Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

2015 NCAA Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So disappointed the Utes lost focus and let Brigham Young back in it. Such an unsatisfying win..... Confused

Will take some comfort in the fact they prevented Rosco from getting his 100th win at Brigham Young, sending him to Virginia with a big chit burger in his mouth & won their 5th straight.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big 10! Big 10! Big 10!

Big 10 best 2 teams getting outscored 0-73 with a half to go! Plus Tn outscored another Big 10 top team 45-6.
buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: ncaa Reply with quote

Tennasee, HaHAha, Do Not know what your smoking, but the best 2 teams in the big 10 Won their bowl games, beat Florida And Notre Dame by more than 80 pts. Tennasee could Not even Beat Florida, Michigan beat them 41-7! And the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY beat Michigan 42-13! Tennasee is just a bunch of volunteers, Never will make it to the Big Show. The Ohio State University was the Undisputed National Champions last year And should have been playing for the National Championship this year with All the talent they have!
The best 2 teams in the Big ten happen to be in the same division and if it wasn't for Michigan State getting lucky again against Michigan in the last second of the game The Ohio State University would be in the playoffs again this year.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like drunk post, but made at 9:30 in the morning....hmmmm....

sounds like wholesale changes on the offensive staff coming at a&m. rumor is rumlin will hire oc mazzone from ucla, and he'll bring his son (qb coach) and klemm (ol coach) w/ him.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sucks.

Hard to believe there isnt a moderately adequate backup QB on the team.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i left the airport bar and it was 31-10.
tcu fan on the plane sitting next to me checked the score right before takeoff and it was 31-20. i assumed that was the final, given the time that had passed, but internets and all that...
land in austin and she's like "WE WON!"
i'm all, "what? no wai! that wasn't a final before?"

really wish i could have seen that game. alamo bowl is the new holiday bowl - 8 of the last 11 games have a winning margin of 7 or less (1 more at 10), couple of overtimes, typically high scoring. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamo_Bowl
Chad H

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$EC sucks at winning bowl games
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: ncaa Reply with quote

buckthis wrote:
Tennasee, HaHAha, Do Not know what your smoking, but the best 2 teams in the big 10 Won their bowl games, beat Florida And Notre Dame by more than 80 pts. Tennasee could Not even Beat Florida, Michigan beat them 41-7! And the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY beat Michigan 42-13! Tennasee is just a bunch of volunteers, Never will make it to the Big Show. The Ohio State University was the Undisputed National Champions last year And should have been playing for the National Championship this year with All the talent they have!
The best 2 teams in the Big ten happen to be in the same division and if it wasn't for Michigan State getting lucky again against Michigan in the last second of the game The Ohio State University would be in the playoffs again this year.

Or Ohio St could have just not lost to Michigan St who was playing a backup qb.

Oh and did the SEC just set a record for most bowl wins by a single conference in one bowl season? Yes, yes they did.

SEC! SEC! SEC! and GOOO VOLS! Better watch out for them next year.
Chad H

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness... the SEC did have the upper hand in the matchup alone judging my rank/record of the teams played. It's nice to see, but I'll be rooting for Clemson in the final game.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEC hand picked all of their opponents. I give zero credibility to that. LSU v Texas Tech... come on man.
churchy

City: Boise, ID

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73 wrote:
Hard to believe there isnt a moderately adequate backup QB on the team.

I figured that to be the case since they keep adding grads from other schools with one year left. Seemed pretty obvious they must not have much on the bench.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad H wrote:
In all seriousness... the SEC did have the upper hand in the matchup alone judging my rank/record of the teams played. It's nice to see, but I'll be rooting for Clemson in the final game.

You'll be wasting your time. Alabama by at least 15pts.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good news/bad news for my txst bobcats yesterday...

good news - we have a new head coach: everett withers, hc at jmu and former dc at tosu, unc and minn, coached under mack brown at texas so he knows the recruiting landscape here.
i'm a fan.

bad news - one of our players passed away. local kid, great guy. Sad Sad
http://www.texasredzonereport.com/2016/01/remembering-will-trevillion/
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copy/paste from my take on the bobcat board:

people wanted a p5 coordinator. if we'd hired the dc from ohio state, or north carolina, everyone would be thrilled. that's who he is.

from bleacher report as a maryland candidate
Quote:
The benefits
Lots! Withers has tons of experience, but he's not outrageously old at 52. He has experience recruiting among Big Ten competition and in Maryland's broader geographical region. He's personally responsible for the recruitment of potential All-America defenders Vonn Bell and Raekwon McMillan to Ohio State, and he's managed to gin up some pretty serious enthusiasm for college football in Harrisonburg, Va., of all places. If he can get people riled up there, he can get people riled up in College Park. He also did a great job bringing along transfer quarterback Vad Lee, a Georgia Tech castoff who came to JMU and improved a ton over the last few seasons before a career-ending injury a few weeks ago.

The drawbacks
A few things. Withers took over North Carolina after Butch Davis was fired at the height of an academic fraud scandal, and the NCAA tagged him for deliberately not cooperating with its ensuing investigation. (He'd been the defensive coordinator under Davis.). His defenses at Ohio State in 2012 and 2013 were not especially good by Buckeye standards, clocking in at Nos. 25 and 42 in defensive S&P+, respectively. The defense he coordinated at Minnesota in 2007 was garbage, rating No. 109 out of 119 Division I teams in the same stat. Withers is known as a defensive mind, but his defenses haven't been spectacularly good or anything.

In one sentence
Withers has had impressive recent success and has a long recruiting history, and he's probably worth Maryland considering despite up-and-down results as a coordinator.

from an appst fan on a longhorn board:
Quote:
He's been everywhere and done well more times than not. Was the interim coach at North Carolina after Butch had to leave. Was the DC under Urban at Ohio State. Did very well at JMU with his "disregard defense, score points" approach. JMU had 729 yards of offense in their FCS-over-FBS win at SMU this past season.

He's a better hire than I though Teis could make.

people wanted points and a high scoring offense. here's the jmu rankings for 2015 (fcs national):
1st in total offense
1st in first downs
2nd in scoring offense
3rd in third down conversions
4th in rushing offense
7th in passing efficiency

his defenses haven't been great on the whole, but a damn sight better than ours, and one pretty elite season at unc, 2009:
6th in total defense ncaa, 1st acc
13th in scoring defense ncaa, 2nd acc
10th in rushing defense ncaa, 1st in acc
14th in pass defense ncaa, 3rd acc

people wanted a coach w/ texas ties. he coached under mack brown, easily the best recruiter in the state over the last 20 or 30 years. he'll know how to work tx hs coaches. if anything, recruiting and leadership are his biggest selling points, not his x/o acumen.

match him up against all the splash hires mentioned: applewhite, cumbie, meachum, spavital - and he's got more p5 coordinating experience than all of them. more head coaching experience than all of them.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J., this guy is our new oc: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Elliott
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't even know he was coaching. Remember the name. Assumed he had a start with his connection with Mullen and BJ. Looks like he's jumping. GA to OC in 3 years...
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't make this stuff up...

eric hyman resigned as the texas a&m athletic director last week (read: was forced out). his replacement is washington's ad, scott woodward.

reporter: scott, you were at a great university in a beautiful city, when you got that first phone call from president young, what resonated with you that he told you that would lure you away from your situation?

woodward: yeah, like i mentioned, this is my part of the world. i'm from here. my ancestors...my wife got on ancestry.com and my father's side of the family were rednecks who were chasing lumber mills from eastern texas and western louisiana. so this is home.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing well, he's got his audience pegged! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ohsix

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like College Station is actually well educated as a city. I would agree that the smaller towns around there definitely bring the average IQ down. It's not Palo Alto, but I don't feel like I'm surrounded by idiots when I visit College Station. I may not be well exposed to A&M's fan base, but in my experience they're largely educated alumni of the school.

I'm not offended by a blue collar stereotype as most of my ancestors prior to my grandfather were blue collar laborers. I did physical labor through college and I still go out on 1 or 2 fracs a month, so one could say I'm still a bit of a blue collar guy. However, I don't like the term redneck/hillbilly/white trash as I think they're all about the same type of person in different geographical areas. My mind's image of a redneck/hillbilly/white trash is someone with a can of snuff and a gun within reach at all times that would screw their cousin in every sense of the word. I'm sure there's plenty of those people in most rural areas, including east Texas, but that's not the stereotype that comes to my mind when I think of College Station or A&M fans in general.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think they're all about the same type of person in different geographical areas.

QFT. Rednecks are rednecks. Even here in California. Same people different location.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Add To Favorites

Jump to: