Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Recommendation for two boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scent of a mule

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Recommendation for two boards Reply with quote

Hoping to get a recommendation for two family boards. One for my kids and one for adults and my kids to later use. We are new to wake surfing. Have a 2014 MasterCraft x-10 with Gen 2 surf system. My kids are 7 (55 lbs), 8 (70 lbs), and 10 (90 lbs). Want a board all can use and get up on. My wife and I want a board we can cruise on. Won't be getting too crazy on it. She is 5'8 (128 lbs and I am 6'2 (180 lbs). I am sure you have guessed the theme is we are new to the sport and want to be on boards that will allow us to get up and ride. I don't necessarily have a budget. Willing to spend the money if it means we are surfing as a family.

What I have come up from researching is:
Kids: Inland Surf ooze
Phase 5 Scamp (although only up to 80 #)
Shredstixx Chaos Nano
Walker Project Grom

Adult Beginner: (Most confused here)
Inland Surf Blue Lake
???
teacher dan

City: Arlington

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same "boat." Literally and figuratively. We just bought a 2014 X-10 as well and are looking for a couple of boards. Did you end up buying boards?
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a kid board I think the scamp will be small for the 90lb rider.

We are going to start selling Phase 5 at boardstop this year. I hear the Scamp is the way to go for the smaller riders.

A highend kid board might damage really easy so keep that in mind.

For adults the blue lake is the most versatile inland board. I don't like it as much as the Swallow at 190lbs.

I would recommend an entry level board for the boat like a Tsunami from CWB or another entry level board just to have on the boat.

your not going to want all your newbies riding 600-800 highend boards because they will cause some damage to those higher end boards.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: