Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Summer goals, new tricks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grace B.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: OR/WA

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucy~
Yeah when I was learning to drive, my mom always rode in the car with me and she freaked out at everything I did, it made me really nervous. My dad didn't do
that, he just sat in the car and just said if I did something wrong. I have had my driver's license for like 6MO now and if my mom goes somewhere with me she still freaks out. Yeah you are right, I should just leave her behind Very Happy
brwkbrdr09

City: Washington

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucy B,

Ive been learning how to launch the boat this summer and my best advice for you is to DRIVE SLOWLY! 1 mph is good! also. only drive when your comfy with it and dont drive with people (normally moms) that freak you out. Trust me. Nothing like flippin the boat or truck will happen. Have fun.
WetChick19
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita/Lawrence/OP

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: summer fun Reply with quote

this is my second summer riding and now i'm trying my TsFs 3's and a tantrum and backroll...can't land the 3's without being bent over and the backroll gave me a nice concussion..but hey its all good, can't learn it without a few crashes. Rolling Eyes
JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im working on my pop on my hs w2w' right now I have a hard time getting my legs straight at the top of the wake, but thanks to all of Darin, Travis, and Jonathan's help I almost have it. Thanks to them im also inches from cleaing it toeside with pop. I've also gotte all of my 1 wake 180's and halfcabs down to. Now I just want to learn an invert and have at least attempted a 3 and landed some w2w 180's by the end of the season. I'm copetng in an the INT comp. Im the only girlin Nevada though....Hopefully I will see some competetition at Nationalsor Shasta again.
WetChick19
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita/Lawrence/OP

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey JRock, did you go down to Ride the Spot? i'm going down there in like 2 weeks and was wondering what it was like. Very Happy
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace B.,

Brwkbrdr09 has it right on the money, go slow at first & definitely don't make any sudden sharp turns (you could jack-knife real easy that way) - slow & careful. I completely agree with you about leaving your Mom at home - Dad sounds like the man for the job.

Big parking lots with lots of room are great. I learned to drive everything on land that way - car, backing the trailer, motorcycles (talk about Mom flipping out!). A good thing to do is to take some orange cones (you can buy them at any sporting goods store) & make a spot that you want to back the trailer into (between the cones). Believe me, it gets easier every time you do it.
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but hey its all good, can't learn it without a few crashes.

If ya' aint crashin' then ya' aint learnin'.
brwkbrdr09

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea moms have that freak out tendency. When i first learned to drive a motorcycle she almost died! I think she was more afraid of what id do to the bike that what it would do to me though. Maybe its just beucase im her precious girl..YEA RIGHT!
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't tell my Mom for 2 or 3 years after I learned to ride a motorcycle. I don't think that there's anything in the world that will send a mom over the edge like a bike will.

brwkbrdr09 - What do you ride? My first bike was a 1990 CBR 600, then I had a '96 Yamaha FZR 600. Don't currently have a bike, spent all my dough on the boat earlier this year.
brwkbrdr09

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they arent my bikes becuase im 16 and 7 months (i hold onto that seven like a life line). But i first rode a RD 350 Yamaha and a Gold Wing "special edition" im not too sure on the years but i do know that we restored them. THe RD is absolutely awesome to ride.
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RD is an excellent bike. You've got big ones to try that Gold Wing (I've never even been on a bike that big!)

7 months - LOL Mr. Green
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zee wrote:
On that note, we were pulling out of Orwood this weekend and this girl pulled a boat off the trailer and attempted docking or nosing up to the dock about 12 times without success, it was amusing... that is until she tried docking next to my buddy's Super and that's when we pulled away.

Over a month ago, my friends and I were waiting to pick up some people at Orwood. We saw this boat with four young girls back the boat down the ramp, launch the boat and dock it with no problems. Everyone there was amazed. They knew what the hell they were doing and put a lot of guys that were trying to launch their boat to shame. It was awesome. I hope to have a crew like that sometime this summer......
Bethany
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bend

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family has had a boat ever since I can remember. Since we don't let my mom touch anything Smile my dad taught me to drive and launch when I was about 14. It really is funny when a bunch of my girlefriends and I put the thing in with no problem. Sillly boys boats are for girls! Wink Mr. Green
brwkbrdr09

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i can relate. Im pretty good docking the boat and getting it up on the trailer but there have been those times when the days just not going right and you dont turn soon enough or too soon and the whole thing goes kaput. Of course its always infront of family so that doesnt help! Ha ...the good old times.
Lynsey
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nor*Cal

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've been since last spring, this year I decided to get the guts and try more stuff but here are my goals:

*get consistent with my w2w
*learn grabs
*a raley (that's probably pushing it though..ha ha)

Grouch- you're hiliarious

JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WetChick19, check your pm's Very Happy
wakeboarder_124

City: Angola, Indiana

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm competeing and right now i am working on 3's and 5's..im not very good with flips or rolls even on the tramp but i hope to land at least backroll and a tantrum by the end of the summer and i want my 3's and 5's to become consistent
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wakeboarder_124

City: Angola, Indiana

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm competeing and right now i am working on 3's and 5's..im not very good with flips or rolls even on the tramp but i hope to land at least backroll and a tantrum by the end of the summer and i want my 3's and 5's to become consistent
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: