Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Ronix Warranty Boot Claim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawnPatrol141

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Ronix Warranty Boot Claim Reply with quote

I searched for warranty claims on here but couldn't find anything so sorry if there's a thread already started for this topic.

I bought a pair of 2019 Ronix Supreme boots last summer. I love the boots but like most Ronix gear it's made in China and not to the highest standards. So the right boot highback inner liner is tearing out now. Ronix fortunately approved the claim but I have to take a utility knife and cut both boots from top to bottom to get a new pair. I'm fine doing it with the damaged boot but it seems wasteful to tear into the other working binding. I'm also thinking it's pretty unlikely I'll sell the extra boot to a one legged wakeboarder! Plus the next pair could do the same, maybe to the other foot. I would prefer to not waste things so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or has a claim with pics of their cut bindings. I'd like to use their pics that I could use to file my claim and save the one binding.

If I don't find any and have to cut mine, I might put pics up so that someone else could benefit from my experience.

I tried adding an a pic of my boot tear but the single picture file from my phone is apparently too large. Funny b/c that seems like the way most would upload a file.

Thanks!
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just the way the warranty process has worked for years.. If you want you could send both boots back to Ronix and they will warranty the bindings.

It does seem wasteful...however there are people out there that would warranty the good boot at some point and end up with another new set of bindings.

That is why ronix requires that you destroy both bindings and send them pics of booth boots destroyed. They will also require that you write the RA number on the bindings so that you cannot warranty another set of bindings. So another picture is not going to do you any good.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Hoodwicker

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I am very careful in selecting products, warranty policies should be a lot clearer.
Hoodwicker

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2020 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's just how their warranty works.
Hoodwicker

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will also require that you write the RA number on the bindings so that you cannot warranty another set of bindings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: