Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

HELP!!! KICKFLIP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: HELP!!! KICKFLIP Reply with quote

Hey ive been workin on a kickflip on and off for bout a month now and i just got the rotation consistent to where it gets a full flip every time not to fast and not too slow. i just cant keep the board under my feet any tips,
Face-Plant
Addict
Addict

City: Riverview

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the board go to far out in front of you? that happend to me when i was first learning. just try to stay balanced over the board so that it flips under you or slightly ahead of you. try and judge the board and stomp down on it before it hits the ground. dont get be scared to try and stomp it, you'll prolly bust your ace a couple of times but you'll get it before to long.

im not an great skateboarder but i can do stuff like kickflips, heelflips and shuv-its and stuff so sorry if i gave you any bad info

"I would rather fail in originality than lead in imitation." -Cordell Kraut
lilsk8erdude4

City: San Jose California

PostPosted: May 05, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try and land with one foot and then try and land with the other foot and once u can do that then try to land with both feet

MAN I HAD TO SIT THERE WHY HE SHAT!!!!!!!!
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: May 09, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just calm down i have seen my friends fling the board all over the place remember that you don't have to use your whole leg to flip it is just a little flick of the foot. also always land with both feet on the board no matter what. Landing with the board upside down is better than not landing on it at all and be prepared to fall when you land with the board sideways
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 11, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face-Plant, thanks for the help. ive almost got it i just need to get my front foot back on the board.
Maestro
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Markham

PostPosted: May 12, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hardest part of the trick is getting your front foot back over the board. It's just a mental and timing thing though. To help figure it out try to put a table or some other solid, ~ waist high object in front of you. As you do the trick put your hands on the table or whatever and hold yourself up on it. Wait for the board to flip and practice catching it with your front foot. It's a lot easier once you don't have to worry about timing it just right. Practice like this for a while - the muscles in your legs will remember the motion when you get out on the street (as will your mind). Good luck with it and if you have any questions feel free to IM me...
Peace bro
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k thanks for the help i remember reading that on here a while ago. ill have to try it next time i got skate.
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Burbank, SO-CAL

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ive kinda been having this problem too. I dont have a skateboard per se, but i have a skateboard deck that i practice on. Anyways, i just recently got able to ollie decently on it, and i started to try some kickflips. The problem for me seems that the board starts to flip, but then it hits my foot and it lands upside down. Any tips?
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya get trucks wheels hardware and bearings. and then take the deck and ollie and kick the foot out.
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 18, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But im a cheapskate and i really dont know if i wanna go out and spend money on that. Ive been saving up for a while now for a new comp, and this will just make me have to save longer.
Zara
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can 3 flip on a deck alone, but as soon as I try to do it on the go it doesn't happen.
My point? You won't get a feel for tricks until you actually start skating. ollie'ing, nevermind pulling a decent kickflip is way different on cement than just using a deck.
But by the sound of it, it seems like you might be over-kicking the board. It shouldn't take a huge kick motion to initate the flip if you stand over your board and suck your knees up.
Good luck! Very Happy
JohnnyXF

City: Plymouth, Minnesota

PostPosted: May 21, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, move your front foot up on the board. put your front foot directly behind the front 2 screws. this should help you even out the board and keep it in line.
- - - - __|__
- - - - - -| - l>----------*__
- - - - - -O - - - - - - - - |__\
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |___\
- - - - - - - - - -______/_\o_/_\____*
^^^^^^^^ | X-Factor /
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 25, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the other day I went to a friends house and tried out his board with all the hardware. I can say it's a lot different than just a deck, I could barely ollie. Thanks for the input guys.
wakeboarder09

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this happened to me when i was learning kickflips. i got the kickflip when i tried to pop the board high and flip the board down. for me when i tried this it still got the rotation because i poped high and the board stayed under me that is how i learned to kickflip i hope this helps you
DOOMPOODLE

City: MANCHESTER

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Chicken, the number 1 rule about doing any trick, is.......to keep your shoulders parralell to your board. Its sounds quite obvious, and not too important, but it is. Especially for flip tricks. Just keep doing what you've been doing, just KEEP PARRALELL!!!
Adios,
DP

thrasher

City: northern MN

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping your shoulders parrallel doesn't work well for 360 flips or varial flips. It took me a while to figure that out. Just thought I'd put that out there.
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the problem of getting my front foot on too. If you flip the board with your foot going out and off the edge of the nose rather than going straight down you can bring it sort of around the nose and back on b/c it won't go below the board.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ramen

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for kickflips, once you flip it just bring your knees up over the board and then stomp down.
B_Funk
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: So-Cal

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do them on Tony Hawk Pro Skater all day long. Does that mean I can do them in real life?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: