Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Binding setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donnieluc12

City: Youngstown

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Binding setup Reply with quote

I have a hyper lite forefront board and I just rode it for the first time Sunday and got right up. What I want to know is what is a good beginner binding setup. Currently I have my back foot all the way in the back at 0 degrees and my front foot a few holes back and at 15 on the left side and 24 on the right but I wanted to see what you guys think. I want to adjust it and I can't find any good forums or articles on it.
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pearl

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need your bindings equidistance from the tip and tail of the board. Find some dirt and jump forward into it. Notice how your feet are turned when you land. You want to mimic that on the board as far as how far they are turned in or out and how far apart they are. Then center that over the board left to right and front to back and you should be good.
donnieluc12

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if my back binding is in the farthest possible hole back my front binding should be all the way up front? With your jumping scenario I kind of understood it but I was looking for more of a general starter degree # to set it at. I found one on google but I noticed when I was riding that my front binding (my right foot) is way too far adjusted towards the boat and I have the binding on the 2nd hole from the back hole on the left side and I think what I'm going to do is move it up one hole and bring the binding back a little but not at 0. The back binding is perfect it's just the matter of figuring out my front foot.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the jump test also. You want to get your feet in the most natural position. The jump lets your body do the work and set your stance the way you will be most normal. I suggest the same as slidinout says. you want the bindings to be in the same distance. Just count the holes and make sure they match up on both sides.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
donnieluc12

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the front should be the same distance from the back? If that's the case my front one will be at the farthest forward hole
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the rear at the end insert also? That would be a really wide stance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
donnieluc12

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my back foot is in the furthest back hole and my front one is 2-3 holes back from the farthest forward hole
donnieluc12

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just moved them and I think it'll be perfect for riding goofy which is my main and riding switch. I have the back binding in the furthest back holes possible with the left side at 0 and the right side at like 14 then on my front binding I moved it up a hole so from the back hole of the front it's 3 up and I have the left side at 16 degrees and on the right 12 degrees so it's a little duck footed but a little not. When I got in it I felt I had full control in my family room and I can't wait to give it a shot. I feel like I can ride either way and I'll be able to turn and cut a lot easier it's a 144 sized board and I'm 5 10 and 168 lbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: