Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Bringing down the Pete

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fauker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Bringing down the Pete Reply with quote

I started trying a few of these at the end of last season, the last couple I tried I really started feeling it out. I really would like to land this trick early in the new season.

I can do them with ease on the tramp. Lately Ive been jumping hard back against the rope, to help simulate the pulling of the boat, and it allows you to let your feet float back behind you instead of just going straight up and down with no resistance. Also ive been landing them wrapped on the tramp, to make sure im getting the full rotation without having to rely on passing the handle to pull me around.

Im guessing it would also be easier (on the water) maybe to try and take it wake to wake.

Anyone got any pointers or tips?

Cheb75
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tricks are alot harder when your behind the boat doing 21mph with the wind in your face and a boat load of people 75ft away starring at you. Just you, the wake and the water....

I'd say stick with it and also try getting something on your feet to simulate a wakeboard while your on the tramp. Thats what we do and I think it really helps. Old skate deck and some old shoes screwed onto the deck permenately.

Fauker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, like I said Ive done a few behind the boat, and it felt like I was getting the hang of it more every chance I had. I think Ill try finding an old deck and putting some old sandle bindings on it. I used to have that rigged up, but I didnt use a rope at the time. Hopefully I can find something and make it work.
orzech
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Honeoye

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u can screw up your ankles good with rigs on olde decks, I dont even want to take te chance on the tramp, i would rather just try i ton the water
brinks
Addict
Addict

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Load the line with your back arm as you come into the wake.
Have very little line tension on your front arm
2.As you hit the wake stand tall with just a little more weight on your back
foot than you have on your front foot. Go for the grab right off the wake
smelan is the easiest grab on this trick but looks better with a nose grab.
3. Throw the first half of the backroll and the first 180 at the same time and try to keep your back elbow in as close as you can to your hip
(do not try to pass the handle right off the wake or at the begining of the trick) This trick needs to be broken up into two parts.
4.right after you pass the half way point(when you start coming down from the flip) you will feel the line tension give just a little bit. This is when you want to look over you front shoulder and if you have a solid grab you can use that to pull the board around also. you also want to be pulling on the handle to the small of your back (DON'T LET GO OF THE HANDLE TILL YOU MAKE THE HANDLE PASS)
5. About 3/4 of the way through the trick you want to release the grab and reach for the handle with your front hand.
6.Try and land on the down side of the wake edging away from the boat and don't forget to bend your knees.
Good luck and I hope you get it.This trick is I think the best looking mobe when done right.
Just remember these 3 things:
1.Load the line with your back arm
2.Edge all the way through the wake.
3.Cut the trick in half and do it in 2 parts
Later,
Brett
brentgd86
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Marcos

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: pete Reply with quote

do 3 perfect wake to wake ts roll to revert in a row before trying the pete. this will help get the right form then add the second 180
Fauker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the really in depth walk through brinks,

Im definitely going to try all this when we get back on the water. March 1st is (hopefully) going to be our first outing Smile

bizzuck
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no hopefully fauker, its a definite. i dont care if there is 6 inches of snow on the ground march 1 we are boardin Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

www.atlwake.com
Fauker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz what im talkin' about Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: