Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help choosing a new boat board ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russell_essex

PostPosted: Dec 30, 2015 3:24 am    Post subject: Help choosing a new boat board ... Reply with quote

I've been wakeboarding for a year now and got the bug. They have a system 2.0 and a decent size boat lake where I go. A year ago I got myself the 2015 Hyperlite Webb which is a crossover I can use with both. I love the speed and agility of the Webb but I'm not getting great pop off the wake behind the boat and not progressing at the same rate that I am on the cable so I'm still stuck behind their Nautique Ski.

I'm after a good boat board that will carry similar speed to the Webb but with better pop, good edge hold and still have forgiving landings (if such a board exists Smile ). The only other board I have tried was the Hyperlite Kruz Nova but while I am sure that this is a great Pro board I found it really slow and tiring to ride. The online store I bought the Webb from have recommended JD's new 2016 model the Hyperlite Relapse which is apparently more of a boat board or the 2016 Ronix One ATR Carbon. I really want to get behind the 210 so I need to step it up. Any views on these two boards or recommendations of others would be appreciated. Thanks!
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Dec 30, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmzzz I suspect it might be technique rather than board that's the issue. Do you have a video of yourself riding that you can post?
russell_essex

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks FlyZone CR. I don't have any vids only pics. You're right though there's definitely room to improve technique. I should say I am getting off the wake and with the rope pulled up heel side wake to wakes. Just not getting much vertical pop. It's probably still a lot technique and a bit down to the smaller wake produced by the ski boat but I'd still like more of a boat board to help me along the way.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a pic could help!
As far as boards; you'll have to try 'm yourself to know for sure. The One ATR is an immensely popular board but I hated it when I tried it.
You might want to try the LF Witness, it does all that you describe.

Post some pics!

Porterwake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With gas prices down......I might actually wakeboard for the first time in 7 years.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porterwake wrote:
With gas prices down......I might actually wakeboard for the first time in 7 years.

People still wakeboard?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: