Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

1st boat buyer advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBroadus21

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: 1st boat buyer advice? Reply with quote

I am looking to buy my 1st wake boat, wanting to keep the price around 30k. its going to be used for wake boarding and surfing. Any advice of whats the best boat ( equipped and performance wise). I have found a few 07-09 Moomba LSV and Also an 05 MC x-2 most recently. Opinions of these? Im seeing some 05-07 (ish) Wakesetters up around 40. worth it?

All help and advice would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Bowen
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas...I miss SoCal

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, this forum really is dead now.

None of the boats you are looking at are bad, per se. It's all about preference. Anyone will find both good and bad things about each of the boats you listed, but it'll just turn into a "Ford vs. Chevy" argument.

If your budget is $30k, then stick to your budget. In that realm I'd look for a mid 2000s Super Air Nautique 210, Wakesetter, or Master Craft X1/X2 (the 205V hull). Those boats have timeless hulls that will take you far.
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Bowen said.

Super Air, the wake will be very steep with lots of pop. Harder to clean up and not as good for the beginner crowd as you have maintain 22-23mph to keep the wake clean.

MC X-2, X-1 205v hull. steep but still has a good transition with lots of pop. (my favorite wake of these three)

Wakesetter, more rampy with less lip. Slightly bigger inside, more beginner friendly.

Basically personal preference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: