Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Prayers for a friend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Prayers for a friend Reply with quote

Some friends of ours could really use some prayers, and donations if you feel so inclined. Their daughter is fighting cervical cancer; a friend of hers started a fundraiser to help out. If you feel compelled, please help them out.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/40k5/ivy-k-crowther-cervical-cancer

ChrisG
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brentwood, CA

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie - I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is a bitch, especially at a young age. My wife was recently diagnosed with NHL (non-Hodgkins lymphoma) back in March. It has definitely turned our world upside down. With that said, has your friend looked into alternative treatments, other than chemo, radiation, and/or surgery? My wife has been taking full extract cannabis oil for the past 6 months and on her last PET scan in early July, the tumor had shrunk by 15%. In fact our Oncologist told us to keep taking the oil since it was working and that cannabis CAN NOT harm you. We were both shocked and grateful that he is fully supportive of this type of treatment.
Quote:

Cannabinoids may cause antitumor effects by various mechanisms, including induction of cell death, inhibition of cell growth, and inhibition of tumor angiogenesis invasion and metastasis.[9-12] Two reviews summarize the molecular mechanisms of action of cannabinoids as antitumor agents.[13,14] Cannabinoids appear to kill tumor cells but do not affect their nontransformed counterparts and may even protect them from cell death. These compounds have been shown to induce apoptosis in glioma cells in culture and induce regression of glioma tumors in mice and rats. Cannabinoids protect normal glial cells of astroglial and oligodendroglial lineages from apoptosis mediated by the CB1 receptor.[15]

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...same to you and your wife. Glad to hear about the positive results.

We haven't talked in detail about treatment, but that is something I'll mention to them. I've read a lot lately about cannabis oil and I am more convinced every day of its benefits. That and treating ourselves to health care (good eating, etc.) versus sick care (medical treatment and drugs), is a path we should all be considering, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: