Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help on a Wetsounds setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Help on a Wetsounds setup Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I upgraded to an '06 Malibu LSV last summer. The boat came with a stereo that should be more than I need, but it has some problems. I was finally able to crawl around and investigate the setup. Now I just need to find out what to do with it. Any help would be much appreciated!

Audio setup:
    1 Wetsounds Syn 6 amp
    2 Pairs of Wetsounds Pro60s on the tower
    2 Pairs of Wetsounds xs-650s in the interior
    Smallish (8-10") Subwoofer
    Kenwood KDC-MP4032 head-unit which is not driving any speakers

Problems:
    2 of the Pro60s never emit sound (both on port side coming from the same speaker wire)
    There is very little sound coming out of the Pro60s on the starboard side
    I need to be able to balance the Pro60s with The Balance and Fader settings on the head unit doesn't do anything productive

Questions:
    Can the Syn 6 support this load? Reading their configuration recommendations it sounds like it will handle 2 out of the 3 of these duties. I've never heard of anyone running 8 speakers+sub. But I'm pretty new to Wetsounds
    How should I configure this to allow more control?
    Do I need Wetsounds EQ?

Current Configuration: (The way the amp was mounted I couldn't see the setup, but took pictures with my phone. See attached)
    3 RCA pairs run from the head unit to the Syn 6. I'm not sure exactly which port which goes, the wires aren't labeled and I haven't been able to sort them out yet (Rear, Front, Sub)
    The interior xs-650s (4) are driven from Ports 1 & 2
    The port-side Pro60s (2) are driven from Port 3
    The starboard-side Pro60s (2) are driven from Port 4
    Port 5 is empty
    Port 6 drives the sub

Other things to note: I have an extra 2 channel amp that will push a sub sitting in my storage unit if it would help. I expected that the Port-Side Pro60s the wire had become disconnected. But it was still connected and looked good. Now I wonder if it's the Amp settings or a hidden connection that's the problem.

vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disconnect the tower speaker wires that wont play at the amp. Then take the speaker wires, disconnect them and run an ohm meter and see what you have. Also, make sure the speakers are wired correctly use this to find out. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp You don't want the ohms to get too low or high for the amp.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, I was going to test the impedance but I forgot my voltmeter at home so I couldn't. That'll be next step. Been talking to the guys at themalibucrew and found out I basically need another amp. That Syn6 won't handle everything I'm trying to do. I'm just going to grab my Rockford amp and use that.

Still working on ironing out the details

vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a rockford amp on mine it works great. Let me know if you need some more help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: