Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Which SAN boat to get? Im looking for big steep wake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makesumwake2

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Which SAN boat to get? Im looking for big steep wake Reply with quote

Hey guys ive been reading the forum a lot and it sounds like a need to get a SAN for what i want.

im not sure what year range however, and also maybe there are other boats you guys would recommend.

I owned a 2004 X-star and i didnt like the kind of wake it made. even with both blasts full, and 10 people on board i couldn't get it make much of a rampy wake, it made more of a rounded bump, easy to clear the wake but hard to get good air. maybe i didnt have it set up right.

My boat list:

2001-2004 SAN 210 ( i hear the newer ones didnt make the same kind of wake?)

G23 (if i want to spend the $$$$, is it worth it?)

09-11 AXIS A21, A22

Is a 21ft boat ok if i add more weight, or should i get a longer boat?

thanks a lot!
core-rider
Addict
Addict

City: Huntsville, AL

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff notes: Unless you have the coin to spend on a G stick with a mid-2000 era SAN, remove factory ballast in favor of sacs and enjoy possibly the best budget wakeboat hull ever made!

If you want that classic Legacy SAN wake with cost savings in mind...

Any Super Sport Nautique, Super Air Nautique from 1995-2006 will get you the hull you need for that wake. The only differences were above the rub rail, different towers, interior layout/space, and creature comforts like Perfect Pass and ballast options. 2003 seems to be the most sought after though. 2006 did come with ballast puppies factory which makes aftermarket ballast fill/empty times better, but the tower is not user-friendly since it weights a metric ton!

1995-2006 with 750 sacs in the rear and either a combination of 600 in the belly with more weight in the bow or 1000 triangle in the bow without the belly sac will yield great results in your wake. You will get that straight up pop form the wall-like wake that hull is know for.

G21/G23 - If you have the means go for it! Even with just factory 2850# ballast the wake is massive. The G23 blends a smooth transition that came with the 2008+ 210s and at the top gives the straight up boot of the older Legacy hulls. I've heard the G21 is even steeper with more boot that anyone preferring the Legacy hull will instantly love, but I have unfortunately not been behind a G21 yet.

I can't really speak on Axis as the only one I rode behind was at a contest years ago. I was not impresseed! The wake was huge because it was loaded down with extra ballast and tons of people, but it washed over and was very mushy. Was not a fan and have never had an opportunity to ride behind a properly weighted boat.

I own a 2003 SANTE and removed the hard tanks in the rear, replaced them with 750# sacs and run a 1000# triangle in the bow seats. 2500# and love it. The wake is a wall of water that kicks me straight up and over. I ride at 80' @ 23-25MPH. That is the same speed I ride behind a G23 and it translates perfectly. I have the option to fill the belly ballast tank for another 320#, but prefer the wake without it full. I know people running upwards of 3500# in the same boat, but I don't know how the wake reacts. I can only assume it gets better.

--Southern Fried--
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAN 210

If you are considering other brands
2001-2010 205v hull Xstar, X-2 and X-1 during those years.

2010 -2015 X-25 big steep wake with very little ballast needed.

DJew Jake
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Toronto

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

core-rider wrote:
Cliff notes: Unless you have the coin to spend on a G stick with a mid-2000 era SAN, remove factory ballast in favor of sacs and enjoy possibly the best budget wakeboat hull ever made!

If you want that classic Legacy SAN wake with cost savings in mind...

Any Super Sport Nautique, Super Air Nautique from 1995-2006 will get you the hull you need for that wake. The only differences were above the rub rail, different towers, interior layout/space, and creature comforts like Perfect Pass and ballast options. 2003 seems to be the most sought after though. 2006 did come with ballast puppies factory which makes aftermarket ballast fill/empty times better, but the tower is not user-friendly since it weights a metric ton!

1995-2006 with 750 sacs in the rear and either a combination of 600 in the belly with more weight in the bow or 1000 triangle in the bow without the belly sac will yield great results in your wake. You will get that straight up pop form the wall-like wake that hull is know for.

G21/G23 - If you have the means go for it! Even with just factory 2850# ballast the wake is massive. The G23 blends a smooth transition that came with the 2008+ 210s and at the top gives the straight up boot of the older Legacy hulls. I've heard the G21 is even steeper with more boot that anyone preferring the Legacy hull will instantly love, but I have unfortunately not been behind a G21 yet.

I can't really speak on Axis as the only one I rode behind was at a contest years ago. I was not impresseed! The wake was huge because it was loaded down with extra ballast and tons of people, but it washed over and was very mushy. Was not a fan and have never had an opportunity to ride behind a properly weighted boat.

I own a 2003 SANTE and removed the hard tanks in the rear, replaced them with 750# sacs and run a 1000# triangle in the bow seats. 2500# and love it. The wake is a wall of water that kicks me straight up and over. I ride at 80' @ 23-25MPH. That is the same speed I ride behind a G23 and it translates perfectly. I have the option to fill the belly ballast tank for another 320#, but prefer the wake without it full. I know people running upwards of 3500# in the same boat, but I don't know how the wake reacts. I can only assume it gets better.

I just keep my hard tanks in, and plumbed the overflow to 350lb sacs that sit on top. Worked perfect.

The 210 makes a monster wake and the more weight the bigger, i usually ride with about 2000 - 2500 in the boat at 85 feet 23mph

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: