Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Which boat to buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Which boat to buy? Reply with quote

I've been out of the boat market and really haven't been keeping up to date on all the different boats these days.

My buddy is looking at two boats. He wakeboards, but nothing too hardcore, carves, maybe he jumps the wake? He has two girls that may wakeboard or waterski, they are about 10 ish now so they haven't quite picked what they really want to do. His wife ski's. They all want to surf. I think they have two goofy surfers and two regular.

The two boats he's looking at 2009 X-2 180 hours

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/calgary/2009-mastercraft-x-2-with-only-180hrs/1139311958?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Or the 2010 F21 Tomcat
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/calgary/2010-f21-tomcat/1134011567?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I know about the X-2. I don't love the X-2 for wakeboarding but I do know that it surfs pretty well and it will ski pretty decently. I really don't know anything about the Tomcats. Anyone have any experience with both boats and what you would recommend.

They are basically the same price.

Thanks

flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a fan of the top tier boat companies. Mostly for the resell. they always seem to sell faster on the lot. When it is not a main brand like MC, Naut, Malibu etc those boats are always a harder sale. I am sure the tomcat is a great boat but I bet selling it down the road will be harder than moving a MC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Mar 11, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on the resale.

However, for me I've been holding onto my boats longer these days and I'm assuming my friend is going to keep it for a number of years. With that said, my first choice would be which boat has a better wake for the things I want to do. IMO, and my opinion only is that the X-2 wake sucks for wakeboarding. It does surf ok, but the boarding wake is so bad I wouldn't ever consider buying one. The MB on the other hand if it surfs and boards better that's the boat I'd probably buy.

It's a mute point as he called the guy last week to buy the MB and the boat was sold. The X-2 is still for sale though...

Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Mar 22, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the X2 does not ski well.....

Maybe consider a Malibu VTX if he can find one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: