Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

More shitty cops!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
haven't been keeping a scorecard within the thread, but I'd be curious to know how many of these videos posted in this thread involve white cops v. black citizens and how many of them feature white citizens. THAT is the root of the problem and the outrage.

I saw something the other day that was written not too long ago that was along the lines of, "If Hitler were alive and was returned to power in post World War 2 Germany, would you have a problem with Jews' distrust of him and his government? Would you have a problem with Jews being outraged that he was restored to power? If so, why is it hard to understand the black community's problem with legal white brutality against in light of the history of it towards blacks in America for 400 years?"

I thought it made sense as a way to view the issue as a whole rather than choosing which is right or wrong on a case by case basis

That is a strawman of the first order.

pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Dec 09, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what way?
ohsix

PostPosted: Dec 09, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pet575 wrote:
In what way?

Because every white person isn't racist.

A more accurate parallel would be an Austrian male becoming chancellor of Germany. Just because Hitler was an Austrian male doesn't mean every Austrian male wants to conquer the world and kill all the Jews.
eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equating whites of authority today to Hitler returning to power is a classic strawman.

No one can take the position that Hitlers return would be a good thing which that statement is being held up as an equivilent to white authority figures. No one can take the position all white authority figures are bad, but certainly there is universal agreement versus Hitler. Classic Strawman.

pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 11, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohsix, I think the black community would disagree and that is why I thought it was a perspective actually worth considering rather than dismissing it as a strawman.

And before everyone goes f'ing crazy over my statement, I reluctantly agree that white people are racist. They may not actively intend to be and they may not express it, but it is ingrained in all of us by our culture and society. I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but I'm aware of these types of things when I catch myself at times thinking a certain way that is neither inflammatory nor aimed at depriving anyone of anything but at the same time if I said it aloud I would be deemed "racist."

I don't even know if I know WTF the word "racist" means anymore. To some it is having any type of thoughts about another person who looks different than I do which are anything but, "Yay that guy!" or "GO YOU!"

My idea of racism is more rooted in what we all grew up reading about in the deep south that Dr. King was protesting. I don't have a hatred for any type of people based solely on a group they belong to. However, my biases and preconceived notions that I've innately learned over the years would be considered racist today if I freely expressed them aloud every time they popped into my head. Even if they were innocuous at their worst....

I digress. My point was simply to illustrate that our ways of looking at this stuff, as white people who don't live it everyday, are SO different than what many minorities would consider "the way it really is." I'm not saying they are wrong, I'm simply pointing out that their view isn't as far-fetched as it might seem at first to where we are calling out Strawman arguments in response to their perspective.

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Dec 11, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought alot about this topic, recently. I don't like the militarization of local police. Why? Because I'm a law abiding citizen and I don't want my interactions with the police to be with high strung aggressive types with a quick self preservation reflex and skeptical demeanor. But the criminals have resorted to such over the top behavior, that sometimes I don't blame a cop for having a low threshold for risk assessment. I mean, do these positions pay so well that they can hand pick the cream of the crop individuals for composure, character, and skill? I doubt it.

The culture of racism, as it was initially constructed, is dead. I grew up in the heart of racistville. I saw hooded marches regularly. What passes as "racism" today seems to just be an excuse for whatever failure someone is dealing with. Thats not to say there aren't outliers, but every outlier didnt happen to become a cop. Every time I hear that the investigation in a crime is considering race as a factor, it makes me wonder if every time someone is stabbed if religion is considered as a factor based on the crusades.

Cultures are different. Observing or mentioning those differences is not racism.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Dec 11, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good cops:

eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 11, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pet575 wrote:
ohsix, I think the black community would disagree and that is why I thought it was a perspective actually worth considering rather than dismissing it as a strawman.

And before everyone goes f'ing crazy over my statement, I reluctantly agree that white people are racist. They may not actively intend to be and they may not express it, but it is ingrained in all of us by our culture and society. I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but I'm aware of these types of things when I catch myself at times thinking a certain way that is neither inflammatory nor aimed at depriving anyone of anything but at the same time if I said it aloud I would be deemed "racist."

I don't even know if I know WTF the word "racist" means anymore. To some it is having any type of thoughts about another person who looks different than I do which are anything but, "Yay that guy!" or "GO YOU!"

My idea of racism is more rooted in what we all grew up reading about in the deep south that Dr. King was protesting. I don't have a hatred for any type of people based solely on a group they belong to. However, my biases and preconceived notions that I've innately learned over the years would be considered racist today if I freely expressed them aloud every time they popped into my head. Even if they were innocuous at their worst....

I digress. My point was simply to illustrate that our ways of looking at this stuff, as white people who don't live it everyday, are SO different than what many minorities would consider "the way it really is." I'm not saying they are wrong, I'm simply pointing out that their view isn't as far-fetched as it might seem at first to where we are calling out Strawman arguments in response to their perspective.

That you are reluctant/scared to express your thoughts/feelings is a big part of what i would consider the problem with race relations today. It is not 1964 out there.

Get in the boat and row forward, be a decent human to others, and leave me and my property alone.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more good cop: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/27598416/grandmother-caught-shoplifting-eggs-cop-pays-the-tab

The video of a rookie Alabama police officer who responded to a shoplifting call at a Dollar General store this weekend went viral after he paid for the dozen eggs the grandmother was allegedly trying to steal for her hungry children, MyFoxAl.com reported.

"All across the U.S., law enforcement officers do stuff like this on a daily basis. I felt like it was the right thing to do," William Stacy, the Tarrant police officer, told the station.

It was a routine call. But the circumstances were not.

Helen Johnson, a grandmother, was short on cash because her daughter's welfare check was lost in the mail and her disability check is not set to be delivered until this week. The family, which includes a niece, two daughters and two grandchildren ages 1 and 3, had gone two days without food, she told AL.com.

She was desperate and went to the Dollar General store with $1.25. She was 50 cents short for the eggs and stuffed five eggs into her pocket, the Al.com report said.
"Of course when I put them in my jacket pocket they broke," she told the paper. "I'm not a good thief at all."

Stacy was the first cop at the scene and talked with the store.

"You can't let kids go hungry. I ran inside, bought the eggs for her and walked out and handed her the eggs," Stacy said. "She tried to give me all the money she had on her which was $1.25. I told her to keep it. I don't want it. The way she can repay me is to never do this [shoplift] again."

Stacy gave her a hug and left, but what he didn't know was that another customer, Robert Tripp, recorded the exchange.

"He approached it like 'I'm going to talk to her to see what is going on, assess the situation, see what is going on first' besides attacking her. I thought it was pretty cool," Tripp said.

Police and the store will not press charges.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now even better coppage!

eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/22/us/new-york-police-officers-killed/

And on the day of his deadly attack, those officers just happened to be Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos.

sickening. Sad

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was another one in fla as well. f*ed up.
eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC police have to be on edge, citizens are on edge. Expect more soon, I would imagine.
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the cop in STL do the right thing this time?

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another good cop here

warning - graphic shooting death

nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
another good cop here

warning - graphic shooting death

The kid did drop a gun and turn back down to grab it.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509037985&ref=profile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if you took my comment as sarcastic, but it wasn't. that's a 100% legit shooting in my book.
nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe more political than anything but police related.

If anyone recalls the big uproar and recall effort after the act 10 in WI where public unions with the exception of those who contributed to the governors run for office were stripped down, then this article will give you a perfect glimpse of why either all or none should have been done away with.

But it also gives you a good glimpse of how broken the system is and that a culture of dishonesty and theft is rampant in the Milwaukee Police Force.

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/milwaukees-flawed-duty-disability-system-may-be-impossible-to-fix-b99438108z1-290668441.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Feb 12, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/02/bystanders-video-shows-cops-shooting-killing-fleeing-man/

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 12, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

props to the police chief for doing the right thing here.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/madison_police_fire_and_arrest.html

Madison police officer Eric Parker today turned himself in to face assault charges, following the severe injuries to an Indian citizen who was walking down the street outside his son's new home.

Chief Larry Muncey told a small press conference in Madison that he also recommended that Parker be fired for his use of force against a man who committed no crime, did not speak English and could not understand the commands.

Muncey said "I found that Officer Eric Parker's actions did not meet the high standards and expectations of the Madison City Police Department."

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLnT336bxfo[/youtube]
nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nmballa wrote:
Maybe more political than anything but police related.

If anyone recalls the big uproar and recall effort after the act 10 in WI where public unions with the exception of those who contributed to the governors run for office were stripped down, then this article will give you a perfect glimpse of why either all or none should have been done away with.

But it also gives you a good glimpse of how broken the system is and that a culture of dishonesty and theft is rampant in the Milwaukee Police Force.

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/milwaukees-flawed-duty-disability-system-may-be-impossible-to-fix-b99438108z1-290668441.html

Case in point...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/jury-acquits-fired-milwaukee-cop-in-suspect-beating-case-b99444390z1-291897721.html

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/edward-flynn-says-suspended-detectives-disability-claim-is-fraudulent-b99154364z1-234076541.html

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/milwaukee-on-hook-for-1-million-after-jury-finds-detective-lied-b99147771z1-232878221.html

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A newly released video of a fatal shooting by Dallas police shows the moments that led to a mentally ill man’s death as he held a screwdriver.

Two Dallas police officers shot Jason Harrison, 38, at his home on June 14. Police said at the time that Harrison’s mother told them he was making “violent threats” and that Harrison, who was armed with a screwdriver, became aggressive when the officers ordered him to drop it.

But Harrison’s family and their attorney, Geoff Henley, released the video saying they believe it should spark reforms for policies and training on how police interact with the mentally ill. Also, they said officers should have first tried less lethal force on Harrison, such as pepper spray or a Taser.

“This is a perfect video for the Dallas Police Department to use in training as an example of what not to do,” said older brother Sean Harrison. “You don’t yell at them — that only agitates them.”

But the officers who shot Harrison feared for their lives, said their attorney, Chris Livingston. He said killing someone with a screwdriver would be “pretty easy. It’ll only take one blow.”

“You can’t de-escalate someone coming at you with a weapon,” Livingston added.

Harrison’s family obtained the video from the department as evidence in a federal civil-rights lawsuit they filed in October.
A screenshot from the body-worn camera video showing Dallas police fatally shooting a mental patient.

A screenshot from the body-worn camera video showing Dallas police fatally shooting a mental patient.

That day, Harrison’s mother called 911 to ask the police for help bringing her son, who was bipolar and schizophrenic, to Parkland Hospital. He was in a crisis because he was off his medication, his family said.

In the 911 call, Harrison’s mother described her son’s mental disorders, and those details were relayed to the officers by dispatchers, Henley said. The video shows Harrison’s mother walking calmly out of the house in the 200 block of Glencairn Drive seconds prior to the shooting.

“He’s just off the chain,” she is heard telling the officers. “Bipolar schizo.”

The family’s lawsuit claims Harrison did not pose a threat, in part because the screwdriver he held was a small one used for computers. He had never been violent before, Sean Harrison said.

Police officials have previously said the body camera video backs up the officers’ accounts of self-defense, showing a fast-unfolding event in a tightly confined space. They were protecting themselves, police said.

Dallas police said Monday the department has completed its internal investigation into whether the officers broke any laws. The department did not make a ruling on that issue and instead forwarded the file to the Dallas County district attorney’s office, said police spokesman Lt. Jose Garcia.

Internal investigators are still reviewing the case to see if the officers violated any policies, Garcia said.

The two officers, John Rogers and Andrew Hutchins, are back on full duty and the case is awaiting review by a grand jury. Both officers had been on the force for more than five years at the time of the shooting.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/family-releases-video-of-dallas-police-fatal-shooting-of-mental-patient.html/
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not systemic. just a couple of bad apples.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/28696357/hill-county-sheriff-3-others-arrested-for-tampering-with-certification-tests

HILL COUNTY - Hill County Sheriff Michael Cox was temporarily suspended by Judge James E. Morgan Wednesday afternoon after he and three other Hill County Sheriff's Office employees were arrested.

At an emergency Hill County Commissioner's Court meeting, Hill County Judge Justin W. Lewis announced Wes Collins will serve as temporary sheriff for the county.

Special Prosecutor David Deaconson has been appointed to the criminal matters after Hill County District Attorney Mark Pratt recused himself.

Sheriff Cox, his chief deputy, and two other Hill County Sheriff's Office employees turned themselves in Wednesday after they were named on warrants for tampering with government documents and breach of computer security.

Sheriff Cox, Hill County Chief Deputy Mark Wilson, former Cpt. Leroy Rodriguez, and jailer Bryan Winget were all named on warrants issued Wednesday following an investigation conducted by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). Each charge is a state jail felony, punishable by up to two years in prison.

TCOLE began their investigation at the request of the Hill County Attorney's Office, who received a tip of misconduct within their office.

Sheriff Cox's attorney, Pete Schulte, said these cases are usually sent to the grand jury before issuing arrest warrants, and these charges are "laughable."

"They are absolutely false. He is innocent. He looks forward going to court and showing these charges are politically motivated and false," said Schulte.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oklahoma cop mistakenly pulls gun instead of Taser, fatally shoots suspect

An Oklahoma reserve deputy says he thought he grabbed his Taser stun gun -- but instead had inadvertently pulled his service revolver -- when he fatally shot a suspect being handcuffed.

The officer, Robert Charles Bates, 73, shot and killed Eric Courtney Harris, 44, as the suspect was struggling with deputies arresting him on gun charges, the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office said Friday.

Bates, an insurance company executive and a former full-time officer, is assigned to the Violent Crimes Task Force.

Bates fired one shot Thursday during an undercover operation to sell Harris a pistol and ammunition. Police said Harris initially ran, then was on the ground as a deputy tried to handcuff him.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/oklahoma_cop_mistakenly_pulls.html
ChrisG
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brentwood, CA

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be one of the worst cases yet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/07/officer-michael-slager-shoots-man-in-back-video_n_7021134.html

Officer Slager, you are going down.

Quote:
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' nig**ers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's completely sickening to me that absent that video, Slager would likely still be on the beat and zero charges would be filed. This would be despite evidence (you know, like 8 entry wounds on the guy's back) that show he posed no threat to the officer. Because "credibility".

Never thought I would see South Carolina going out of their way to get in front of this type of case. But again, no video, no crime. The tree would have fallen in the forest and made no sound.

pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I read an article about it since the video came out that contained the original, pre-video, news reporting bites. They described the "man with a history of legal run-ins but nothing violent since an assault several years ago" as well as the "officer who was a former member of the Coast Guard with no disciplinary history." Seemed like the classic "Good cop had to take down a guy threatening him who had a criminal history." Then the video.....
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thin blue line, right? Utter garbage.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this goes back to some of my earliest posts in this thread - using tasers as a threat/weapon to force a desired response/action. not a fan.

although this kid is douchey enough to almost be ok w/ it.

Virginia Beach, VA– In January, 18-year-old Courtney Griffith was pulled over for the light on her license plate being out. Concerned by the officer’s aggressive behavior and knowing her rights, she propped her cell phone up on the dashboard to capture the incident.

After brutalizing her 17-year-old friend and taking them both into custody, the officers attempted to delete the footage. Luckily, the video went to a “recently deleted” file on her iPhone and was able to be recovered.

The young mother had just pulled into her driveway with the father of her child as well as her 17-year-old friend Brandon. As they turned in, police officers who were following her turned on their lights and pulled her over, citing the light above her license plate[Rolling Eyes ]. One of the officers who pulled her over, Officer Pittman, was the same officer who had previously arrested her as a minor for possession of marijuana, something she maintains she no longer touches. Griffith believes that he had remembered her from their previous encounter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“They arrested me, never Mirandized me or Brandon, and they sent me off with a summons. When I went back to my car, my phone had been brought off the dashboard and was on the drivers seat. I asked the cops who deleted the video, after looking for it in my folder, and they all started laughing. It was sickening. I later found it in my recently deleted folder,”

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/officer-caught-camera-brutalizing-teenager-traffic-stop-attempted-delete-footage/#vsHjRC02EKTGABko.99
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NKC

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was in possession of marijuana (hidden in his crotch), the officer had probable cause to pat him down even if he is a minor because of the odor. If the kid would have just complied then nothing but a misdemeanor charge... Yes i agree the cops handled the situation horribly, and should be charged with tampering of evidence. But the constitutionalist girl and mr ganja balls are in the wrong as well
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some cool apps out there for uploading footage where it cannot be deleted. Something to think about.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such as??
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bambuser.com/

I've hear really good feedback about this one.

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what to think about this one.

On one hand, dude had a rifle and might have fired it into the air.

On the other hand... well sh*t I don't know if there is one.

http://mashable.com/2015/04/14/dash-cam-video/

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he def fired it into the air. it looks terrible, but the guy is absolutely a threat. not sure that's a bad way to handle it. my biggest concern is that the guy ends up crippled and on the taxpayer dime the rest of his life. at least if a cop shoots him dead, he's dead.

not sure i have a real problem w/ this one either - warning nsfw language
http://www.wthr.com/story/28797721/watch-woman-arrested-after-altercation-with-fort-wayne-officer-nsfw
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rt.com/usa/252189-texas-trooper-kicks-motorcyclist/

Quote:
Texas trooper jumpkicks motorcyclist after shooting him in high-speed chase (VIDEO)
Published time: April 23, 2015 00:06 Get short URL

Apparently shooting a Texas motorcyclist in the thigh during a high-speed chase wasn’t enough for one state trooper, who ended up performing a leaping kick into the man’s lower body after eventually pulling him over.

The incident began after then-25-year-old Steven Gaydos ran a stop sign in Texas’ Chambers County. The case actually occurred back in December 2012, but only surfaced recently after the Austin American-Statesman newspaper conducted an investigation into how cops deal with fleeing suspects.

The chase was captured by Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) trooper Abraham Martinez’s dashcam as he raced behind Gaydos, yelling at him to pull over. Speeds of 130 miles per hour were reached during the chase and at one point, Martinez took out his gun and shot it four times in Gaydos’ direction.

Martinez said he was only aiming to “disable” the motorcycle, but he ended up striking Gaydos in his right thigh with one of the bullets.

Eventually, Gaydos could be seen slowing down as he reached an intersection and decided to pull over. However, as he tried to dismount from the bike, Martinez is seen jumping in the air towards him and kicking him in his left thigh.

Gaydos was taken to the ground and arrested. He was charged with evading arrest, driving with an invalid license and possessing two Percocet pills, the Statesman reported. Gaydos said at the time he knew the police were chasing him, but claimed he didn’t want to lose his bike because of a suspended license. He also questioned whether it was necessary for Martinez to shoot him.

Martinez was questioned following the incident and claimed he shot at Gaydos and then kicked him off his bike because he believed the suspect was involved in some sort of crime.

“Past experience has taught me that people evade arrest to conceal their identity after committing felonious crimes to include but not limited to, murders, aggravated robberies, sexual assaults, burglaries, and/or the vehicle utilized to evade arrest is stolen,” he wrote regarding the incident, according to documents from his personnel file.

Ultimately, Martinez was suspended for three days without pay “for violating DPS policy by using force inconsistent with his training.”

The DPS has since implemented some restrictions regarding the use of firearms on absconding suspects. It now requires officers to “exercise sound judgment based on a deep reverence for human life.”

The DPS maintains officers will have to use deadly force against those fleeing on some occasions.

“Once a driver makes a conscious decision to evade law enforcement they are automatically committing a felony offense and endangering the public,” DPS spokesman Tom Vinger told the newspaper.

Umm, your officer shot at a moving target, but the fleeing motorcyclist is the one "endangering the public". Well alrighty then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37

Add To Favorites

Jump to: