Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help with buying a proper wakeboard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WakeBob

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Help with buying a proper wakeboard? Reply with quote

I have been riding a beginner wakeboard after a 90 hp motor for about 20-30 hours and now I would like to buy a second hand wakeboard that is for more advanced riders.

I think I want a 3 stage rocker in order to be able to fly higher on the wake since our boat doesn't go very deep so it does only make a medium high wake which is really hard to jump high / far on with the current beginner wakeboard I have. I want to buy a second hand wakeboard, but based on a picture of the wakeboard, how can I make sure that it's not a beginner board? Most people who sell their wakeboards just snaps a photo of the upper side of the board so it's impossible to see how much rocker it has.

I do also wonder if you're falling hard enough, will your feet slip out of the bindings or will they always be tightly connected to the bindings on more professional wakeboards?
mseller
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Charleston

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even with a 3 stage rocker you're still not going to be able to get much more air with that outboard motor.

however, if you are looking at pics i'd try to get the brand/model and look it up online so you could see other pics.

and yes even with the best boards/bindings there is still the possibility of getting knocked out of your bindings. Those are the best wipeouts to watch from the boat Laughing Twisted Evil
WakeBob

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mseller wrote:
even with a 3 stage rocker you're still not going to be able to get much more air with that outboard motor.

however, if you are looking at pics i'd try to get the brand/model and look it up online so you could see other pics.

and yes even with the best boards/bindings there is still the possibility of getting knocked out of your bindings. Those are the best wipeouts to watch from the boat Laughing Twisted Evil

Thanks for your reply Smile. Why would an inboard motor be in favor of an outboard?

I've been knocked out of my bindings a few times and I could imagine that it could hurt pretty badly if you wouldn't fly out of them. Major fails are always the most entertaining to watch. Very Happy
mseller
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Charleston

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boats with outboards are typically not designed for wakeboarding(more fishing or joyriding) therefore the wake does not have the shape, ramp, or height that inboards designed for wakeboarding have.
Wazzy
Addict
Addict

City: Illinois

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what size bindings are you looking for? I may have some lightly used ones.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WakeBob

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazzy wrote:
what size bindings are you looking for? I may have some lightly used ones.

Thank you, but I live in Europe and you in Murica? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: