Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

First boat advices (SN2001/Tristar/Prostar205)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tilem

City: Rimouski

PostPosted: May 17, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: First boat advices (SN2001/Tristar/Prostar205) Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I'm looking to buy my first boat, principaly to wakeboard and wakesurf. I live in Quebec, Canada. I need some advices on some boats I found.
I was looking at first for a SN2001 but I can't find one in my area, so the only way I could get one would be to import one from the US. Otherwise, I found in the area some Mastercraft Tristar late 80's early 90's and also found a Mastercraft Prostar 205 1996 (but without the trailer). The Tristars are about 7000-9000 $CAN and the Prostar 205 is 13900(negociable) $CAN.

I was wondering if you could give me some advices on which boat should I go for or if it would be better to find a SN2001 in the US and import it as I think by reading a lot on these forums the SN2001 would be the best one for what I'd like to do. I can send you the links of the Mastercraft ones if you want to have a look at them.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate!
Phil
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: May 19, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 205 doesn't happen to be a V-drive (205v)?
Either way I'd probably choose the 205, it'll give you some more space and no wood stringers. Both vs the 2001. I do prefer the 2001-wake over the 205, but for surfing you'll probably want the 205 (never surfed it).
Leave the Tristars for what they are.

I have a 2001 and love it, but a '96 vs '89 (last year for 2001) plus no wood plus more space, the 205 is probably your best bet.

Post pics and/or links if you like so we can chime in what's good and what's not.

tilem

City: Rimouski

PostPosted: May 20, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link of the '96 Prostar 205 plus some pictures. The boat has about 760 hours. V drive only came late 90's/20's

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1072317708

flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: May 20, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the 2001 series were pretty small. With this you have some extra room in the front.. If you load that 205 down with some side bags and maybe something in the walkway I bet you can get a pretty good wake. Plus it has a tower already.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: May 20, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That boat likes a little more weight in the bow than in the stern if it's the same hull as the 205v. If you throw a fat sack in the walk way and maybe one under the back seat you should get a nice wakeboard wake from it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: