Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wears the weight .... pn the xstar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Fletcher

City: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Wears the weight .... pn the xstar Reply with quote

How is the best way to weight the 02 xstar? I was thinking 1 300 pound sac on each side of the engine beside the ballast and maybe a small amount of lead weight up front, but I wanted some advice from people who have already experimented with this. I will probably be buying one soon.
John Jared
Addict
Addict

City: Round Lake, IL

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I've tried. All with only 1-2 other people in the boat.

350-500 on each side of the back locker - This is what we use most of the time but if I had lead up front that I did not take out of the boat every time I'd fill them all the way up.

Two 600 in the back locker - Big wake but you need to drive at 21.5mph or faster. Most of our crew go at 22-23 so it wasn't a problem.

600 on the back seat and 600 on the floor - This was better than all in the back. The boat came out of the whole quickly and the wake was good down to about 19mpg at 70ft.

Two 600 in the back locker and 700 in the center - Great wake but if you're gonna go through all the trouble of filling 3 big sacs why not add one more.....

Two 600 in the back locker, a 700 in the center, and 600 up front - Insane wake but you need to be a little careful so you don't burry the front on a roller. Gas guzzler.

One time we had the factory ballast and 15 people in the boat. It has hard as hell getting the boat to plane but when it did the wake was so huge only 4 people would even go. We had to even the people between two boats before they'd get out. Most of them had only gone a few times if any at all and I'd have been pretty intimidated.

Last year was our first year. This year we are going to ride mostly on factory ballast during the week. The huge wakes are fun to but a little difficult to learn new tricks. Then when we are comfortable with the latest trick we'll load it up and go huge.

http://www.wakepics.com/member/jjared
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=20
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
I ride behind Mastercrafts quite a bit...here are a couple of set ups:

On a ProStar 205V...usually 4-5 people and 2 500 lb sacks - one in each rear locker. Personally, this is my fave set up as I ride behind this boat the most. Big enough to pop and go big, not big enough to scare me!

On a '02 X-Star...last year at Waketoberfest, the Houston crew came in and their weight/wake really did scare me!! Full up on the factory ballat, PLUS 2 500s in the back, 1 500 up front and about 8 people. HUGE WAKE!!! My first run, I couldn't land jack. My second run, I landed my first jump and was happy to have survived. My third run, I got more comfortable and started pulling grabs. The guys I was with are sick though....HUGE raileys, tantrums and plenty of other stuff I have no idea what the name of is. Fave trick of the day came with 2 riders...one did a giant railey over the other...sick.

What year X-Star are you looking to buy? With an '02 and factory rear ballast, I would go with 2 500lb sacks and work from there...maybe 3 350 sacks to even it out. The factory ballast and a couple of friends should do the trick though.
wssx2
Criminal
Criminal

City: ga

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to weight it evenly like a 250 in each locker and under both front seats. the hull is designed to be pushed down evenly to make the best wake, this is just what zane told me but it throws a great wake just about anyway u weight it
BugHunter

City: Palm Bay

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'02 Xstar.
factory ballast plus 550# of free weights, 100# each side of the engine, 150# in the middle, 200# up front. Very nice wake at 22.7 - 23.5 mph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: