Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

OP Girls Learn to Ride

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zee
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: OP Girls Learn to Ride Reply with quote

Anyone ever been to one of these events or heard anything about them?

http://www.girlslearntoride.com/sport.aspx?sportId=104§ion=currentEvents&tab=AA36BD7C&sub=A7B3

There is one coming up in my area and I was wondering if anyone had feedback, thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DaveBrowning
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: The 'boro

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girl, I have never heard of those for sure!!
Grouch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: The OC

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In association with the Mission2Ride tour, you can come out and ride with Charley Patterson after the Irvine Pro tour at Irvine Lake. I will be at helping out at that event.

August 3rd
Irvine, CA
$50 session

www.girlslearntoride.com

J.L.A. is Snowboarding
vance

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol i just saw this new forum and all i see is guys posting in it. If theres a ladies longe then there should be a guy's bar for guys only......
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a cool idea, but Folsom Lake sucks.

I did the last Girls Day Out with GoWakin. Now that was cool. Darrin Razor was on our boat and helped us all improve so much just in one day. I wish I had the money and time to go to wakeboarding camp! Sad
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: NYC

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premier135Chick, you would love wakeboard camp. I just got back about a week ago. So much fun, I didn't learn a lot of new stuff, but I broke a lot of bad habits and had a great time.

I haven't done any of the OP events, but Glass & Powder has a ladies only clinic each summer. Emily Copeland & Dana Preeble were there in 2001, and Leslie Kent was there in 2002 and 2003. Always a good time.
Dees
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Nampa

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zee, I wanna try and get a girls day out set up here in Idaho either this year or next. It will be a lot of work (dates, times, sponsorship, pro females, girls the wanna learn, info etc) so next year will probable be the time it will happen.

vance, god your dumb

Grouch, you might wanna keep that on the down low. now the girls know where to find you so they can come kick your arse. hehe

jt09 wrote:
ont - like your money, your opinion loses value as it crosses the border.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi girls, WakeChicks has worked some with Girls Learn to Ride. They are a huge organization and have teamed up with Charley Patterson and Cathy Williams to do several clinics all over the country. I think they have pretty large groups of girls out there, so you get to ride with lots of new women.
They will be working with WakeChicks to put on a Girls Day Out in southern California in August.
We are also working on getting more clinics and events around the country, anyone who is interested in helping out please email me. tiffany@glassandpowder.com
Later

scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zee you should go and drag p-chick with you and tell everyone how it went. you'll never know how good it is until you try it.
soulslider
Criminal
Criminal

City: Maine

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have any of you gone to a wakeboard camp? It sounds cool, but i would need reassurance before i would go.............i'm not much of a people person Crying or Very sad and camps aren't my thing. But if u can tell me about it, i'm new and it would problably help me out lots! Thanx Very Happy Very Happy
Lynsey
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nor*Cal

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been the Girls Learn To Ride snowboarding event. I had a good time and it was only $35 for a lift ticket, 1 hr lesson and a goodie bag. I think the wakeboarding one is definitley something to check out, $50 for 4 hrs, hopefully you get a few pulls within that time. I'm going to try to make it to GIrls Day Out in Sept and the next All Girls Delta Day.
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soulslider, I went to World Wakeboard Center in Groveland, FL. If you aren't a people person that's probably the camp for you. You can get a hotel room at the nearby Ramada Inn (which is kinda a sketchy place, but ok) instead of staying in the dorm with everyone. When I went we only had 6 people max to a boat. I had a great time, the instructors are very knowledgable and most have been there two or three years, so they know the routine like clockwork.
If you want more info just email me. tiffany@glassandpowder.com
Later

Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulslider, I've been to The Wakeboard Camp in Clermont, FL twice. I had a blast, but if you're not a people person I'm not sure it would be the place for you. I believe their max capacity is 25 people (5 per boat) and they are usually full during the summer. They do have an option of a private apartment rather than the dorm (for extra $$) and they are usually not full in early spring and the fall. The coaches there really know their stuff and the food is great. Sounds like Tiffany has a good option in WWC. I've also heard good things about Ride The Spot (Darin Shapiro/Travis Moye) and it is limited to 5 people per week. However, it is the most expensive camp at $1350/week. If you have specific questions, PM me.
Zee
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dees, that's great and good luck with it. Be sure to post here to let us all know when it happens.

Tiffanator, where exactly will the event be held in Southern California? I will be living in Phoenix at that time, but may make the trip out depending on my school schedule. I was under the impression that there were not too many nice lakes to ride down there, do you know where you are doing it yet?

Scott a, I'm sure P chick and I would get in a lot of trouble together... errr I mean have a lot of fun together, but I'd be coming from Arizona after August 1 so we'd have to meet there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zee, the event will be held either at Irvine lake or long beach marina, where the X-games are. It should be a pretty big event.
Later

JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulslider, I just got back fom Ride the Spot w/ Darin Shapiro (www.ridethespot.com) It sooo awsome and laid back. Thest week of my life. I broke all kinds of bad habits. All of the technical stuff that Darin know is increadible. He can tell you what you did wrong on a ts cut just depeding on how you fell. He makes a lot of sense too. The second I have the $ im going bk there. I loved it. Thy were filming so Saders, Watkins, Wolfe, Zane, Ike, Jonathan Nadolski, Jeff, Loren Levine were all there. Travis i an awsome teacher too. Watching all of them ride is increadible. It was worth every cent. Why not pay an extra $50 to ride w/ pro's for a week? But nomatter where you go (if you go) make sure you open up and don't be shy. You will have lot orefn if you are a people person while your there. You want to make the most of your $. Everyone is really friendly and liad-back
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zee-I am game if you are. I would love to check out one of those clinics with ya. Hit me up and let me know. We have yet to go riding together girl!!!

I would love to go to wakeboarding camp. I am very fortunate that the boys I ride with also give wakeboarding lessons for a living. But it still would be fun to go for a week and check it out. Wish it wasn't so expensive. Maybe I could get a sponsor...heheheheheh
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know, we could get a group together online and work a discount. TWC is normally $1100, but if you get 8 people together it brings it down to $900. That includes 3 lessons a day, lodging and great homemade food. You would spend at least $1100 on a hotel and food on a week long vacation, so when you look at it that way its a pretty good deal. When I was there in June, there were 5 ladies total...the most girls they've ever had at one time...the ladies boat was quite the novelty. All of the coaches were fighting over who got to run our boat each day. Anyway, something to think about. I would love to go back later this summer or even this fall when they have off-season pricing. If anyone else is interested, let me know (email or pm).
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am VERY interested. I am a people person and wouldn't mind bunking all together. I loved camp when I was younger. This would be so much fun!!

I have two trips in July so I am thinking I wont have the funds until August or September. How long is the stay at the camp? Just a weeeknd? A full week? I am so down for being on the all-ladies boat. There is something to be said about riding with all women. I feel so much more relaxed and get way more motivated to try new stuff. Plus, I feel more comfortable sporting a bikini top around the girls. Wink
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The $1100 is for a full week Sunday-Saturday, but you can set up a partial week. Not sure about weekends, and since we'd be making the trip from the west coast, I'm not sure it would be worth it. I think the daily price is $160 for 3 lessons and lunch.

We had a portion of the dorm all to ourselves and our own bathroom. It's not the Ritz, but it's not a bad set up. Very much like summer camp. Our boat definitely had the most fun and we all progressed a lot and cheered each other on. The boys were all business, no fun.
DNichole
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Luis Obispo, CA

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about the Girls Learn to Ride events and debated whether or not to go... my sis and I will be checkin out the event at Folsom, I'll post up how it went after... If any of other chicas from here are going let me know, be great to put some faces with some names!
Bethany
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bend

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girls, The camp idea sounds awesome! I would definitly be down to take a trip like that. Hmmm, that means need to work some more, but I think it would be worth every penny! Maybe, I can convince the parents to "sponser" me. Wink
wakin'wena

City: washington

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boyfriend wants me to go to an all girls wakeboard camp and i think it would be a blast. I'll probably do that next spring or so when i get some funds. Being from washington i wouldn't mind going to a camp in Idaho or oregon or cali.....
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, why are all those kind of camps in Florida? You'd think there would be something like that here in Cali, especially along the Delta. Going to wakeboarding camp would be a blast!!!
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed up for the Irvine GLTR event on August 3 Very Happy Anyone else going?
Lynsey
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nor*Cal

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think I'm going to participate in that, I have a free lesson from them from filling out a survey about the snowboarding clinics. Very Happy
Bethany
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bend

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably be there.
RunningWithScissors
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bolton Landing, New York

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an ad for the OP Girls Learn To Ride Contest... I entered a couple days ago, I hope I could win it because it's all the way in Cali, it sounds cool... but I probably won't win it! Confused
www.ebay.com *Also a Place for Good Deals*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: