Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

It got a little weird in OK last night...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: May 07, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: It got a little weird in OK last night... Reply with quote

Had a good run of storms last night and had several tornadoes touch down and do some damage. At one point, there were reports of an exotic animal park being hit and that some of the animals had gotten loose. Of course, this created a perfect chance for people to have some fun on FB. One example...

flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: May 07, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming to OK this weekend. I'm not going to have any Tiger issues or Tigernado issues?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 07, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stay away from Tuttle and you won't have to worry about the tigers...lol

What day are you coming? The weather report this morning seems to be favoring a good chance of severe weather on Saturday.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 08, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flixmaster, here's a bit more info for you. This meteorologist seems to be very accurate with his forecasts.

***Tornado Outbreak Possible Friday***

Severe Weather Update: (Thur eve)

As many of you remember, twice this year some called for a tornado outbreak while I did not. The reason was that the data just did not support it and neither of those events occurred. I also said not to use that expression unless you expect more than a dozen significant tornadoes during one event and not to do it beyond 24 hours out from an event as things do change. Well, I can tell you this evening that the data does support this scenario this time around across parts of OK. The devil is in the details however. See my prior post for the generalities involved. Here I will outline where, what, and when.

The model data wind profiles have increased their directional shear tomorrow in the lower levels with more of an ESE surface wind due to a warm frontal boundary across the I-40 corridor. This is a problem. For 1. it is a boundary that lies across the OKC metro area and 2. it enhances the wind field, the vorticity, and the theta-e along this zone. This means any storm that develops and rides this boundary will not only produce a tornado but a rather large one. Now this doesn't mean everyone needs to panic, just means that if conditions turned out exactly like tonight's models suggest, Friday will not be a pleasant day around here. In addition, the event will transition into another flash flooding situation with another 6+" in the metro. Now this boundary can shift around and could end up on the N side of town or even the S side. It will be the line to monitor tomorrow for the greatest tornado risk in the OKC area. Of course this line extends E and W/NW so anywhere else along this boundary is under the same threat.

That said, other supercell storms will develop across W/SW/S OK during the early afternoon hours and move generally NE and E. There does not appear to be much of a CAP and the lift is quite strong with the upper jet punching in, so I do expect storms to fire early and keep firing all afternoon and evening. Once they get east of I-35 they should start to weaken little by little but remain proficient rain makers with severe weather continuing. Timing is as early as 1pm in SW OK and storms moving into the OKC region by 4 the way it looks now.

Just stay very alert tomorrow and I'll post a new update in the morning to fine tune things even more. Wouldn't be suprised to see the SPC upgrade our Moderate Risk to a High. Depends on a lot of factors that have yet to be nailed down.

flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: May 11, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie

what a crazy weekend in Okie.. We drove thru some of that bad weather on Friday. I could never live in Oklahoma.

We drove back on Sunday and it seemed like the storms just followed us back to Texas. We left north texas and then I heard Tordanos had been spotted.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 11, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it ended up being really tame in central OK, and even the stuff to the south was way less severe than they were thinking. Seems like most of it was S OK and N TX. I like this time of year and love the storms...not so much the tornadoes, but the storms.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: May 12, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The storms I like.. just not the constant thought that I was in the area with the record number of Tornados for the country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: