation. At this point people differ in how they throw the trick, some pop straight up and try to kick themselves in the chest with their knees, basically a back tuck, others, myself included, throw their head and shoulders up and back and let their feet trail behind, basically a back layout. It really depends on whatever is comfortable for you. Just remember to ride all the way up the wake, come off your edge at the top of the wake, look straight back and bend your arm as if you are making a muscle. Once you spot the water, pull your chest and head up and look for the shore opposite you, this will finish your rotation so you don't land leaning over. Hope this helps some, you just have to have faith that you can do it. If you have questions feel free to email me tiffany@glassandpowder.com
Later

katelin

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could do a tantrum. I'm too much of a wuss. Good Luck with it anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: