Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Current Patriot Act Legislation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: May 30, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Current Patriot Act Legislation Reply with quote

Pay close attention to what is going on with this bill and be the squeeky wheel with your representatives. We need to let this piece of the Patriot Act expire and follow it up with getting rid of the whole thing. Anybody that votes for the continuance of this legislation is a traitor, and make sure they know it.
nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a patriot in all of congress or the senate. Everyone of them owes some corporate interest a favor.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509037985&ref=profile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't that the truth.
Broccoli B
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Grand Rapids

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preach on Brotha!

lcap wrote:
you assume that i assume that my assuming is wrong and assume your assumption therefore must be correct.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanted to write your representatives, this does a pretty good job covering the main points...

Quote:
Subject: Hands off the Internet!

Oppose all attempts to expand government involvement in the Internet.

Section 215 of the Patriot Act has expired. This means...

The USA Freedom Act does NOT "reform" the Patriot Act. Instead it…

RE-STARTS bulk collection of phone records, invading my privacy for six more months

And Mitch McConnell's proposed amendments...

* EXTEND bulk collection of phone records for yet another six months -- essentially, a full year more of Section 215
* FORCES tech companies to ask the feds for "permission" to change their data retention policies
* WEAKENS the already modest provisions for amicus briefs to counter the government's position in FISA Courts
* ALLOWS FISA court opinions to remain classified, meaning judges have no accountability

I DO NOT CONSENT!

You swore an oath is to defend the Constitution, including my Fourth Amendment right to be secure from any State surveillance that occurs without a warrant from the Judicial Branch. FISA courts do NOT meet this requirement.

OPPOSE any and ALL bills that violate my rights!

* OPPOSE all four of McConnell's amendments, then…
* VOTE NO on the USA Freedom Act

Do not revive any aspect of the Patriot Act. Section 215 must stay dead!

I'll be watching what you do.

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you that the act needs to expire and not be renewed.

However, I find the liberal use of the words "traitor" and "patriot" to be offensive, small minded, and intended to polarize stupid people's opinions who only see things in black and white with the assistance of simple labels.

Partyb
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lantana, FL

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neognosis wrote:
I agree with you that the act needs to expire and not be renewed.

However, I find the liberal use of the words "traitor" and "patriot" to be offensive, small minded, and intended to polarize stupid people's opinions who only see things in black and white with the assistance of simple labels.

Very well said. Makes for a nice headline for the sheep though.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neognosis, what word would you use to describe on of our representatives that is violating their oath to follow and protect the Constitution?
Partyb
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lantana, FL

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:
Neognosis, what word would you use to describe on of our representatives that is violating their oath to follow and protect the Constitution?

Hey Okie, when did you get on the Supreme Court or start working for the Justice Department? Because you don't know WTF you are talking about.

How come he is not in jail then? Maybe you should contact someone about that, shouldn't he be prosecuted? Tell me what statute he is violating, stop talking BS rhetoric.

What is the oath, and what SPECIFICALLY has he done to violate it, cite statutes and law, not what you read online or saw on CNN.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oath: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

The Patriot Act is in direct conflict with at least two of the Amendments in the BOR. If one of our representatives has voted to pass this act, they are in violation of their oath.

A quote from one of many "expert" opinions out there on the subject:

Quote:
“The Patriot Act drove a stake through the heart of the Bill of Rights, violating at least six of the ten original amendments–the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Amendments–and possibly the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Amendments, as well. The Patriot Act also redefined terrorism so broadly that many non-terrorist political activities such as protest marches, demonstrations and civil disobedience were considered potential terrorist acts, thereby rendering anyone desiring to engage in protected First Amendment expressive activities as suspects of the surveillance state.”

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/renewing_the_patriot_act_who_will_protect_us_from_our_government

While I'm not claiming to be an "expert", it seems pretty clear that the opinion of "experts" and many court cases I've read about, is that the Patriot Act violates our Constitutional rights.

Don't take my word for it, though, go research for yourself. I'm convinced that the Patriot Act has violated our rights and I would bet if you spent enough time digging into it, you may agree.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Partyb, same question...

What word would you use to describe one of our representatives that is violating their oath to follow and protect the Constitution?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: