Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Worst wreck?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Worst wreck? Reply with quote

The title says it all - faceplants, headplants, let's hear 'em! Shocked
Girlboarder4life

City: California

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just jumping a wake and i accidentily let go and did a belly flop Laughing . It hurt so bad. I skid like 10 15 feet before i just floated in the water. But the guys in the boat had a nice home video of it. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, those hurt for sure.

I've actually got 3 - couldn't choose between 'em. 1 was a classic headplant where the back of my head hit the water really hard - didn't know where I was when I came up. Next was a fall where I hit the side of my head so hard on the water my husband could hear the SLAP!! in the boat over the engine. Last was the classic faceplant - my husband describes it as my head accelerating toward the water. I swear to God my eyelids peeled back off my face!

I've been lucky, though - no lasting or serious injuries, yet. Wink
WetChick19
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita/Lawrence/OP

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2, once i was trying a backroll and came up short so it dug my nose into the wake and slammed me over, i got knocked out, the other i caught a front edge on the top of the wake and it shot me down to the bottom which made my head spin for a few days Shocked
paige

City: Oklahoma City

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was actually my sister's worst fall-
she caught a front edge...
slapped her down so hard that 5 hours later people were telling her how sunburned her face was, when really-it was red from hitting the water-ouch!
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worse crash was when I was going for a backside 180. I hit the back of my head on the water and saw stars. One of my friends jumped in the water to see if I was okay because I was so dazed. Now I have been scared and trying to work up the courage to attempt them again.
*SoCalwAkEgUrl*

City: Los Angeles, Cali

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my worst crash was when i did a faceplant jumping the wake.... it was so bad the day before i had like fell and twisted my neck and was sore from that so it just made the fall that much worse and i have eyebrow piercings and omg i could have sworn they got ripped out of my face... but to my luck they were still there!
indywakechica
Addict
Addict

City: Indianapolis

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst one so far was just a little over a week ago on vacation. Wasn't even trying to be tricky or anything and dug the nose cutting out. Not only was it a face plant but must have been a full torso plant. When I came up couldn't breathe (knocked the wind out of me) so I was trying to breathe in and get the water out of my nose/throat/etc. Hate that can't breathe feeling...thought for a second "oh god this is it...I'm checking out" Mr. Green
shanda
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nampa

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was cutting harder than ever...(trying to go w2w) and landed right on top of the 2nd wake skipped across the water, board slipped out, caught my back edge (I think???), feet go over the top of my head, forcing my head underwater. I didn't know which way to swim....I coulndn't tell which way was up! I took me a few seconds, came to the top, floated around without much control, but after a few minutes I asked..."Did I go W2W???" Disappointing that I didn't do it, but I was closer than I had ever gotten! RIDE ON!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: