Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Harvey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brew
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Jackson

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Harvey Reply with quote

I know there are a few of the old guys from the Houston area. T&P for those affected.

Anyone know or still talk to Rampage? He and I talked several times over the years about rentals and if I remember correctly he had quite a few in the area.
vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to him this morning. He had his house flooded and 4-6 rent houses flooded.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been chatting with goofyboy and he's dry, but not by much. If the forecasts hold he will make it out dry.

If y'all remember oshensurfer he and some friends came over from Austin w/boat to help with rescues.

An old friend from HS who lives in Kingwood took water when the spillway flows from Lake Conroe came in. She and her daughter got picked up by the coasties.

A good friend of mine (firefighter/paramedic) spent all day Monday packing up the Urban SAR gear for the Sacramento Fire strike team, but did not have to go himself. They are on scene now conducting rescues.

That stinks for rampagewake. I wonder how his offshore boat fared?

This will easily go down as the worst natural disaster in US history, at least by $$$$ cost.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good things to all those suffering loss or displacement. Extra good JuJu to rampagewake, hoping good stuff finds you and yours.
RampageWake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends, thanks for the well wishes! Boat and my house in Freeport made it fine. I made the decision to move the boat from my house up the river behind the flood gates and all was fine. It would have ridden it out ok at my house it turns out, as the house was fine but obviously could not know that at the time. I am self insured on my house down there, which is great for cheap premiums, but the deductibles can be steep. Smile

On Saturday, after landfall I realized that my house and boat were going to be fine and we went and watched the fight at a friends in town (Houston) and celebrated with lots of drinks. That night late the streets started flooding and we pulled the wifes suv up into their driveway. In the morning, we got a reprieve for an hour or so and made our break for Cypress (suburb). We finally made it after driving through water and rerouting several times.

My house in Cypress had never flooded since it was built in 1963. We got about 8" in the house but my real concern was watching houses flood all around town. Flood insurance is not subsidized for rentals the way it is for homeowners so I am self insured there as well. Having 10 houses go under could be pretty devastating. Oh well, it's not an outcome we could change at the time, so we jumped in my brothers jon boat and went to subdivisions behind ours closer to the creek to get people out of the second stories of their homes. My brother hauled 6-8 trips before being exhausted and needing fuel. We went back to his house (2 streets over from mine) and saw that the water was about to go in his door. I went back home and wished him luck but knew the inevitable was about to occur. I settled in above my garage in the gameroom with a knot in my stomach to try and get some sleep. My brother texted me at 2 am and said he went back out in the jon boat and got 2 more loads because he couldn't sleep and when he came back at 2 am anticipating the worst, he opened the door and it was dry! And - the water had went down 1/2"! (thanks Karma!!) We also lucked out, but would not know for another 2 days that we only had 2 (plus mine) flood, so that is easy for us to remedy. We cut drywall already and will have the tenants back in before the end of the month.

My wife and I were actually scheduled to leave on the boat for the Bahamas next week to spend 6 months over in the Exumas. I had taken a LOA from work but we've decided to postpone our departure until the end of the month while we oversee reconstruction. Things are really bad for lots of people, I am very fortunate we made out as good as we did. Thanks again for your concern!

RIP M.H.Legge
RampageWake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, God Bless Jim "Mattress" McIngvale - he is good people.

A few pics.

File_002.jpeg

Description:
 Filesize:  147.8 KB
 Viewed:  14408 Time(s)

File_003.jpeg

Description:
 Filesize:  192.04 KB

File_001.jpeg

Description:
 Filesize:  179.31 KB

File_000.jpeg

Description:
 Filesize:  115.09 KB

RIP M.H.Legge
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! Some how myself and my immediate family all stayed dry. My father's main car was flooded, but his house was spared by about 17". That's a lot compared to some other friends that had water at their door. We took in our good friends from the neighborhood over, as the Brazos River was going to crest over the height of their levee. The river dropped and took them out of the danger zone.

I'm pretty sure 75% of the houses in my neighborhood have extra family or friends staying with them. A buddy took in a mom and her two sons that he helped rescue for a few nights.

It's been as bad or worse than what you have seen on TV. I saw video of Kingwood High School and it looks to have 4' of water in it.

Also, it's not over. The Brazos River is cresting late today or early tomorrow. It will hit 56' (roughly), which is a record. Communities down river will experience more flooding.

Rampage - sorry about your place sir. what neighborhood are you in? My buddy is up on Towne Lake and was out rescuing people. Are you that far out or are you around the Eldridge flooding?

RampageWake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in front of Enchanted Valley between Telge/Barker. Glad you were spared!

RIP M.H.Legge
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, glad to hear so many are doing OK and it wasn't worse. My company has a couple offices and a lot of staff in that area. We have several who have lost their homes and this will be quite an ordeal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: