Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

[Urgent] About to buy a new boat (comparing boats)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawnty

City: Umeå

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: [Urgent] About to buy a new boat (comparing boats) Reply with quote

Hello Wakeboarders!

This Friday me and my dad is going to buy a new boat. We've found two boats we like; a Bayliner F17 -07 fit with a tower and a Glastron SX 175 -03 without a tower.

Ive tried to look around on the internet for information about wakeboarding with either of these boats without any real results. Do anyone of you know which boat would be better for wakeboarding? If we buy the Glastron we will buy a tower for it aswell.

Thanks on advance /Shawnty
eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither. Look here

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=59748

flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are runabout boats. I think they are going to be about the same other than one already comes with a tower. Do they both have the same horsepower?

for wakeboarding and wakesufing a inboard/vdrive type boat is most popular. I would look at some old Malibu boats, Nautique, Mastercraft etc and see what models you can find in your market.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Shawnty

City: Umeå

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both boats are at 135hp.
Ill have a look at inboard/vdrive boats and see if i can find anything about them.

@Eeven73, Im from Sweden and the wakeboard boat market is very slim if not non-existent, especially in the northern part of Sweden.
eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, gotcha. just trying to help Wink
chrisareid

City: Armadale

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just thought I would throw my tuppenceworth in. I am from Europe too, (Scotland) and the wakeboard boat market is not too hot here either. The more designed for wakeboarding boats are fairly expensive. I wanted a boat for me and the kids and one that I could wakeboard from. I have a Maxxum 1800MX and I fitted a Jobe tower to it. I get reasonable wake and a good pull from it, its never going to be a pro wakeboarding boat, but then I am never going to be a pro wakeboarder. So if you are looking for something to get you up and get out on the water, both your boats look similar size to my "runabout". I dont know the boats personally, my Borther in law used to have a 21ft Bayliner with 5.0l lump and it was good for a pull, but the wake wasnt brilliant for boarding, great for ski-ing though. Hope you get what you want and when you do post some pictures.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: